The Dedicated Thread about Phishing

Teeird

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting less phishing attempts now?

• Yes, I am definately getting less attemps.
    • No, it's stayed the same.
    • I'm actually getting MORE phishing attempts.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've been getting less.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've still been getting hassled by phishers just the same as before.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recenty i've been getting 5-6 phishers a day adding me, it's really fucking annoying.

When will they give up ;-;

Same :c

The most annoying ones are the ones that i dont even know how they message me but, I get a notification and then it says unread chat messages. When I click on it it just says unknown. So then I have to go through all the trouble to open the web browser and open the live chat to view the message and get rid of the notification

I should make a thread complaining about the people that make threads complaining about phishers. There has been at least 2 of these posts a day.

I should make a thread complaining about the people that make threads complaining about phishers. There has been at least 2 of these posts a day.

If someone took all of the items that you have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours working to get, don't you think it's slightly reasonable to complain about it?

If people are attempting to do this to you, and overall wasting your time, while essentially destroying the trading community, don't you think it's fair to complain about it?

If we don't spam threads to complain about this kind of thing, nothing will ever be done about it.

If we don't spam threads to complain about this kind of thing, nothing will ever be done about it.

We should spam Steam Support instead of backpack.tf.

We should spam Steam Support instead of backpack.tf.

Yeah. But I feel like us basically raising awareness for the issue here will lead to a lot more reports to Steam Support.

Rather than removing and blocking an attempted hijacker/phisher, why not report them?

Yeah. But I feel like us basically raising awareness for the issue here will lead to a lot more reports to Steam Support.

Rather than removing and blocking an attempted hijacker/phisher, why not report them?

Because in the time it takes Valve to ban 1 account, a phisher can hijack 20.

Report all the links you get to here: http://phishing.eset.com/report/enu

Not sure what this does but probably gets the site taken down after some time. Eventuall the phishers got to run out of options right?

Question tho: Does anyone know why it was so suddenly phishers started messaging?

It's useless!!

They are bots that connect from phished accounts,

Imagine you have been phished, a bot connect on your account and send messages, that's how it works.

If they get banned or anything and they get back their account.. It suxxxx

It's useless!!

They are bots that connect from phished accounts,

Imagine you have been phished, a bot connect on your account and send messages, that's how it works.

If they get banned or anything and they get back their account.. It suxxxx

It closes down the sites, it doesn't ban the bots. Read, don't skim smart one.

"organization targeted by phisher". what should i fill in there?

i think it means what the website is trying to copy

Is it just me or did the number of phishers explode? I see more and more of them (I get about 16 a week), even though I don't have any unusuals anymore and they keep messaging me from hijacked accounts, sometimes even without me accepting their friend requests. Anyone else have the same opinion?

http://oi61.tinypic.com/16ib4v4.jpg - honest, but rude message that I got from a phisher today. Seems absolutely legit.

Another thread? There are already 1348710274021 threads about ''Phishing increase''

Oh, so I am not the only one, heh.

I feel like blocking them does nothing, as they keep on coming. Saddest part is that people fall for these to easily D:

Archived