Terrorism has no religion.

Buy my mixtape fam

So, with the attacks that just took place several hours ago, I read an interesting comment on a post saying "terrorism has no religion". Personally, I couldn't find this more true.

Lots of people, especially recently, have been blaming Muslims for being terrorists, yet that's just not true. Many of the members of groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda are Islamic, but that doesn't equal to being Muslim. And the muslims who are terrorists outshine the large population who aren't only because of their attention that they've gathered in the media, which many can't seem to grasp.

And there's so many terrorists groups that aren't associated with Islam/Muslims. But the thing is, you don't even need to be strongly tied to a religion to commit a terroristic act. A terrorist is a person who commits an act of violence with "political aim". It doesn't even have to be political aim. People fed up with their lives/the world just kill people sometimes because.

Now, if you don't believe me still, let's take a guess. How many, of the terrorist attacks that have occurred in Europe from 2009-2014, do you think were motivated by religion (this includes all)? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you were wrong-less than 2% were.

Case and point.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrorists come from all sorts of different backgrounds, be they separatist, religious, racially motivated or nationalistic. 2% however seems extremely low when you consider the amount of Islamist groups with intent to attack targets in Europe/ the US, although it's possible that the article doesn't considered failed plots.

I'm not saying terrorism has a religion. I'm not saying Islam as a whole should be damned to hell, and that every muslim is a possible terrorist.

What I'm saying, though, is that a lot of religions developed over time, Christianity as a prime example. We were the bad guys, really bad guys for long enough, but we evolved to a very liberal state. We don't want to conquer other countries anymore in the name of some silly god, and we don't want to kill others for their beliefs either-

Other religions though, and Islam is the prime example here, did not evolve much, or at all. It's the same spirit since thousands of years, a few examples: Women are lesser human beings than men, everyone who doesn't believe in Allah is a infidel, if you want to convert from Islam it's ok to stone/ kill you, killing infidels is nothing too bad, really, thieves lose various bodyparts...

Tell me that's only the thing the last generation believed in... and then look what happens down in Africa, and watch it start to happen here in Europe, too. Honor murders, racially/ religiously motivated attacks, children in schools get beaten up/ robbed "for fun".

Down there you don't need to look who it is that does such things, but look up here...

Oh my, the Jewish ain't the one murdering their own sisters for marrying a european, the Buddhists aren't killing caricaturists, chanting in the streets, lighting up cars because they drew a picture that they don't find amusing, us Christians don't blow up people or shoot them on open street just because they pray to a different god...

It's muslims. They are used to doing what they think is right, and where they are makes no difference to them. To us it might be terrorism, to them it's their way of showing what... their discontent?

No, terrorism has no religion.

But if it had one, then in our time the Islam would be its religion. Hundreds of people died today in Paris. Not much is known by now, but want my prediction? Those attacks were religiously motivated hate crimes committed by muslim terrorists.

Oh, not all Muslims are radicals? That's right, good luck it is, or you couldn't set a foot on the street without a "Allahu Ackbar" followed by an explosion. But if you watch interviews, surprisingly many Muslims don't sound too concerned about those attacks, some even celebrate them, most are just neutral like "Yea, this is just how we do it, it's our thing so it's our right.".

So let's see, we have a parallel culture building and rapidly, uncontrollably growing, of mainly Muslims who think it's pretty okay, Europeans are weak and suck, and the Sharia should be brough to Europe, because... well, fuck me, why exactly? Because the poor, so called "refuges" want to feel home, aka they want to beat their wives, want to beat up and rape infidels and maybe kill one or two here and there? Well, ok then.

Terrorism in the 21st century has a face. And that face is the religion of Islam. Take your hands off your eyes, go to the border, look at the people entering our countries. I don't see happyness to have found a save port in these faces. I see a demanding want in them, I see the will to take what they can get, and that with violence. I see the will to stay, and never return to their home countries. I see people, blind with tales of free money that are sadly enough true. I see Muslims, yes, so called Muslim "refuges" who burn down their refuge homes and make selfies in front of the burning buildings, in stylish clothes and with the latest smartphones, just because they didn't like the place. I see pictures of unpaid helpers being beaten up and molested because the poor "refuges" did not like the food they were served for free in the houses they live in for free. And all the time the media and the politic and the people to blind to open their eyes hold up the free food, free clothes and the "refuges welcome" signs, the eyes that stare at them filled not with gratitude but with furor and disgust.

