The growing concern with the future of the site; the absence of the Site Dev and overall inactivity of Admins/Moderators.

šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„

16 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Yeah, but gaming is addictive and makes you put more time into it, than going outside... This is very much the place for this. We are discussing the inactivity of the site staff (mostly caused by being busy irl, completely understandable) and are trying (mods have agreed so) to make the current staff more active, while also planning on how to possibly get more new blood in. That being said, if a staff member spends too much time gaming, there is a clear issue.

The staff are all adults and volunteers, I'm not monitoring how much time someone plays games and tell them "Hey you already played 1 hour, time to go outside!". I'm not their mum. Nor are you.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Payback said:

to demanding people's mod applications get reviewed and questioning how people spend their free time

How can such simple points be missed, im lost... From what it sounded like, Procave's application was declined for no apparent reason, yet Woifi and a few other staff members have continuously said that any mod applications are welcome in response to the new blood point, when it was made. Im not questioning how the staff spends theirĀ entireĀ free time, im questioning how big of a % of it is gaming alone. Stop trying to stirĀ up invalid drama. With that question, im only looking for an outcome ofĀ the best intentions.

29 minutes ago, Woifi The Viking said:

The staff are all adults and volunteers, I'm not monitoring how much time someone plays games and tell them "Hey you already played 1 hour, time to go outside!". I'm not their mum. Nor are you.

Youre missing the point,Ā 

16 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Im not questioning how the staff spends theirĀ entireĀ free time, im questioning how big of a % of it is gaming alone

if someone for example has 10 hours of free time and they spend 6 on gaming and the little 4 that was left from all of the rest going into gaming they spend on going outside, then sry but... As a volunteer adult staff member, you chose this position, you applied to it, you should keep a respectable (if your free time is 2 hours, then like 5 min of work on site (lol))Ā small portion of your free time to work on the site.Ā Now, don't misunderstand me. All i wan't to know isĀ how big of a % of your free timeĀ is gaming alone; and i don't expect every mod i pinged to answer this question, only the mods who have already been transparent. They say there is no harm in asking a question, i very much believe that. You've never been on that list, Woifi, so you can keep avoiding the question, thats fine.Ā End of discussion, i won't bother you personally no more.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Oh, something else i completely forgot about and am curious about. @Teeny Tiny CatĀ @Ā« SɱokEy Ā»Ā @ѕĪ¹ŠøĀ @į“¾į“¾į“¹ Shuffle SpyĀ @MindacosĀ @FishtheFishĀ @ErikĀ @A Delicious CashewĀ @Woifi The VikingĀ How many hours per day or like how often do you play games?

Ā 

44 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Yeah, but gaming is addictive and makes you put more time into it, than going outside... This is very much the place for this. We are discussing the inactivity of the site staff (mostly caused by being busy irl, completely understandable) and are trying (mods have agreed so) to make the current staff more active, while also planning on how to possibly get more new blood in. That being said, if a staff member spends too much time gaming, there is a clear issue.

Ā 

This is fairly invasive and inappropriate.Ā I have no immediate plans to be more active and have made that quite clear. It's important for me to focus on my own wellbeing right now. If I choose to do that by zoning out playing games or going for a walk, the result is the same.

Ā 

7 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Youre missing the point,Ā 

if someone for example has 10 hours of free time and they spend 6 on gaming and the little 4 that was left from all of the rest going into gaming they spend on going outside, then sry but... As a volunteer adult staff member, you chose this position, you applied to it, you should keep a respectable (if your free time is 2 hours, then like 5 min of work on site (lol))Ā small portion of your free time to work on the site.Ā Now, don't misunderstand me. All i wan't to know isĀ how big of a % of your free timeĀ is gaming alone; and i don't expect every mod i pinged to answer this question, only the mods who have already been transparent. You've never been on that list, Woifi, so you can keep avoiding the question, thats fine.Ā End of discussion, i won't bother you personally no more.

