The Dedicated Thread about Phishing

Teeird

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting less phishing attempts now?

• Yes, I am definately getting less attemps.
    • No, it's stayed the same.
    • I'm actually getting MORE phishing attempts.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've been getting less.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've still been getting hassled by phishers just the same as before.

Steam Support: "Shhh. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting phisers"

Phisers: "Eh... What's up, steam?"

I miss looney tunes T-T

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the link to the profile that the scammer sent me to add -DONT QUOTE THE PHISHING LINK-

I know you had the intention to help the community, but, the way you put the scam link, it looked like you were helping the phisher dude

this is not the link to the scammer profile, it's the scam web site ;P you could have explained it more clearly

Now this is just starting to get ridiculous, the amount of threads created about these phishing attempts is starting to make me think the people creating them are the phishers just promoting their own scam. I get 20 of these messages a day, either from older friends who somehow fell for this and are now hacked or from recent friend requests. Almost every message is in completely broken english and the urls are even starting to look bad, the websites don't even look like steamcommunity anymore.

phishers just promoting their own scam

What's their point of attracting attention to phishing problem? The more people are aware of it, the less accounts phishers will get.

websites don't even look like steamcommunity anymore

They just didn't think of faking store.steampowered.com url yet

Unbelievably annoying. Every other time I bump my trades on OP, I get something like this happening.

It was especially frustrating when I was in a dry spell of sales and purchases. The only adds I was getting were from phishing accounts.

recently,a lot of my friends have been phished and hacked.but the most interesting one is the few friends i helped.So knowing me,i tracked most of them down via trading pages,trade offers and backpack.tf,we waited for steam support to reply.when they did reply,they said the roots of the accounts were very closely related to team vedetia.im not sure,but i think they've started another community full of phishers and scammers once again.

Are you peasants alt?

I have gotten over 5 messages like this by random people who add me. Anyone know why?

[MDKP] The Butthurting Mudkip: Hey! I cant add u from my main acc - steam laggs, i have really good offer 

:csgogun: add me please. thanks!

I have gotten over 5 messages like this by random people who add me. Anyone know why?

[MDKP] The Butthurting Mudkip: Hey! I cant add u from my main acc - steam laggs, i have really good offer 

Phishers. 

If you signed into that link then change your password right now, and de-authorize all computers.

Why in the world would you post a phishing link in a public forum? That's no less bad than what the phisher is doing himself

I've noticed recently that I've been getting some friend requests, but as I check in my friends list for them to go and accept, they instantly disappear...  this has happened several times in the past couple days (coincidence that steam trading/community has been rather broken for the past several days?) and I'm wondering if this happens to anyone else

yes, could just be people cancelling the invite, but it's happened enough times for me to be suspicious along with the conjunction with steam being rather problematic lately not helping my suspicions

I've noticed recently that I've been getting some friend requests, but as I check in my friends list for them to go and accept, they instantly disappear...  this has happened several times in the past couple days (coincidence that steam trading/community has been rather broken for the past several days?) and I'm wondering if this happens to anyone else

yes, could just be people cancelling the invite, but it's happened enough times for me to be suspicious along with the conjunction with steam being rather problematic lately not helping my suspicions

Phishers

ah well has anyone else felt an increase in the number of phishers going around lately?  I've been using outpost actively for a couple months ish now but I've only started getting targeted last weekend :X

I've receive anywhere from 10-20 phishers a day for the past four days. They are rapidly growing. The scary thing is, half of the people trying to phish my information are all people with tons of trading history...If they're able to fool them, we might all be screwed.

Archived