The growing concern with the future of the site; the absence of the Site Dev and overall inactivity of Admins/Moderators.

šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„

1 hour ago, Ā« SɱokEy Ā» said:

With all that said, I want to point out if no more valid suggestions are being made and if you guys only want to talk about sin and his promotionĀ or if he lied or whatever else relating to thisĀ I will be closing this thread.

Closing the thread is only running away from the problem

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Offline said:

Closing the thread is only running away from the problem

No one is running away from anything. I was very clear with my point, Sin will stay as admin and that is never changing, I don't see the point in people talking about this anymore.
Ā if you guys are't gonna discuses about the site's issues and if no one wants to make any more suggestions to improve the siteĀ there is no point in keeping this open. Which was the main goal of this thread.

this very quickly developed itself from admins/mods lacking communication with their community to how often admins/mods play vidya to how and why sin became an admin

Ā 

excellent discussion lmfao

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ā« SɱokEy Ā» said:

No one is running away from anything. I was very clear with my point, Sin will stay as admin and that is never changing, I don't see the point in people talking about this anymore.
Ā if you guys are't gonna discuses about the site's issues and if no one wants to make any more suggestions to improve the siteĀ there is no point in keeping this open. Which was the main goal of this thread.

Ā 

I mean, sorry smokey but you can't just say things like this dude.

Sin is an admin at my discretion and if he sucks I'll remove him, but I gave it to him because I trust his judgement and leadership skills more than any other mod.

Everybody makes mistakes and does stupid things sometimes, literally all of us, what matters is underlying judgement and how you respond when someone brings your mistakes to your attention - your capacity to learn and grow from them.

There's no forever in anything.

And procave's mod app isn't declined "forever" either, as people keep banding repeatedly, it was closedĀ for nowĀ based on a mod vote. Some people wanted to give him a chance, some aren't convinced yet. That doesn't mean never by any means.

You guys need to relax a bit and try to communicate in a less hostile way if you want to get anywhere.Ā 

We all love this site and community, we should be working together not against each other.

You're frustrated about mod actions and activity.

We're frustrated about dev/owner actions and activity.

We all want this site to be better and we all get frustrated sometimes.

Can we all please try to remember that

9 hours ago, Ā« SɱokEy Ā» said:

You are still deviating from the topic of this thread

I made this thread? That means i know what its for. Its for discussing issues with the site. Promoting a controversial mod to admin is a very valid issue, when at the same time youre hypocritically denying Procaves mod application.

Ā 

Ā 

just blaming sin on incidents in the past

Ā 

but we cannot change the past now

Ā 

He is free to re-apply after a few months

Yes, and you better give him a chance then instead of declining his app hypocritically.

Ā 

Ā 

its funny how only you and 2-3 others have issues with his promotion when over 4800 people have viewed this thread no one else has anything to say!

You do realise that those are simply anonymous users etc? Its funny how only a fraction of the 4800+ people have hadĀ anythingĀ to say! - Right back at you.

Ā 

he is admin now deal with and its not going to change

You don't realise how scummy this is do you huh... Well, let me demonstrate:Ā We don't agree that he is the best option to choose an admin from and we will not stop making our voices being heard, now deal with it.Ā - What if i was acting like that? Not very mature, innit. How i instead am acting is acknowledging, multiple times in this thread, thats we may aswell give sin a chance, why shouldn't we.Ā However you better stop the immaturity of your responses, @Ā« SɱokEy Ā»Ā and mods better not hypocritically decline Procaves next application, whenever it be, while simultaneouslyĀ saying stuff like whatĀ ive quoted here and from Smokey's previous response(s) and stuff like the unbelievably shameful:

he is admin now deal with and its not going to change.

Ā 

Ā 

Please suggest ways on how we can improve and also give examples of outdated things, it could only be a dev fix but still if there is something staff can do to fix we will look into it

How do you think we should go about this, btw, should we make a mega thread for reporting bugs and feature ideas? Cause all of those reported so far have just gone missing in the #bug-reports-and-ideas channel.

Ā 

Staff applications are open they always have been, we are looking for new report mods price mods and comm mods, having new staff should boost the activity yes!

Yeah, but we need to do the stuff to attract people into the community, sort of. Woifi mentioned that "i guess we could do a "Apply here", which wouldn't be the best solution", but it would make people more aware that bp.tf is very much welcomingĀ activeĀ community members to considerĀ applying for a position in the staff more.Ā Also, suggesting incentive falls under the "attract people into the community" category too: we need more ideas like these, basically.