In the end the religion of Islam IS Terror. It is War. It is Hate. It does not tolerate anything. It does not respect anything. it is a pest that either gets extinct, is locked away until it eats itself completely or it brings extinction. And it is on it's way to do just that.

And by god I hope Europe finds out soon enough that fighting fire with fire is sometimes the only way out. I myself am making plans to leave this godforsaken continent if no change comes around soon.

• Administrators

<snip>

Sure man.

That's a graph for number of arrests from the same publication quoted in his OP... They're literally different figures from the same paper. If you think the statistics are being misrepresented or something then maybe read or link the whole article instead of trying to misrepresent yourself...

Can be found here:

https://www.europol.europa.eu/latest_publications/37

I'm not going to say all Muslims are terrorists, but until I see a significant population of Muslims actively fighting the "extremist terrorists" from the Muslim religion, I don't buy that it's only a small percentage of them. Sure, most wouldn't carry out these attacks themselves, but most of them support the attacks.

islam is a cancer that has been destroying the world since the 7th century. polluting our own religions, destroying our cultures, and shitting on anything valuable morally. it needs to go away.

-snip-

The problem is, most muslims aren't like how you just described them. You can't tell me for certain that the majority of muslims support it. I myself am half Persian, my dad being 100%, and most muslims who live in Iran/Iraq/Syria, they have a mindset that they don't care. Most of them won't fuck with you and keep to their own business, so you don't see many speaking out. Most Muslims I met are nice and hospitable to you, but they just don't really care or bother with you.

And when you say "the christians aren't the ones murdering their own sisters...etc" that's exactly the problem. People in society believe their local news, and outlets like AP and CNN to be word, and when they advertise "muslim kills own sister for ____ acts" or something like that, people tend to label Muslims as a whole under that same category. Yes, they are doing what they think is right, like having woman wear veils or not having a predominant role in Islamic society, but that does not make them terrorists. They believe their religion works in their own way, just as a hardcore Christian believes there is one God and no man/woman should marry one of the same gender. 

And, ISIS themselves declared war on all muslims. In addition, several months ago, when ISIS was really starting to make a name in the news with the hostage situations, and the coalition airstrikes and whatnot, Iran had many martyrs sent themselves to fight in Iraq against ISIS, because they believe that ISIS offends their religion and gives it a bad name.

The point is, Muslims are not the self-conceived people who deliberately fuck with everything. You're taking a select few of that religion, and categorizing every Muslim person as that. My father is Muslim, and I can tell you 1000% that is not how any member of his family has ever acted. The media only shows the few vicious members of Islamic society, and display them as all Muslims, which you frankly seem to believe.

I'm not going to say all Muslims are terrorists, but until I see a significant population of Muslims actively fighting the "extremist terrorists" from the Muslim religion, I don't buy that it's only a small percentage of them. Sure, most wouldn't carry out these attacks themselves, but most of them support the attacks.

There is. If you call a muslim you see in public a terrorist, chances are they'll get pissed off at you. And you can't say for yourself that they aren't fighting against the portrait that the media paints them as. I myself am half persian, and have been to Iran several times. None of them like terrorism or support the attacks in any way. 

The christian hypocrites are real. Reason why muslims get blamed is due to the media. 9/11 was because of Bush. If you categorize every muslim as terrorists, that's pretty racist if you ask me. Not all of us support ISIS.

islam is a cancer that has been destroying the world since the 7th century. polluting our own religions, destroying our cultures, and shitting on anything valuable morally. it needs to go away.

They discovered algebra before christians and numbers.... sooooo

The christian hypocrites are real. Reason why muslims get blamed is due to the media. 9/11 was because of Bush. If you categorize every muslim as terrorists, that's pretty racist if you ask me. Not all of us support ISIS.

Again, not saying all Muslims are terrorists, but I've yet to see any "moderate" Muslims fight against Isis or any other Islamist extremist groups. You can say you don't support them, but until you do something about it it's just empty words.

Again, not saying all Muslims are terrorists, but I've yet to see any "moderate" Muslims fight against Isis or any other Islamist extremist groups. You can say you don't support them, but until you do something about it it's just empty words.

That is just not true, and it's no ones fault except the media. Iran has sent many martyrs (not the government...but the people sent themselves) to Iraq to help the Iraqis and Kurds fight against ISIS. Stuff like this isn't publicized in mainstream news outlets, but many muslims have fought against it. Again, many Muslims who live in the Middle East prefer to keep to themselves. They don't speak out because they frankly don't care. That's how they've been for a while now.