Ā 

No staff here owe you their time, they are volunteers and absolutely should put their real lives first same as any suggester should. Please try to remember that.Ā 

Ā 

On mod apps...Ā Yes, as always, more staff would be lovely, but... just because people apply doesn't mean they're qualified or suitable, and in a website for an old game with a diminishing playerbase, our options are a little limited.Ā 

Ā 

27 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

This is fairly invasive and inappropriate.

Ā 

37 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

They say there is no harm in asking a question, i very much believe that.

Ā 

It's important for me to focus on my own wellbeing right now. If I choose to do that by zoning out playing games or going for a walk, the result is the same.

Yeah, you are very much right that i should not have pinged you. My focus is planned more on mods that don't have seriously and i mean seriously busy lives to a point where they cant

37 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

you should keep a respectable (if your free time is 2 hours, then like 5 min of work on site (lol))Ā small portion of your free time to work on the site.

cause they don't have aĀ healthierĀ amount of free time.

Ā 

No staff here owe you their time, they are volunteers and absolutely should put their real lives first same as any suggester should. Please try to remember that.

Yeah, but im talking about free time and the fact is that ultimately a staff member uses their free time to work on the site.

Ā 

doesn't mean they're qualified or suitable

Yes, which is what im trying to clear up and understand by pinging sin and having a more in-depth discussion as to why Procave's application wasĀ declined permanently.

54 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Yes, which is what im trying to clear up and understand by pinging sin and having a more in-depth discussion as to why Procave's application wasĀ declined permanently.

I don't know why there is so much talk about pro-cave's app! I think was clear in sin's comment in the app. That it was discussed with everyone and it was a mutual decision between staffĀ to decline thatĀ application.

I am not sure why you all see it as it was sin's decision? was itĀ it because he posted the comment? - Every application is discussed between staff and then "Someone" (either admin or mod) will comment at the end. If you want to know in detail why it was declined,Ā sure please do contact sin or teeny or any other community mods

now please don't come asking why every other app was declined. Reasons were clearly stated on each application.

and

Ā Ā 

You say this

3 hours ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:
9 hours ago, Ā« SɱokEy Ā» said:

You cannot expect people to prioritize the site over real life / health / family.

Yes, if you've been reading...

and then you go on and say this?

I believe you that the backlogs will get better,

if you do then you shouldn't be looking into what staff do or used to do in the past?Ā 

Ā 

54 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Yeah, but im talking about free time and the fact that ultimately a staff member uses their free time to work on the site.

As teeny said we dont owe our free time to anyone but ourselves, everyone does. I already told you the backlogs will be dealt with soon, you don'tĀ have to make a fuss about staff playing games?Ā  I cant speak for other staff but I play games 2-3Ā hoursĀ every-night after work to ease of my mind from the exhausting office shit everyday and I only focus on reports on weekends now a days but that will change not immediately but soon.

Ā 

staff's inactivityĀ did not start with the pandemic.

Ā Ā It did not but it just increased more with the pandemic.

Ā 

I feel like the thread has gone from addressing some valid concernsĀ to just complaining and nitpicking things from staff replies.Ā 
I am not going to be responding to this any further unless valid points relating to this thread's topic is made, if we are going off topic you all are free to discuss them.

Ā 

This thread has ranged from non answers (seeing a lot of ā€œI canā€™t really answer that to some of the tough questions) to lies to save face (sin, do you want me to post the DMs I have with teeny about how you had me blocked after muting me and how she had to getĀ you to unblock me despite being apparently overburdened?) to people asking if they can also be mod. Like I said, when people are promoted without anybody to hold them accountable I guess they can say whatever they Ā want and ban whoever they please. With that in mind coupled with how many legitimately good suggestions and valid criticisms have been ignored thus far in this thread, Iā€™m not optimistic.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: Here's confirmation of that by the way from @Teeny Tiny CatĀ . Kind of unprofessional for you to lie about that in the public thread when I had screenshots, but you're already admin sin, so like I said, who is there to stop you from abusing said power now?Ā https://gyazo.com/250cef3d58049401e2b4e038eba2dc59

2 hours ago, Ā« SɱokEy Ā» said:

if you do then you shouldn't be looking into what staff do or used to do in the past?