Ā 

Ā 

With all that said, I want to point out if no more valid suggestions are being made and if you guys only want to talk about sin and his promotionĀ or if he lied or whatever else relating to thisĀ I will be closing this thread.

Why are you trying to censor us?Ā @Teeny Tiny CatĀ @ѕĪ¹ŠøĀ @į“¾į“¾į“¹ Shuffle SpyĀ @FishtheFishĀ @ErikĀ @A Delicious CashewĀ Do any of you even know what @Ā« SɱokEy Ā»Ā is saying here rn or do any of you even approve the way he is going about this?!? He can't close a thread done by ME, where I saidĀ 

I made this thread? That means i know what its for. Its for discussing issues with the site. Promoting a controversial mod to admin is a very valid issue, when at the same time youre hypocritically denying Procaves mod application.

Ā 

AndĀ @Ā« SɱokEy Ā»Ā you also seem to be misunderstanding something here with the

if you guys only want to talk about sin and his promotionĀ or if he lied

All im doing is making responses toĀ yourĀ bold responses. Ive already said multiple times,

tr1Geft.png

Now,Ā while i can, and WILL shut up about sin's promotion, i will not take hypocrisyĀ and injustice, which is why i very strongly andĀ continuously bring out the point i also brought out in bold text in this screenshot.

Ā 

And please, Smokey, do not misunderstand me any further and do not close this thread.

Ā 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the ping, Teeny, i didn't read the 8th page before posting my response: youre already well aware. >.<

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

And procave's mod app isn't declined "forever" either, as people keep banding repeatedly, it was closedĀ for nowĀ based on a mod vote. Some people wanted to give him a chance, some aren't convinced yet. That doesn't mean never by any means.

Im am very hopeful now, thank you. And assuming Smokey has stopped now, i will stop my "that style of"Ā responsesĀ too and go back to the old me, the:

communicate in a less hostile way

me.

On 6/19/2020 at 7:25 PM, Payback said:

Ā 

1. Why was sin made admin to address the problem of inactivity when he said an hour before he was promoted that he has recently been inactive?

Ā 

2. Why are forums dead, despite community mods' job as part of the community moderation requirements is to moderate forumsĀ 

Ā 

3. Why are standards for moderators so high? No wonder moderators are getting burned out, there's literally no one to pick up the slack besides the same people who have been doing the same things for years, it was one of my aspirations for 20+ months and I was repeatedly told that I would never live up to the likes of old suggesters instead of encouraged to be better and apply

Ā 

4.Ā What are you doing about staff inactivity? How do you approach inactivity in report/price moderators besides leaving it alone?

Ā 

@Teeny Tiny Cat

Ā 

still waiting on these to be answered tbh

Ā 

On 6/20/2020 at 2:09 AM, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Wait so why is the "several years" completelyĀ for naught?

Hmm, iĀ suppose im still curious about the details here aswell. This one is also a @ Teeny Tiny Cat, however sinceĀ she was already just pinged, imma leave the unofficial ping here!

• Administrators
On 6/20/2020 at 12:25 AM, Payback said:

Ā 

1. Why was sin made admin to address the problem of inactivity when he said an hour before he was promoted that he has recently been inactive?

Ā 

2. Why are forums dead, despite community mods' job as part of the community moderation requirements is to moderate forumsĀ 

Ā 

3. Why are standards for moderators so high? No wonder moderators are getting burned out, there's literally no one to pick up the slack besides the same people who have been doing the same things for years, it was one of my aspirations for 20+ months and I was repeatedly told that I would never live up to the likes of old suggesters instead of encouraged to be better and apply

Ā 

4.Ā What are you doing about staff inactivity? How do you approach inactivity in report/price moderators besides leaving it alone?

Ā 

@Teeny Tiny Cat

Ā 

1. I have answered this in other posts but ok... because almost all the staff have periods of inactivity, so does everybody. Some staff are super insanely active yes, but those staff have other issues that mean I wouldn't necessarily trust them to take on my role. The most important thing is that I trust their judgement and think they can do what I specifically do, not just what an admin does, and I don't think y'all realise how much I actually do under normal circumstances. Regardless, if he's entirely inactive he won't keep the role and I'll have to rethink, but he has told me he will be able to be more active than I am so given that he's the only person I trust for the job in other respects, I am giving him a chance over doing nothing. I get why you're concerned, and it's why I never made anyone else admin before now, but you're right that no candidate is perfect and I just need to take a chance on someone over just doing nothing, so that is what I am doing.

