Terrorism has no religion.

Buy my mixtape fam

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, they're all stupid and shitty.

Bring on the hate  :)

Im not saying religion is stupid, i just dont understand the mindset when it comes to muslims most people (evidently in this thread alone) blame the religion and try to generalise the actions of a few to the other 1.6 Billion muslims assume that are all the same.

I find it hilarious at christians who "look down" on muslims as if they are the "better" religion. No, lets ignore our long history of genocide and that we basically invaded iraq for oil under "god's will". If you bring those up they can magically differentiate that in those times people took christianity to the extreme and/or for their advantage that it's not the fault of their religion and turn aroud with a straight face say that all muslims are in some way shape or form terrorists.

yes, the god of the old testament in the bible was a terrible shit

but when jesus fulfilled the law and died for our sins gods expectations of his followers changed

jesus literally preached against all violence even to the point of letting you enemies kill you and everyone you love without lifting a finger to stop them.... this is what christians would do if they took the word of jesus literally

this is why the early christian church had so many martyred, because they would not fight

catholicism, orthodoxy, and protestantism are against the word of christ

• Administrators

> understands that christians don't follow the old or new testament word-for-word and many sects simply follow their own versions

> doesn't understand that muslims do exactly the same thing and thinks they're all terrorists or sympathizers who strongly believe in all of the worst parts of the quran

the cognitive dissonance is strong with this one.

in islam the price for apostasy is death

muslims who pretend to be "moderate" are practicing taqiya to propagate their religion, they are following islam to the letter, this has been done throughout history for the same purpose

this is vastly different than christian hypocrisy 

• Administrators

once again, unless you can read the minds of moderate muslims, you have no idea why they express moderate views.

ye, but i can follow the trend throughout history of Muslim following this path as  commanded by muhammad and i can see it happening in the same fashion today

>forgets about thread, comes back 2 days later

God damn, let me clear this up for those who can't seem to comprehend a religion they think they know something about. I myself, while not Muslim, have studied Muslim in its entirety, and not the English version, which by the way, has no real meaning, because the foundation of the Qur'an was lost when it was translated to newer, western languages, like English. 

Now, I can tell you for a fact, out of the 1.8 billion people who are Muslim, very few of them aspire to hate against other religions. I don't even need a fact or source for this-it's just common sense. 

Muhammad is taught to be tolerable of other religions. The reason he persecuted and went after the nearby religions (forget which 2 exactly) was because God ordered him to kill them for what they had been doing in their actions-not because of their religions. If you actually read the fine text of the Qur'an and not just some news article on it, you'd probably know that.

And even if Muhammad was told to kill-I'm sorry, but no religion today follows their old teachings. I can make a list for you of stuff told in the Bible that Christians don't follow. If you honestly have the audacity to believe that almost every Muslim is an extremist and wants to kill, then you're oblivious to how any of this works.

if you still defend islam after studying it for yourself then you are an enemy of liberty, equality, and western culture

So, I can have my own oppinion in the matter, but if it's not yours, then I'm an enemy of all you hold dear ...

Boko Haram, is that you?

but when jesus fulfilled the law and died for our sins gods expectations of his followers changed

jesus literally preached against all violence even to the point of letting you enemies kill you and everyone you love without lifting a finger to stop them.... this is what christians would do if they took the word of jesus literally

what did he teach about spreading hatred?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Either way, this is an interesting clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmKpm_9BtHc

and not the English version, which by the way, has no real meaning, because the foundation of the Qur'an was lost when it was translated to newer, western languages, like English.

And even if Muhammad was told to kill-I'm sorry, but no religion today follows their old teachings. I can make a list for you of stuff told in the Bible that Christians don't follow. If you honestly have the audacity to believe that almost every Muslim is an extremist and wants to kill, then you're oblivious to how any of this works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_English

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_Arabic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankish_language

"newer"

Whilst this is probably for the best, isn't it also technically disobeying the "literal word of god" by not following certain teachings?

Whilst this is probably for the best, isn't it also technically disobeying the "literal word of god" by not following certain teachings?

I think the obvious distinction to be made is that we are not Muhammed.

The same idea that lives in christianity: Divine punisment is supposed to be reserved for God. God can command someone who execute divine punishment, but that doesn't mean that anyone is allowed to do it.

Likewise, even if Allah says that Muhammad should kill, then by divine decree, he should kill. That doesn't apply to the rest.

Islam, in it's core, is believing in your interpretation of the Qu'ran. How you interprete these, and how munch imporatance you put on certain (equivalents of) footnotes and apendixes ... puts you in a school/branch

800px-Islam_branches_and_schools.svg.png

i believe in liberty and equality, islam promotes neither

So you say, but when you call people who differ with you from oppinion, liers & enemies, your actions say something completely different.

When I have the liberty on my own oppinion in the matter, as long as it's the same as yours ... that's not liberty

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure Muhammad was kicked out of his home country, got followers, then came back and took revenge

Am I wrong? Because if not then I can say that Islam was not founded on peaceful means. 