Still trying to understand better how inactivity to such an degree is exactly possible šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

If you want to know in detail why it was declined,Ā sure please do contact sin

Ye i really wanna know and did contact him

Ā 

Reasons were clearly stated on each application.

True that

Ā 

As teeny said we dont owe our free time to anyone but ourselves

Idk if im confused, you are or we all are. To me it is simply a given that yes you owe your free time to only yourself, but you still put some of that free time in the site cause... thats the right thing to do... as a staff member..... literally...

Ā 

nitpicking things

Idk, i rn aswell feel like ive been nitpicked on šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

Ā 

I feel like the thread has gone from addressing some valid concernsĀ to just complaining

Well, after those valid concerns were addressed and acknowledged, mods did nothing else. There was no detailed discussion of the best possible planĀ on how to fix the issues and on top of that, a very controversial moderator was given the Admin position. Of course there is just plain complaining, disappointment and displease going around in this forum post now. Of course its atm very negative. Lets fix that then!

On 6/19/2020 at 9:04 PM, Xergoyf said:

We need a plan of action of some sort, showing a roadmap towards site improvement.Ā It is one thing to acknowledgeĀ an issue, but another entirely to take action. I understand the admins/mods might want to take sometime to think through an appropriate plan and that this forums thread might not be the best place to show that, but we need to know that something is happening. This cannotĀ be another thread like the quicksell thread or the overcutting script thread where a clear issue is brought up but is never addressed by the staff. Without mod/admin responses, it is easy to assume the staff does not care about the site orĀ addressing theĀ issues on hand.

Ā 

Ā 

What a mess.

I don't know why there is so much talk about pro-cave's app! I think was clear in sin's comment in the app. That it was discussed with everyone and it was a mutual decision between staffĀ to decline thatĀ application.

I am not sure why you all see it as it was sin's decision? was itĀ it because he posted the comment? - Every application is discussed between staff and then "Someone" (either admin or mod) will comment at the end. If you want to know in detail why it was declined,Ā sure please do contact sin or teeny or any other community mods

now please don't come asking why every other app was declined. Reasons were clearly stated on each application.

Okay, i went on and read the reason.

7QDwhzk.png

Ā 

So Procave cant get a moderator position cause of his past actions, while sin can stay a mod aswell asĀ then get promoted to admin despite his past actions, or rather behaviorĀ as a mod?

Ā Ā 

43 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

If you want to know in detail why it was declined,Ā sure please do contact sin

Ye i really wanna know and did contact him

Ā 

43 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

As teeny said we dont owe our free time to anyone but ourselves

IdkĀ im confused, you are or we all are. To me it is simply a given that yes you owe your free time to only yourself, but you still put some of that free time in the site cause... thats the right thing to do... as a staff member..... literally...

You are only quoting the 1st part of the sentence, read it fully on both of the above. You missed this "I only focus on reports on weekends now a days but that will change not immediately but soon." - reason for which I have already mentioned, and this is just me everyone might have their own reasons.Ā 
You keep saying the same things again and again in different ways, is it because you dont understand what I am saying above? orĀ 

Ā 

49 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

What a mess.

YeahĀ this thread is just a big mess now.

Earlier when I posted my comment 2 hours ago this thread had 3800+ views and now 4300+ people have viewed this thread yet it is just you & maybe 1 or 2 others that is having issue with sin being promoted.Ā Not a single staff disagrees with this promotion.
Stop asking question on why he was promoted when it was already told many times.Ā Admin wasn't gonna be given out free to someone new, It should have been someone from with in staff and a report mod & sin was best fit for the role. Please drop this here and lets move forward with other issues.

Instead of complaining, Suggest what new changes do you expect to see on the site and we can discuss things related to that here instead of going off topic or talking about staff activity (A valid point) which was already addressed.

(except for the dev thing which even we are trying to figure out what to do and will update everyone if we find a solution)

Ā 

2 hours ago, HarryG said:

You're already admin sin, so like I said, who is there to stop you from abusing said power now?