Ā 

2. Because forums are a dead medium and everything moved to discord. That's reality everywhere. Mods should at least be answering info-query threads and the like though, and they are aware of that now.

Ā 

3. Standards are high because you're making judgements that affect an entire trading economy, so if your judgement is poor you're gonna fuck a lot of shit up.Ā 

Ā 

4. I'm not doing anything about staff inactivity currently, as I am taking a break from the site. I have made this clear. You are welcome to direct this question at Sin.

6 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Ā 

Ā 

4. I'm not doing anything about staff inactivity currently, as I am taking a break from the site. I have made this clear. You are welcome to direct this question at Sin.

How are we supposed to direct questions at sin when sin ignores stuff like thisĀ 

Ā 

ā€œ

This thread has ranged from non answers (seeing a lot of ā€œI canā€™t really answer that to some of the tough questions) to lies to save face (sin, do you want me to post the DMs I have with teeny about how you had me blocked after muting me and how she had to getĀ you to unblock me despite being apparently overburdened?) to people asking if they can also be mod. Like I said, when people are promoted without anybody to hold them accountable I guess they can say whatever they Ā want and ban whoever they please. With that in mind coupled with how many legitimately good suggestions and valid criticisms have been ignored thus far in this thread, Iā€™m not optimistic.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: Here's confirmation of that by the way fromĀ @Teeny Tiny CatĀ . Kind of unprofessional for you to lie about that in the public thread when I had screenshots, but you're already admin sin, so like I said, who is there to stop you from abusing said power now?Ā https://gyazo.com/250cef3d58049401e2b4e038eba2dc59

ā€œ

Ā 

Where he got caught lying in one of the few things he actually responded to? I pinged YOU in that one as well and nobody responded to that besides Smokey saying we should just accept that he made a ā€œmistakeā€ despite the fact that sin still hasnā€™t even acknowledged he did it. Why does this just feel like damage control for sins benefit? Sin isnā€™t even here anymore, how can you say ā€œdirect questions to sinā€ when he blocks or ignores everybody he doesnā€™t want to talk to?

• Administrators

I mean, I assume Sin just forgot, since the thing you're referring to is like 4 months old and he seemed to think you meant since your ban, but who knows. Can't really speak for him. I don't think he's been online since then, maybe give him a chance to wake up and read it? I talked to him about it at the time and made it clear that it's not okay to block people you've taken mod actions against, they need to be able to approach you about those actions. He accepted it and as far as I know has not done it since, so it is not an issue for me.

10 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I mean, I assume Sin just forgot, since the thing you're referring to is like 4 months old and he seemed to think you meant since your ban, but who knows. Can't really speak for him. I don't think he's been online since then, maybe give him a chance to wake up and read it?

ā€œIā€™veĀ not had youĀ blocked within the past 3-4 weeks (and longer ofc);ā€

Ā 

i know im not ā€œhip with itā€ but Iā€™m pretty sure that means ā€œof courseā€; youā€™d think youā€™d remember being told to unblock someone by your superior. If he hasnā€™t been online since then how much time is he devoting to his new admin position like he said he was?

Ā 

interesting that you have been able to answer more questions in this thread than the admin taking over due to yourĀ business; hereā€™s another question for you not for sin;

Ā 

1. You said in the dm I posted you didnā€™t think mods should be blocking people; do you think that kind of behavior is becoming of an admin?

• Administrators

I don't think it's becoming of anyone, but as I said... I told him that, he fully accepted it, and as far as I know he hasn't done it since then. So what is the issue?

35 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I don't think it's becoming of anyone, but as I said... I told him that, he fully accepted it, and as far as I know he hasn't done it since then. So what is the issue?

Him lying about the fact that he did it and refusing to acknowledge the contrary evidence? If heā€™s an admin who has to take responsibility for his actions why are you the one asking if thereā€™s an issue? The issue is quite prominent which is why I first asked him (but then got ghosted, so letā€™s see if he responds at all or his content to let the overburdened staff heā€™s replacing fight his battles for him until heā€™s satisfied that this has blown over)

Ā 

On 6/20/2020 at 2:09 AM, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Wait so why is the "several years" completelyĀ for naught?