That is just not true, and it's no ones fault except the media. Iran has sent many martyrs (not the government...but the people sent themselves) to Iraq to help the Iraqis and Kurds fight against ISIS. Stuff like this isn't publicized in mainstream news outlets, but many muslims have fought against it. Again, many Muslims who live in the Middle East prefer to keep to themselves. They don't speak out because they frankly don't care. That's how they've been for a while now.

But if they don't care and don't speak out, don't you see why that looks bad to everyone else as their own people go around shooting or blowing up innocent people? 

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." 

However, I will concede that the US played a large role in the emergence of groups that attack us here. We have no business being in their countries, and until we leave I seriously doubt anything will change. 

Other religions though, and Islam is the prime example here, did not evolve much, or at all. It's the same spirit since thousands of years, a few examples: Women are lesser human beings than men, everyone who doesn't believe in Allah is a infidel, if you want to convert from Islam it's ok to stone/ kill you, killing infidels is nothing too bad, really, thieves lose various bodyparts...

Oh my, the Jewish ain't the one murdering their own sisters for marrying a european, the Buddhists aren't killing caricaturists, chanting in the streets, lighting up cars because they drew a picture that they don't find amusing, us Christians don't blow up people or shoot them on open street just because they pray to a different god...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzusSqcotDw

Actually, this is my thought of Terrorism.

The people are being branwashed, told that Allah will let them go to heaven if they killed enough of people.

They are told their actions are good, it's all for Allah Nuff said

tbh, i don't really wanne blame the Islam in whole, looking at the people which brainwashed them, it's more then possible that the brainwashers just want to kill, strike terror in the people their hearts.

They just wanne strike terror in the peoples hearts, look at the places the assault on paris was.

At cafes, restaurants & a concert. They want to take happiness from us, they want us to live their way, without any happiness, they want to form a Islamic State, which means they need to first strike terror in the hearts of the people.

This was my thought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/14/world/middleeast/sinjar-iraq-islamic-state.html?_r=0

Whilst Islam was spread due to violent conquest, later figures such as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulugh_Begand https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Zakariya_al-Razi contributed significantly to society. The main problem now is that places like Saudi Arabia are still stuck in the middle ages in terms of rights for women etc and this only encourages others to do the same.

weren't there kurdish women fighting isis in northern syria / turkey? Also, Europe has had a lot of stress recently: financial crisis, migrant crisis, terrorist attacks. Its a pot going to overflow. Oh and UK might be leaving too soon. All these attacks achieve is either: turns drone bombings into full scale carpet bombings. Or send in ground troops. In either case Isis will fall, to ground troops they'll fall more completely, essepcially if they go from the Iraq/Iran side, and force them into either Israel (which is certain death for Isis) or into a now Russia supported Syrian government. So a war on 2 fronts can not end well for them.

That's a graph for number of arrests from the same publication quoted in his OP... They're literally different figures from the same paper. If you think the statistics are being misrepresented or something then maybe read or link the whole article instead of trying to misrepresent yourself...

Can be found here:

https://www.europol.europa.eu/latest_publications/37

It doesn't hide the fact that terrorism can be religion based. About 150 of 550 terrorist arrests prevented 'religious' attacks. I'm just stating the fact that terrorism can has a religion, it's stupid to deny that.

But it's not just one religion. There were terrorist attacks in the name of Judaism too. Maybe the crusades can be stated as an 'act of terror'. So there's no reason to hide the fact it also happens as a result of (or as a cause for) Islam.

And don't get me wrong, people should be free to choose whatever religion they like. But whenever people lose their moral and rational way of thinking as a normal human being, those people don't have a place in this world anymore. Especially not when they're trying to persuade and/or force everyone to believe in what they believe. That's just plain wrong.

why is this still a problem, most civilised people believe that not all muslims are terrorists, instead of adressing that first, you should pray for france or something.

p.s. im muslim

The problem is, most muslims aren't like how you just described them. You can't tell me for certain that the majority of muslims support it. I myself am half Persian, my dad being 100%, and most muslims who live in Iran/Iraq/Syria, they have a mindset that they don't care. Most of them won't fuck with you and keep to their own business, so you don't see many speaking out. Most Muslims I met are nice and hospitable to you, but they just don't really care or bother with you.