If he is found abusing he will be removed as admin by teeny/woifi simple as that.
Stop thinking about the past and look forward into the future, let him get used to this new role and lets see how things go. As I have mentioned before, stop seeing things with a bad eye or negativity, its okay if you dont like sin & its okay if you dont like the entire staff team. Just let it be. Things will go fine overtime.

14 minutes ago, Ā« SɱokEy Ā» said:

Ā 

Ā 

If he is found abusing he will be removed as admin by teeny/woifi simple as that.
Stop thinking about the past and look forward into the future, let him get used to this new role and lets see how things go. As I have mentioned before, stop seeing things with a bad eye or negativity, its okay if you dont like sin & its okay if you dont like the entire staff team. Just let it be. Things will go fine overtime.

Do you recognize the irony in somebody that isn't sin responding to a post in which I mention my feelings that sin now has nobody to answer to and no requirement to respond to anybody (because now he's an admin) despite recent questionable behaviors and him lying in this thread even after he became admin? You didn't even address any of the actual content in my message despite telling crimson off for only reading certain parts of certain messages, that's what I'm talking about when I reference a non-answer

51 minutes ago, Ā« SɱokEy Ā» said:

You are only quoting the 1st part of the sentence, read it fully on both of the above. You missed this "I only focus on reports on weekends now a days but that will change not immediately but soon." - reason for which I have already mentioned, and this is just me everyone might have their own reasons.

Yeah, you already said it for me huh, all mods will have reasons undeniably, cause the staff has been inactive. Thats just logic. You definitely made me realise something, i do not need to know why mods are busy, all i need to know is what i already know: that they are inactive.Ā I guess by asking specifically about the gaming thing too;Ā with it all, i just wanted some sense of ensurance... if thats a word.

Ā 

yet it is just you & maybe 1 or 2 others that is having issue with sin being promoted.Ā Not a single staff disagrees with this promotion.

...which is a valid issue? How does it matter what the staff thinks of this promotion if he clearly got the promotion cause of what the staff thinks?Ā What matters is what the people think about this promotion? No?

Ā 

Stop asking question on why he was promoted when it was already told many times

Nonono. Im not asking a plain "why", im askingĀ why was sin promoted to admin if he is one of the most, if not the most controversial mod out there.

Ā 

on top of that, a very controversial moderator was given the Admin position.

Ā 

Okay, i went on and read the reason.

7QDwhzk.png

Ā 

So Procave cant get a moderator position cause of his past actions, while sin can stay a mod aswell asĀ then get promoted to admin despite his past actions, or rather behaviorĀ as a mod?

Ā 

It should have been someone from with in staff and a report mod & sin was best fit for the role

Which some people strongly disagree with. A controversial mod who has behaved poorlyĀ in the past, as Harry has proven and so did i in the Discord, where sin apologised to me yesterday, isĀ not the best option out of the entire staff/report mods.

Ā 

Please drop this here and lets move forward with other issues.

But yes, at the end of the day im fine with this, he just has to prove himself innit. I just do not likeĀ how the staff is ignoring what sin has done wrong AS A MOD, while also hypocritically declining people's like Procave'sĀ mod applications on the same category (past behavior) of actions that sin himself has committed.

Ā 

40 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

hypocritically

Ā 

Stop thinking about the past and look forward into the future, let him get used to this new role and lets see how things go. As I have mentioned before, stop seeing things with a bad eye or negativity

Yes, so,Ā give Procave a chance.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Instead of complaining, Suggest what new changes do you expect to see on the site and we can discuss things related to that

You are very right about this, i should start spawning some ideas now instead.

Ā 

Agreed, clearly:

19 hours ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

In all honesty, like ive done with a lot of the staff today, im giving him, too, the benefit of the doubt. People do change... Sometimes.... But eh, if he turns out to be a terrible Admin, i mean... Teeny will just reverse the promotion innit.

Ā 

23 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Ā 

Which some people strongly disagree with. A controversial mod who has behaved poorlyĀ in the past, as Harry has proven and so did i in the Discord, where sin apologised to me yesterday, isĀ not the best option out of the entire staff/report mods.