4 hours ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Hmm, iĀ suppose im still curious about the details here aswell. This one is also a @ Teeny Tiny Cat, however sinceĀ she was already just pinged, imma leave the unofficial ping here!

Ā 

Okay, i guess i shouldve made that a real ping then afterall, idk XD @Teeny Tiny Cat

Ā 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Okay, i guess i shouldve made that a real ping then afterall, idk XD @Teeny Tiny Cat

Ā 

Ā 

I don't know? Because owners bought the site for the data and don't give a fuck? What you want me to fucking say, ask Geel why he hasn't done it, not me.Ā 

20 hours ago, HarryG said:

Where is sin's response? This is the most important accusation of the entire thread and he and every other staff member have been predictably quiet about itĀ 

Ā 

Apologies, I was out of the house most of yesterday so I never got the time to sit down properly and respond.

On 6/20/2020 at 12:24 PM, HarryG said:

This thread has ranged from non answers (seeing a lot of ā€œI canā€™t really answer that to some of the tough questions) to lies to save face (sin, do you want me to post the DMs I have with teeny about how you had me blocked after muting me and how she had to getĀ you to unblock me despite being apparently overburdened?) to people asking if they can also be mod. Like I said, when people are promoted without anybody to hold them accountable I guess they can say whatever they Ā want and ban whoever they please. With that in mind coupled with how many legitimately good suggestions and valid criticisms have been ignored thus far in this thread, Iā€™m not optimistic.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: Here's confirmation of that by the way from @Teeny Tiny CatĀ . Kind of unprofessional for you to lie about that in the public thread when I had screenshots, but you're already admin sin, so like I said, who is there to stop you from abusing said power now?Ā https://gyazo.com/250cef3d58049401e2b4e038eba2dc59

Ā 

On 6/19/2020 at 7:56 PM, HarryG said:

4. How can someone who claims they are always available to answer questions claim this when as recently as three weeksĀ ago I had to contactĀ the (inactive, yet still more capable of responding than you were) adminĀ to get you to unblock me because you purposefully made yourself impossible to reach after muting me on discord without giving any reason as to why (you had also claimed before this that anybody was free to contact you about mutes you gave out).Ā 

Ā 

I'm confused because the situations you're bringing up happened at different times. Back in February (which I honestly thought happened earlier than then, so that's my fault), I did have you blocked and whenever I muted you back then you were unable to contact me to ask me about it; I'm not denying that. Teeny told me to unblock you because it wouldn't make any sense for me to help with comm mod duties if users weren't able to contact me if they had issues with what happened. I agree that it was wrong, and I'm sorry that I did it. Since then, and even now, I haven't had you blocked on Discord.

Ā 

Now, 3-4 weeks ago whenever you were banned from the discord? I never had you blocked. You were unable to DM me because we didn't share any servers together, and on top of that I never received a friend request from you on Discord or Steam so I think it's a bit unfair to pin the blame on me there. Even now, I don't have you blocked on Discord or Steam.

Ā 

So yeah, I was confused on what instance you were referring to. I thought you were referring to 3-4 weeks ago whenever you got banned, and as I've said I didn't have you blocked on either Discord orĀ Steam. Back in February? I did. It was wrong of me to do so and I'm sorry I did it.

What you want me to fucking say

Chillll, you literally, while could've been in more detail,Ā just said what i wanted to hear: an answer:

I don't know

Ā 

• Administrators

Sorry, I'm just getting quite sick of being the person blame is dumped at the door of for literally everything, over the owners and PAID DEVELOPER who are inactive. I have worked tirelessly for this website for literal years. Give me a break.

1 hour ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Sorry, I'm just getting quite sick of being the person blame is dumped at the door of for literally everything, over the owners and PAID DEVELOPER who are inactive. I have worked tirelessly for this website for literal years. Give me a break.

Much of the blame is on the staff though. There are a handful of things that are on the owners and developer, but there is undeniably a ton of fault on the staff here and the general reaction as opposed to actually fixing things is to get incredibly defensive/hostile and/or make it someone else's problem (both things seem to have occurred here). The staff are NOT the victims here; if anything, literally every member of the community EXCEPT the staff are if you ask meĀ 

Ā 

3 hours ago, ѕĪ¹Šø said:

Ā 

Apologies, I was out of the house most of yesterday so I never got the time to sit down properly and respond.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm confused because the situations you're bringing up happened at different times. Back in February (which I honestly thought happened earlier than then, so that's my fault), I did have you blocked and whenever I muted you back then you were unable to contact me to ask me about it; I'm not denying that. Teeny told me to unblock you because it wouldn't make any sense for me to help with comm mod duties if users weren't able to contact me if they had issues with what happened. I agree that it was wrong, and I'm sorry that I did it. Since then, and even now, I haven't had you blocked on Discord.

