The Dedicated Thread about Phishing

Teeird

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting less phishing attempts now?

• Yes, I am definately getting less attemps.
    • No, it's stayed the same.
    • I'm actually getting MORE phishing attempts.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've been getting less.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've still been getting hassled by phishers just the same as before.

I told all phishers my username was :stopfuckingtrying and my password was: why do u idiots never learn 69

the idiot believed me and even came back to say it wasn't working. 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get 5-10 of these a day... It's automated and the accounts are 30 seconds to set up so reporting them is useless... just block/ignore it and continue doing what you were doing.

But if you look on the profile of the Phisher who sent you the link, you can see that they have sometime 7-8 Games and alot of playtime.I guess they got phished and the Bot is now sending Invites with that account.You you always check the Account.If they have no Games or Playtime you can report them.But if they have Games and playtime they are just victims of a Phisher.You should consider that :) I never report Victims, only the Phisher.But i delete the Victims too of course.Safe is safe^^

Most of the phisers are usually hijacked account and were made automated to add people in tf2websites and send phising links to unsuspecting people. If it isn't ,then they do it manually. A guy added me a while ago using and used steamcommuni"F"y as his phishing link. Told him it seemed "LEGIT" and after a few seconds unfriended me. 

recently,a lot of my friends have been phished and hacked.but the most interesting one is the few friends i helped.So knowing me,i tracked most of them down via trading pages,trade offers and backpack.tf,we waited for steam support to reply.when they did reply,they said the roots of the accounts were very closely related to team vedetia.im not sure,but i think they've started another community full of phishers and scammers once again.

Whats up with all these attempts to hijack me?

I'm getting like 5 phishing links every day. A few days ago I only got like one in a week.

It's that time of the year again boys.

Well..not that time...

I meant phishing time..

Not...you know..

Shush...

I noticed this too, usually before i had about 3 phishing messages a day, now i have more than 10 a day. Maybe people are more stupid and get hicjacked more this time of year

My friend got phished somehow. While he was school, all his valuable items were traded. He was not even clicked phishing links, and the phisher was not in his friend list. Scary

Hello everyone, i wanted to warn you guys that there is a new phishing sistem when someone adds you, then he sends you a message such as :  Hello my friend wants to trade with you : *steam user profile* add him.    then the page moves you to login screen and asks you to upload your ssfn file and put your username and password, DONT DO THAT BEWARE PLEASE WATCH OUT,

Here is the link to the profile that the scammer sent me to add -PLEASE DONT POST THE PHISHING LINK-

Here is the IP and stuff of the scammer  i was sent as email:

ketd2b.jpg

I guess these bots only look for traders, they must be scanning such things like tf2outpost and backpack.tf's classfield listings.

So if you post/bump more trades, more bots will add you.

Me and my Friend startet to collect Phishing Invites.Who has the most at the end of the Week, wins a Key :D

My friend got phished somehow. While he was school, all his valuable items were traded. He was not even clicked phishing links, and the phisher was not in his friend list. Scary

How is that possible? Can you ask him, because i would like to know why that was able to happen. 

Archived