And when you say "the christians aren't the ones murdering their own sisters...etc" that's exactly the problem. People in society believe their local news, and outlets like AP and CNN to be word, and when they advertise "muslim kills own sister for ____ acts" or something like that, people tend to label Muslims as a whole under that same category. Yes, they are doing what they think is right, like having woman wear veils or not having a predominant role in Islamic society, but that does not make them terrorists. They believe their religion works in their own way, just as a hardcore Christian believes there is one God and no man/woman should marry one of the same gender. 

And, ISIS themselves declared war on all muslims. In addition, several months ago, when ISIS was really starting to make a name in the news with the hostage situations, and the coalition airstrikes and whatnot, Iran had many martyrs sent themselves to fight in Iraq against ISIS, because they believe that ISIS offends their religion and gives it a bad name.

The point is, Muslims are not the self-conceived people who deliberately fuck with everything. You're taking a select few of that religion, and categorizing every Muslim person as that. My father is Muslim, and I can tell you 1000% that is not how any member of his family has ever acted. The media only shows the few vicious members of Islamic society, and display them as all Muslims, which you frankly seem to believe.

There is. If you call a muslim you see in public a terrorist, chances are they'll get pissed off at you. And you can't say for yourself that they aren't fighting against the portrait that the media paints them as. I myself am half persian, and have been to Iran several times. None of them like terrorism or support the attacks in any way. 

Maybe most Muslims aren't what I describe them as, but enough of you are, and enough of the radical Muslims come over here. And sadly, the radical Muslims are the loudest. And it is NOT ENOUGH to have the mindset to "not care". Maybe you are right, and the people that come over here are the inbred trash of your religion and society, but if that's the case keep them the hell down there.

There is no "hardcore" christians. Yes, some believe gay marriage is not good, but that does not mean they will stone and or kill a Homosexual couple. What it means is that they dislike the though of marriage between same genders because that's a holy act that should/ can result in childbirth.

I know schoolkids who get beaten up on open street by gangs, Muslim gangs, and not just a few. Every few weeks I read in the local newspaper about another Muslim who murdered or beat up his wife/ child for doing whatever. The news are filled to the brim with reports about attacks of which ethnic group against all others?

Every liberal Muslim over here I have met is a douche, with Gel in his hair, and a just as slimy smile in his face, telling me just what you do. With a soothing voice they ensure me that 90% of Muslims are totally liberal, and that the terrorists are not even Muslims. I'm not calling him a terrorist for saying that, neither do I call anyone that until he... well, becomes one. But either you are really, really dumb people, every single one of you, or you are fantastic liars. Sadly enough the terrorists do wave around the symbols of your religion, recite from your book and yell out the name of your god during their attacks you pray to a few times a day.

There is two ways of thinking that come to my mind.

Either, you are bullshitting me just like the average Muslim over here or like our own so-called liberals, telling me everything is alright while our streets burn. Closing your eyes, or lying me to the face, whatever it is, it is disgusting.

Or, second option: The Muslims are unloading their entire barrage of human trash onto Europe because you are sick of them. In which case I wonder... you Muslims have been champions of not evolving for hundreds of years, slaughtering yourself, the only reason you are not extinct is because none of you ever heard of what a condom is and you bang like rabbits it seems.

Everywhere I look, the majority of Muslims build a parallel society, unwilling to integrate, accept western standards or anything. They stay with their own, attempts for cultural exchange are rudely declined or they just result in getting beaten up. Even if not all of you think like that (which I highly doubt), I'm pretty sure the pressure of the majority is enough to take its toll. Our money is just good enough. Just like a child that has not learned better yet we lend you a hand and you take our whole arm, expecting us to accomodate to every last of your wishes when you come as immigrants in our country. 

Religious symbols of Chrstianity have been removed from most schools because Muslim teachers and students felt opressed by them. Yet we see headscarfs everywhere, Burkas even here and there. Pork has been removed from the menu in most school cafterias because of protests of muslims- Apparently our noble, muslimic guests can't eat pork, because it's from impure animals, which means that noone should.

That is two relatively harmless examples of many. The change you are bringing does not only come with terror. It come with protest, demanding words, mass immigration and again and again, more and more often with terror.

And now the news argument. Bad, bad western media making poor, poor Muslims look like the bad guys again. Well, it might do, it might over- exaggerate a bit here and there, but sadly enough most they say is true... there is enough reliable sources. "having woman wear veils or not having a predominant role in Islamic society" are you even reading your own words, take some real examples you pretentious little ****?