Ā 

Interesting that apparently he will apologize to crimson but will lie about what he did when it has to do with me because..... he didn't think I had screenshots proving him wrong? This is part of the reason why it's incredibly flawed logic to assume that the promotion is a good idea because it's popular amongst the very small clique that has been mentioned (as well as dismissed) in this post before the complaints got buried with even more complaints about the only staff decision made since the post was first added to the forums. If you have to pull teeth and provide photographic evidenceĀ to even get the person to admit they're wrong at all, what makes anybody think a person like that is a good person to be the face of the site?

Ā 

Such a good point Crimson makes as well regarding the procave thing.... IF SOMEBODY IS ALREADY STAFF, WE ARE TOLD TO THINK POSITIVELY AND IGNORE THEIR PAST MISTAKES, BUT IF THEY AREN'T ALREADY PART OF THE CLIQUE THEY ARE TOLD THEY WILL NEVER QUALIFY BECAUSE OF PAST MISTAKES (SIN WAS THE ONE WHO COMMENTED TO THIS EFFECT ON PROCAVE'S APPLICATION - INCREDIBLY HYPOCRITICAL IMO)

Oh boy, here I go dipping my toes into this hot mess.

Ā 

I would like to start by pointing out I agree with the sentiment that it seems hypocritical to promote SIN, even though he is a controversial figure and apparently has misbehaved in the past, whilst simultaneously denying Procave a position as community moderator, simply because he has misbehaved in the past.

Ā 

In regard to SIN's behaviour, I feel out of place to render judgement myself, since I am not exactly familiar with all of his conduct, although I do see Harry pointing out an apparent lie of SIN here in this thread. So that does make me raise one of my eyebrows. But I am willing to give SIN the benefit of the doubt, as I do not feel, as I said, at place to render judgement here.

Ā 

In regard to Procave's behaviour I would like to say that it seems to me he has developed himself for quite the better the last months. He has been helpful and positive on de Discord server and I suspect the same has been the case here at the community forums. I honestly feel like he wants nothing but the best for this community and in this light find it saddening that his application got denied. I would say it would have been fair, especially given the fact more staff seems to be needed, to have given him a probation period as to see how things work out before moving on to fully promoting him to community moderator.

Ā 

Now the issue which to me seems the most pressing, also since I am more familiar with it, which would be the issue of the lack of an active developer or any form of active development team. I have made it a habit of myself to monitor the #bug-reports-and-ideas channel on the Discord server and have seen quite a few issues raised in regard of parts of the site being broken or not functioning properly anymore. Not anything that is widely site breaking perhaps, but it is still all stuff worth fixing, I would presume.

Ā 

Furthermore: even if the developer would maintain the site to the extend that bugs get fixed, the site might still suffer in the long run, given the then looming lack of improvement. That is another thing that has been noted from time to time: parts of the site and its functions, some of it is just outdated or not really convenient anymore.

Ā 

I have seen Teeny note that she has brought up the lack of active development with the site's owner, geel, although I am unclear on what exactly this has entailed thus far. Nonetheless, I would like to inquire as to what staff might plan on doing in bringing about change in regard to ensuring the presence of one or multiple active developers. And yes, I understand it is really up to geel to hire new developers, but that is just really a statement of fact rather than a statement informing us of any actual and viable course of action.

Ā 

Speaking of geel, I do hear noises that his interest in the site has been dwindling, which might actually be dangerous in regard to making sure the site survives as an entity for longer. And I don't want to put my nose into his business, but if he himself isn't able to properly run the site, even if it that is stemming from disinterest, then perhaps he should appoint a CEO or something to that extent. Anyhow a restructuring at that level might be in order at this point, since there should always be someone active standing at the top to ensure operations can continue.

Ā 

That would be my two cents.

11 minutes ago, Farao Ramses II said:

then perhaps he should appoint a CEO or something to that extent

Honesty, not really. He should simply trust the good old trusty Admin, Teeny.Ā Yet as she said, she has been bringingĀ the need of a new Dev to Geel's attention for years now. Also,Ā she never responded to me asking why that is so, why hasĀ she needed to bring it to the Owner's attention for so long now without a result.

