The Dedicated Thread about Phishing

Teeird

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting less phishing attempts now?

• Yes, I am definately getting less attemps.
    • No, it's stayed the same.
    • I'm actually getting MORE phishing attempts.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've been getting less.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've still been getting hassled by phishers just the same as before.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087188765/

Never tell your password to anyone.
Friday, February 28, 2014
10:47 AM - Teeird: Hello
10:47 AM - Teeird: Can I help you?
10:47 AM - Teeird: Use words
10:47 AM - Teeird: Tell me what you need :)
10:48 AM - Teeird: What do you need?
10:49 AM - BroxyLove is now Online.
10:49 AM - Teeird: What do you need
10:58 AM - BroxyLove: Hi! My friend saw your offer in the market. He wants to exchange with you. add him plz)) phish link :)

Before this phishing bot told me that, it spammed trade requests. Something new from what I've noticed about these bots. Whatever the case I didn't accept the trade request because god knows what it will do if I accepted it.

If someone adds you and says nothing but sends you a trade request, be on the side of caution and ask what they want to trade first.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blocked already, thanks.

but i'm curious if something would actually happen if you accept.

I don't wanna be the first to find out.

They're automated bots that's for sure, so it has SOME malicious trick waiting for you if you accept trade, I guarantee it.

yeah be very careful with this, random trades can make your computer explode and send all the unusuals to Gabe newells account.

With all the loopholes and insecurities built into SteamTradeâ„¢ I wouldn't be surprised if there's some new malicious line of code that allows the other party to trade your items. Afaik Zemnmez once found an exploit that allowed you to do such a thing (why he has a beams Ebenezer).

thats why I always check someones profile/outpost/steamrep when adding me

Doesn't mean anything, jacked accounts often take weeks/months to get marked. And if they're inactive on OP (which most are), they won't be banned from there.

one i me acc was stolen then i press luckly i dont lose items i get back my acc. Now i block all people who add me and say what i need to press the link

I don't wanna be the first to find out.

They're automated bots that's for sure, so it has SOME malicious trick waiting for you if you accept trade, I guarantee it.

I wonder if they will find a way to get in thro trade offers?

I wonder if they will find a way to get in thro trade offers?

Already is a way although it's not automated. They give you a link saying to download a screenshot which somehow gives them access to take over your computer when downloaded, it's like Team Viewer or something of that sort. They send a trade offer and they control it through your PC and accept.

Anyways, I once had this guy who traded me. He spoke with me normally and he bought my painted All-Father for 3 keys. Next thing you know, I tried contacting him in a few hours and he randomly sent me a phishing link. It wasn't him, he'd been phished and his account was taken. They never reply or anything. I felt kinda sad since he was a friendly guy.

With all the loopholes and insecurities built into SteamTradeâ„¢ I wouldn't be surprised if there's some new malicious line of code that allows the other party to trade your items. Afaik Zemnmez once found a bug that allowed you to do such a thing (why he has a beams Ebenezer).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190189346 <- I took this ages ago

Around 3 days ago Ive been getting a ton of phishing links somehow

the people don't add me, but somehow they manage to message me directly without me accepting/adding me whatsoever.

Im getting around 7 of these per day, and I dunno how it's happening, but the increase might be linked.

I also have to go to steam in my browser to be rid of the 7 "Unread Chat Message" notifications, which is a pain, but yeah

Be careful with everyone, My friend had his computer hacked by someone, and they took his Unusual G.fetti Whoope. They shut his router down temporarily .

Ugh I've been considering moving everything valuable onto a private alt for a while now....I might just have to follow through.

Archived