I mean really every major religion had some kind of prophet or God that resorts to violence at some point, minus like Buddhism

I mean in Judaism, when the pharaoh wouldn't allow the Hebrew slaves (Israelites) to leave, God casted some plagues on him, involving the death of babies

I've never read the bible, so as far as I know there wasn't much violence in Christianity, but brought several decades of it

So yah know, like most things, religion evolves. Not to say all muslims are radicals like ISIS, but it's kind of like Darwin's finches

All on the same island had different beaks to break into different seeds on the part of the island they were on

There are several different subgroups of religions, each were impacted by the region they were in, but mainly their own thinking

k i'm done ok by

Islam isn't the problem. Interpretation is the problem. All those people in the 19th century who claimed that the Bible condoned slavery and that slavery "civilized" and "christianized" slavery interpreted the religious texts that way (or they did it out of greed, both are probably true for a lot of people who held that view). Christianity wasn't the problem back then, wrong interpretation was. Same thing now with Islam. Makes me sick how people go around saying Islam is poison when the United States and colonial European nations used their interpretation as justification to steal all the natives' land, rape their women, and enslave them.

I mean in Judaism, when the pharaoh wouldn't allow the Hebrew slaves (Israelites) to leave, God casted some plagues on him, involving the death of babies

I've never read the bible, so as far as I know there wasn't much violence in Christianity, but brought several decades of it

The 'problem' with the Bible or Chistianity, is that it's an extend of Judaism: Jews are waiting for the Messiah, Christians believe that Jesus was the Messiah).

While Jesus was a a pretty peaceful guy, Chistianity still follows the same God - meaning it's the same God that casted the plagues on Egypt. The fist half of the Bible (the Old Testemant), in a nutshell, is a rewrite of the Tanakh (the Jewish Hebrew Bible). It includes for instance the Book Of Joshua (Yehoshua in the Tanakh), which is the conquest of Canaan, the Promised Land.

Or the Psalms (Tehillim in the Tanakh) . While Jesus might have preached to turn the other cheek, the Bible contains things like Psalm 144:1

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Which, these days, is printed on a gun called, refered to "The Crusader Gun".

As such, I would say that the Bible is a book that feeds confirmation bias. Christians who preach peace will find confirmation of this in the Bible, and Christians who preach war will find confirmation of this in the Bible.

Islam isn't the problem. Interpretation is the problem. All those people in the 19th century who claimed that the Bible condoned slavery and that slavery "civilized" and "christianized" slavery interpreted the religious texts that way (or they did it out of greed, both are probably true for a lot of people who held that view). Christianity wasn't the problem back then, wrong interpretation was. Same thing now with Islam. Makes me sick how people go around saying Islam is poison when the United States and colonial European nations used their interpretation as justification to steal all the natives' land, rape their women, and enslave them.

> implying that Europeans were the only colonists and that all European nations wanted to commit native genocide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Proclamation_of_1763

"which forbade all settlement past a line drawn along the Appalachian Mountains."

"The proclamation outlawed the private purchase of Native American land, which had often created problems in the past. Instead, all future land purchases were to be made by Crown officials "at some public Meeting or Assembly of the said Indians". Furthermore, British colonials were forbidden to settle on native lands, and colonial officials were forbidden to grant ground or lands without royal approval. However, the line was not an uncrossable boundary; people could cross the line for trade and such, just not settle past it. The proclamation gave the Crown a monopoly on all future land purchases from American Indians."

This was one of the triggers of the American Revolutionary War - the Crown had often had to bail the colonists out of wars with the natives. The French (unlike the Spanish and the future USA) actively and peacefully interacted with the natives. During the War of 1812, the majority of natives fought on the British side. European colonialism was by no means morally correct, but it wasn't mass genocide etc either.

You don't believe in those things, though. Liberty and equality includes freedom of religion.

freedom to destroy my freedom is not freedom but tyranny

tolerance of direct intolerance is self destructive

• Administrators

Moderate muslims aren't trying to destroy your freedom, and "they secretly are, they just don't tell you" is a completely ridiculous argument. You are trying to destroy their freedom quite openly, however.

tolerance of direct intolerance is self destructive

No one is destroying your freedom, calm down. 

am I the only one noticing this guy posting self contradicting statements in little 2 line replies over and over

> implying that Europeans were the only colonists and that all European nations wanted to commit native genocide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Proclamation_of_1763

"which forbade all settlement past a line drawn along the Appalachian Mountains."

"The proclamation outlawed the private purchase of Native American land, which had often created problems in the past. Instead, all future land purchases were to be made by Crown officials "at some public Meeting or Assembly of the said Indians". Furthermore, British colonials were forbidden to settle on native lands, and colonial officials were forbidden to grant ground or lands without royal approval. However, the line was not an uncrossable boundary; people could cross the line for trade and such, just not settle past it. The proclamation gave the Crown a monopoly on all future land purchases from American Indians."

This was one of the triggers of the American Revolutionary War - the Crown had often had to bail the colonists out of wars with the natives. The French (unlike the Spanish and the future USA) actively and peacefully interacted with the natives. During the War of 1812, the majority of natives fought on the British side. European colonialism was by no means morally correct, but it wasn't mass genocide etc either.

I wasn't implying anything. Just stating a fact: many white settlers in North America used Christianity as an excuse to treat the Native Americans the way that they did. And don't even mention the Spanish, what they did was way worse. 

My point: it's not a problem of religion. It's a problem of people interpreting it and using it the wrong way.

Freedom to destroy their freedom is not freedom but tyranny, as well.

Letting people have their own relgion, and not trying to spread hatred, is what freedom is. The other, is what you & ISIS are doing.

Archived