4 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Honesty, not really. He should simply trust the good old trusty Admin, Teeny.Ā Yet as she said, she has been bringingĀ the need of a new Dev to Geel's attention for years now. Also,Ā she never responded to me asking why that is so, why hasĀ she needed to bring it to the Owner's attention for so long now without a result.

Well, to appoint a trusted admin to ensure the hiring of skilled developers would be a sensible solution already indeed. (Someone did point out the fact there are quite a few knowledgeable programmers active in this community, so to find the right people would not be the issue, I would suspect.) But as you pointed out: Teeny is not really available right now.

Ā 

My point remains that their needs to be someone in charge that is actually in charge by having a say in the development of the website, through the ability of hiring much needed developers.

Ā 

But in that context I would like to know what @Teeny Tiny Cat has been doing exactly in regards to escalating the issue of a lack of an active developer or team of developers towards geel. If it is the case she has done all in her power, then maybe, and I don't want to sound dramatic but I guess I do at this point, it is up to us, the users, to start petitioning geel to appoint someone to oversee the hiring of a development team or to start hiring developers himself.

11 minutes ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

Ā 

Well Teeny and nobody else has told us yet that Geel straight up said "no", just a "we've been asking for it for a long time!", which tells me that in reality, they're sending a short message to Geel once every few months then not pressing any harder. I don't know if they fear Geel or don't want to "bug him when he's not doing great mentally", but it's clear BPTF needs a new dev, and it should be something that BPTF admins are bringing up to Geel constantly every day until he gives a straightforward answer. What is he going to do if you bug him that much? Who cares if he gets pissed off about it, it's his website that his staff team are desperately trying to get him to fix, it's more important than just "oh no make big Geel annoyed :(".

1 minute ago, mikey boi said:

Ā 

Well Teeny and nobody else has told us yet that Geel straight up said "no", just a "we've been asking for it for a long time!", which tells me that in reality, they're sending a short message to Geel once every few months then not pressing any harder. I don't know if they fear Geel or don't want to "bug him when he's not doing great mentally", but it's clear BPTF needs a new dev, and it should be something that BPTF admins are bringing up to Geel constantly every day until he gives a straightforward answer. What is he going to do if you bug him that much? Who cares if he gets pissed off about it, it's his website that his staff team are desperately trying to get him to fix, it's more important than just "oh no make big Geel annoyed :(".

Well, this is all assumption/speculation, but yeah, we'll see sooner or later.

Where is sin's response? This is the most important accusation of the entire thread and he and every other staff member have been predictably quiet about itĀ 

• Administrators

I see Im late to the party.Ā I just became aware of this thread's existence; I do not use the forums anymore unless someone redirects me here as I feel most traffic happens on Discord now.

I did not read everything as I felt most of what was posted eventually went off-topic, but saw that among other things there were things said about inactive moderators, so I figure I may as well explain my share of that.

My own activity has been very inconsistentĀ ranging from spending full days to not handlingĀ any suggestionsĀ for a few weeks/months. Recently its been the latter for me. I still help through DMs/questions and join moderator discussions about controversial cases or uncertain suggestions, but havent sat down to cut the backlog in a while. There's a variety of reasons which among other things include a decreased interest in TF2 which has lead to lower overall activity on Steam and the Discord in general. My only dedication towards TF2 is currently moderating this site which has fallen to the background compared to my current daily routines. As a result,Ā Im less prominently present as I was back when I suggested, or the first two years I moderated, when I spent most of my free time on the site.

The reason myĀ activity sometimes comes to a full halt (aside from the regular adult obligations) includes a lot of personal stuff that has been going on the past year (in particular the past few months with corona which has messed up my planning)Ā that occasionally causes a lot of stress. I tend to get a little snappy when Im under a lot of pressure and therefore sometimes refrain from getting involved in too many pricing-related situations. im not fully gone, just on a temporary break - a vacation if you will - from time to time to retain my own sanity.