Here we go again. "We fight ISIS ourselves". So there is a few hundreds of your landsmen who say no to them. And then there's the other million who shrugs, turns away and lets them proceed without giving a clear statement, which makes it seem like "yea, that's ok.". Applause to the martyrs...

And your Daddy might be a super liberal man. But he is not the norm... Oh, and look, it's our old friend, western media telling lies again about poor Muslims... a bit repetitive, are we?

The portrait media "paints" of you is painted with blood, blood that you shed. Not liking terrorism and not supporting the attacks was like the million Germans in the third reich who just sat there and let it happen. Many of them may not have supported it, or liked the war. But hey, that did not do anything.

Oh look, western media argument... doesn't get boring to use, does it?

• Administrators

What world do some of you people live in? "While our streets burn" really? How many times do you think syrians have been bombed and killed in the last year, compared to the french? That it's done by governments instead of terrorist groups makes the west worse, not better. People aren't shrugging their shoulders, they're praying for those who were killed. Shame you don't have their compassion. And the millions fleeing the middle east, to get away from the very people you'd have them fight, because they are just as terrorized as the people of paris were last night? Your response is the same as if you told the average person fleeing the attacks in paris that they should stay and fight, take down the terrorists themselves. It's ridiculous. You don't expect that of the average french person, it's perfectly reasonable for them to run and leave their police and army to deal with it, so why is it any different for civilian refugees? They are terrorized by isis and demonized by you. It's exactly what isis wants. To say that these attacks are motivated by religion is, once again, lacking the nuance that is so frequently lacking on these forums... they are motivated by politics and bloodshed, religion is just the excuse, the backbone, the thing that they cling to.

http://qz.com/550104/muslims-around-the-world-condemn-terrorism-after-the-paris-attacks/

-snip-

"And your daddy" lmao

Had a really long argument then I lost it, rip.

Anyways, you seem to be awfully mad at me. Calling me a little shit, claiming shed blood. Last I checked I've never shed blood. 

You can keep thinking that Islam is the only religion that has violence, or you can actually realize that only a small section of Muslims are terrorists. I've met a great portion of Muslims, almost all who are nice. "Gel in his hair, slimy smile". Sounds awfully descriptive. So, because Muslims have a slick smile and gel their hair back they must have really shitty morals like you suggest. And from I'm hearing, every Muslim needs to care? I bet a bunch of Jewish, Buddhist, Christians, etc. don't care about any other religion. Not because they're close-minded, just because they honestly don't care. Leave them to their business, they'll leave you to yours.

And just as there are Muslim gangs in whereever you live in, there's next to none where I live. In Southern California, there's almost never news that breaks where a Muslims has "beaten someone" or "brutally attacked a child" or some shit. The majority of the time it's a random person, and I can tell you that from personal experience. And Southern California is full, and I mean full, of people from the Middle East.

The mass change you speak of-maybe Muslims wouldn't be flooding America if we didn't fuck it up in the first place. Syria was fine handling their crisis on their own before America had to escalate the situation, causing bombings everywhere, etc. etc. The situation got so bad many had to leave. It isn't their own fault that they're running to western civilizations in search of refuge-it's their only hope. Whether it be extremely corrupt governments, or situations of extreme war-they have to leave if they want to be safe. I doubt you'd ever stay in that. And if you think I'm lying to you or "closing my eyes from the real truth", you're just being overly ignorant. Perhaps you're the one who closed his eyes? You automatically characterize Muslims as a detriment to society, which is a dumb and frankly illogical thought to make.

Point is, you shouldn't make an assumption off a small sample size, and violently portray it over 95% of Muslims, which just isn't true.  But hey, if you want to stay close-minded Â¯\_(ツ)_/

weren't there kurdish women fighting isis in northern syria / turkey? Also, Europe has had a lot of stress recently: financial crisis, migrant crisis, terrorist attacks. Its a pot going to overflow. Oh and UK might be leaving too soon. All these attacks achieve is either: turns drone bombings into full scale carpet bombings. Or send in ground troops. In either case Isis will fall, to ground troops they'll fall more completely, essepcially if they go from the Iraq/Iran side, and force them into either Israel (which is certain death for Isis) or into a now Russia supported Syrian government. So a war on 2 fronts can not end well for them.

Yeah, people may or may not like Israel, but they sure can defend themselves, especially while being funded by the US. 

Archived