Ā 

Now, 3-4 weeks ago whenever you were banned from the discord? I never had you blocked. You were unable to DM me because we didn't share any servers together, and on top of that I never received a friend request from you on Discord or Steam so I think it's a bit unfair to pin the blame on me there. Even now, I don't have you blocked on Discord or Steam.

Ā 

So yeah, I was confused on what instance you were referring to. I thought you were referring to 3-4 weeks ago whenever you got banned, and as I've said I didn't have you blocked on either Discord orĀ Steam. Back in February? I did. It was wrong of me to do so and I'm sorry I did it.

Thanks for apologizing for this now that there was a screenshot proving that you were lying and after lying and abandoning the thread, that was a classy move. I never said you had me blocked on Discord recently, and I feel like my earliest message was pretty concisely worded, but thanks for trying to make your erroneous actions seem like my fault by saying it was my fault for wording my accusations incorrectly. This is the kind of stuff that leaves me very pessimistic

for the future of backpack, not to mention like I said that sin is somehow still less active than teeny in this thread DESPITE BEING THE ADMIN APPARENTLY PROMOTED TO TAKE OVER FOR TEENY??!??!Ā 

Ā 

All in all, considering the pretty lackluster responses (especially from sin who if anything should be fielding every question here as opposed to what he did which was become admin and then disappear for 24 hours), maybe people should stop complaining about the way backpack runs if they don't want even more questionable promotions to occurĀ 

• Administrators

Nobody is any kind of victim, it's a website about trading. Get some perspective.

22 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Nobody is any kind of victim, it's a website about trading. Get some perspective.

I agree that nobody is a victim, that's why in my response I was implying that the staff were playing the victim. Interesting way to flip the script though on that one as well as ignore the entire rest of my post, lol. I just think people should accept blame where blame needs to be accepted instead of flipping the script on others and/or lashing out at them like you and smokey have done in this threadĀ 

• Administrators

I have accepted responsibility for many things in here, but I don't owe any of you my time particularly when I have devoted countless hours over several years. I am allowed to take a break, and I don't really care if you understand that or not.

1 hour ago, HarryG said:

as opposed to actually fixing things

Meh, at the end of the day, its too early to judge. The acknowledgement from the mods has been a bigger majority than the few members not being fully transparent. I think the discussionĀ is definitely at the stage to be, from now on,Ā mostly giving ideas on what and how to improve the situation.

Ā 

• Acknowledgement from the mods that have commented on this post and them trying to be more activeĀ is āœ”ļø
  • sin situation will resolve itself: either he proves himself or he doesn't and loses the promotion, thats āœ”ļø
  • It seems all hope is not lost with people's (like Procave) applications being declined for seemingly hypocritical reasons,Ā the particular person i brought outĀ may still have a chance!Ā Thats a āœ”ļø
  • The strongest ideas suggested rn, price suggesting incentive (which would presumably get more new suggesters on board and possibly bring back some old, retired ones)Ā and getting a new Dev on board (would fix tons of bugs and start off site development by adding in a couple of neat features, that have been requested)Ā has been confirmed to be worked on (Only time will tell us how it goes.Ā Best of luck to the staff team and im full on fingers crossed that you succeed!), thats āœ”ļø
  • I don't exactly know what the people and Mods think about adding a clearer way to show that bp.tf is looking to add on members to the staff; a "Apply here" (example by Woifi) or something, however we still need some more effective ideas of encouraging og community members to try and apply for some sort of mod position.

Ā 

Now what we need is more ideas on how to improve the brought out issues; Plan B's, call them, aswell asĀ whether or notĀ there are more issues some people know of/have noticedĀ that haven't been discussed at all or have been barely.

• Administrators

I don't have much to add regarding the main issues posed in this thread, since I feel they have been addressed enough times, but I'll at least pose my thoughts on how this thread's conversation has transpired.

