The Dedicated Thread about Phishing

Teeird

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting less phishing attempts now?

• Yes, I am definately getting less attemps.
    • No, it's stayed the same.
    • I'm actually getting MORE phishing attempts.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've been getting less.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've still been getting hassled by phishers just the same as before.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone from having no phishing attempts every to 3 every day over the weekend.

That MegaTrader guy was one of them.

Anyone know if these are stolen accounts or just fake accounts? One of the people who added me has about 200 untradeable dota items and over 1500 hours. Made me feel bad for reporting him in case his account and all his tradeable items had been stolen :(

I've gone from having no phishing attempts every to 3 every day over the weekend.

That MegaTrader guy was one of them.

Anyone know if these are stolen accounts or just fake accounts? One of the people who added me has about 200 untradeable dota items and over 1500 hours. Made me feel bad for reporting him in case his account and all his tradeable items had been stolen :(

Some are stolen accounts. My friend's account was hijacked and I saw another hijacked account

I doubt this will help much if at all, but I guess I can try.

With the recent surplus of phishers in TF2, I think it would be helpful if we posted phisher profile links so other users can block them and never have to worry about them. Just as soon as you get them, post their profile here and we can block them and prevent them from annoying us. Share the love

Here's some I have gotten*:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198128029289/ | http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198127941650/ | http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198128158429/

*Updated when I get more

Most phishers are innocent people that were infected and are being used as a bot until they get marked.

Unless you know the main person behind it please don't make someone's life harder by making them get items back from valve and removing a phishing mark on SteamRep.

Most phishers are innocent people that were infected and are being used as a bot until they get marked.

Well, the first links I provided are new accounts

Good lord they're not even trying anymore. I remember when the link was steamconnunity or something, at least it looked like steamcommunity, doesn't seem like they're trying anymore.

Some time ago, i didnt  get any phishing links for like a month. But now, Every time i Bumb my trade on tf2op, new phishers friend req pops up. Even every time on Bazaar.tf it happens now

I agree with Alex, when I got phished, the reason I let my guard down was because the person was my friend, and was an EXTENSIVE trader (15+ unusuals, including a burning TC), so I would have NEVER thought he would try to phish me.

Turns out he got hacked by some guy from Poland and was getting used to hack all his trading friends. You have to be careful though, he said it took him 3 days to get his account back.

Good lord they're not even trying anymore. I remember when the link was steamconnunity or something, at least it looked like steamcommunity, doesn't seem like they're trying anymore.

That's because most of the good ones have been taken by now.

• Administrators

this is as useful as trying to make a blacklist of phishing sites

it takes 10 seconds to create a new steam account for this because they automate it all anyway

it piss me off i get about 5 invites per day this phised account. i just reply fuck you and block. sad think what i believe someone answer me trade but it's phished bot

Okay there i was selling my items out of no where someone adds me. I accept. They send me a message say "My friend wants to add you click here :phish link here:. That was my first experience. I didn't click it because i use to read Backpack.tf forums to see whats new and BAM i saw people using fake links to get accounts or more. So I'm here to say Thank you Backpack.tf!

Archived