The Dedicated Thread about Phishing

Teeird

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting less phishing attempts now?

• Yes, I am definately getting less attemps.
    • No, it's stayed the same.
    • I'm actually getting MORE phishing attempts.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've been getting less.
    • I don't trade, but my friend(s) said they've still been getting hassled by phishers just the same as before.

I feel like blocking them does nothing, as they keep on coming. Saddest part is that people fall for these to easily D:

Blocking keeps them away from adding you twice.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes when I bump my trades on TF2OP, I get friend requests nearly right away. After I accept them, they always say something like "hi, my friend _____ wants to add you (insert link)". Why do I keep getting this? 

Also, I didn't know which forum I was suppose to post this in, so I just posted it here.

I spam the accept button before it disappears and watch the messages flow in. I find it hilarious.

i get them too. but i get them so much more than before. there are at least 6 people that try to phish me each day

Outpost screwed up phishers so they have to add you and try there.

Now up to steam to give a warning mark to links to fake steam websites.

There are loads of threads about this and yeah, it's been happening for a while but I have no idea why

So I've been posting on TF2 Outpost for the past few days.

Everytime I get a friend request it shows up people like this:

c4h81cp.png

So I'm guessing the link (as you can see isn't spelled correctly) leads to some virus site?

And it's starting to piss me off.

Anyone else facing this problem on trading sites?

O.o Excatly these both Guys added me a few Minutes ago.And he posted his links twice too, like on your Screenshot :D

O.o Excatly these both Guys added me a few Minutes ago.And he posted his links twice too, like on your Screenshot :D

omg i got the same to

That Sexmachine bot sent me like 5 exact same messages in a row, and 1 more message after I've deleted him

[unassigned] bot just added me, sent absolutely nothing and deleted me

They're acting weird these days

I've stopped reporting phishers, I instantly block them. It's just too much to take a screenshot everytime and send it to Steam.  :mellow:

What happened with Phishers these days?

I miss the old times, where real human added you,discussed and talked with you...yes,sometimes they also made jokes.Then they sent their Phishing Links.You insulted them then for their try or just deleted them.And they answered.They were humans...

And today?

Today you´re getting Bot-Invites every time you bump a Outpost Trade.And if you accept them,they send you a really boring,always same Text.You can´t even insult them anymore or discuss with them why they´re doing it.And the worst thing is:The Phisher Bots using phished and hijacked Accounts to add you.The old Phishers used their only Account and didn´t hurt anyone before their Phishing-Try.I´m not saying I like Phisher and Hijacker,but where is the Thrill?

And I want to know:Does anyone shares my opinion?

Archived