Ā 

8 minutes ago, HarryG said:

Thanks for apologizing for this now that there was a screenshot proving that you were lying and after lying and abandoning the thread, that was a classy move.

Ā 

3 hours ago, ѕĪ¹Šø said:

Not messaging for a day doesn't mean Sin abandoned the thread.

Ā 

Ā 

9 minutes ago, HarryG said:

Thanks for apologizing for this now that there was a screenshot proving that you were lying and after lying and abandoning the thread, that was a classy move.

Ā 

Ā On 6/19/2020 at 10:13 PM, ѕĪ¹Šø said:

4. I've not had you blocked within the past 3-4 weeks (and longer ofc); it was likely bc we didn't share servers anymore which led to you being unable to contact me. In addition, I also never received a friend request from you on Discord or Steam so I've not got much else to say here.

Ā 

3 hours ago, ѕĪ¹Šø said:

At no point did Sin say he never blocked you. He apologized, in his most recent post, for not realizing you meant the mute in February as opposed to the Discord ban, at which point you had also tried unsuccessfully to message sin to inquire about the ban reason (this time, due to the lack of shared servers between you).

Ā 

Ā 

28 minutes ago, HarryG said:

All in all, considering the pretty lackluster responses (especially from sin who if anything should be fielding every question here as opposed to what he did which was become admin and then disappear for 24 hours), maybe people should stop complaining about the way backpack runs if they don't want even more questionable promotions to occurĀ 

Sin can't both respond to every question here and actually perform the duties he has said he will do (handle reports, motivate, ensure accountability, etc.) to create the change that this thread was meant to inspire.

Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, HarryG said:

I just think people should accept blame where blame needs to be accepted

Several of the moderators/admins have admitted to the blame that resides on them for their inactivity or hostility in communication:

On 6/19/2020 at 10:20 AM, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I've definitely been slacking big time

On 6/19/2020 at 11:30 AM, Mindacos said:

When I talk in either discord or price suggestions(moreso the former) with experienced suggestors like you I tend to try and joke to get a laugh or two out of people or to try and liven up the mood a little bit. But I admit that I went too far with this, and my intention wasn't meant to be hostile towards you, and I suppose anyone else for that matter. I'm sorry for what I said there. Even though sometimes it looks like I take people's work for granted, that's definitely not the case...
I'm sorry for any distress that I may have caused you by saying that. Keep up the good work in your suggestions buddy!

On 6/19/2020 at 2:55 PM, FishtheFish said:

I'm sorry if this came across as offensive or insensitive but nobody's jokes were intended to devalue the suggestions themselves or decrease anyone's morale.

On 6/19/2020 at 5:30 PM, ѕĪ¹Šø said:

It might have been unnecessary to go into this much detail but after reading this thread I felt the need to be as transparent as possible. Handling endless amounts of reports, price suggestions, hell even making the suggestions yourself, burns you out at varying rates and I just really needed a break. I do, however, agree with a lot of the criticisms everyone has been voicing and I personally think I can do better.

On 6/20/2020 at 2:37 AM, Ā« SɱokEy Ā» said:

1st of all I will accept I am not really active on the forums yes!

On 6/20/2020 at 7:42 PM, Foamy the Fearsome said:

My own activity has been very inconsistentĀ ranging from spending full days to not handlingĀ any suggestionsĀ for a few weeks/months. Recently its been the latter for me. I still help through DMs/questions and join moderator discussions about controversial cases or uncertain suggestions, but havent sat down to cut the backlog in a while.

So understandably, repeated accusations of not owning up to due blame, a lack of care for the site, lying/abandoning, etc. are likely to cause lashing out (not necessarily playing the victim). If the moderators/admins who spend their time to keep this site running didn't care to see it continue, they wouldn't have commented to apologize/communicate with the users of this site or bothered to continue providing for the site.

Ā 

I'm sorry that the lack of developer updates, staff inactivity, and communication has caused this scale of a problem in the community. I know the "we've asked but gotten nothing" response may seem like a cop-out, but that's truly what's been happening. For what we as pricing/report/community moderators can control, I think I can speak for all of us in saying that we're going to try our hardest to rectify the problem. Erik's launching another suggestion mini-event, sin's promotion (prior issues aside; I'm focusing solely on his ability to perform his site duties) should greatly aid in the handle of report backlog and ensuring staff inactivity doesn't become a problem again, and we will do more as time goes on to hopefully prevent these issues from being such a big issue in the future.

Archived