This does not mean Im unavailable; if you need anything in paritcular I'm available on Discord (ping on server or through DMs, the latter of which is more secure probably as I check there more often). Responses may not be immediate, but I will try to assist wherever I can.

Don't worry, I'll be back...
~The Foaminator
Ā 

1 hour ago, HarryG said:

Where is sin's response? This is the most important accusation of the entire thread and he and every other staff member have been predictably quiet about itĀ 

Hopefully he is simply handling as many reports as he can atm or something

1 hour ago, Foamy the Fearsome said:

I feel most traffic happens on Discord now.

Yeah, but there's way more chit-chat there, off-topic chat that goes in-between whenever someone tries to discussĀ something very important, like here, inĀ my thread.Ā Here its all in one place and won't disappear in a sea of text.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Foamy the Fearsome said:

eventually went off-topic

Not really, it all falls into discussingĀ issues, and thats what this thread is all about.

Ā 

Your response definitely falls into this idea too:

Ā Ā 

5 hours ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

You definitely made me realise something, i do not need to know why mods are busy, all i need to know is what i already know: that they are inactive.Ā I guess by asking specifically about the gaming thing too;Ā with it all, i just wanted some sense of ensurance... if thats a word.

So basically, what we need from mods, i suppose, is ideas or possible ways for actions on how to attract more potential new blood into the staff team and potential new veteransĀ (new suggesters who can potentially turn into veterans) to suggest, not why they have been inactive. We all very well have noticedĀ that the staff has been highly inactive, not to mention the Dev, so thats all understandable.

Harry said something at the start of this thread that was kind of interesting about suggesters still having to pay for premium. Would be cool if like once a person has hit a certain number of accepted suggestions or points (not sure exactly how it all works) they get premium VIP for free. Or if that would be too many people maybe like the Top 100 or something suggestors get it for free. Would be a nice perk for putting in the time to help the site and useful for those people to research future suggestions.

Ā 

Also, it would be cool if Geel hired someone to update the site more often. Like it's really hard to search for certain items like halloween painted items, glitched items, gift wrapped items,Ā chemistry sets, kill streak kits/itemsĀ andĀ some war paints. I think someone mentioned sorting by # in existance doesn't work anymore. People putting up their items for insane prices on mass just so it appears at the top of some sort lists.Ā 

Ā 

Hasn't really been any new site content or updates in more than a year no? Just would be nice to see new stuff every once in a while.

6 minutes ago, Fire Ģ·ĢØā—Ģ·ĢØĀ° said:

Harry said something at the start of this thread that was kind of interesting about suggesters still having to pay for premium. Would be cool if like once a person has hit a certain number of accepted suggestions or points (not sure exactly how it all works) they get premium VIP for free. Or if that would be too many people maybe like the Top 100 or something suggestors get it for free. Would be a nice perk for putting in the time to help the site and useful for those people to research future suggestions.

Yeah, dw, this has been talked about and the staff has agreedĀ on it a while before i even made this post. They are thriving towards trying to make it happens as best as they can, which i do hope is true.

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Fire Ģ·ĢØā—Ģ·ĢØĀ° said:

Just would be nice to see new stuff every once in a while.

Yeah, aside from bug fixes, which obv take priority over new additions, it would also be really neat to see some neat littleĀ features added in here and there; i got ideas for quite a few useful ones that ive yet to talk about/make a post about, cause atm it would be pointless with the absence of the site dev.

Ā Ā 

6 hours ago, HarryG said:

Do you recognize the irony in somebody that isn't sin responding to a post in which I mention my feelings that sin now has nobody to answer to and no requirement to respond to anybody (because now he's an admin) despite recent questionable behaviors and him lying in this thread even after he became admin? You didn't even address any of the actual content in my message despite telling crimson off for only reading certain parts of certain messages, that's what I'm talking about when I reference a non-answer

Ā 

3 hours ago, HarryG said:

Ā 

IF SOMEBODY IS ALREADY STAFF, WE ARE TOLD TO THINK POSITIVELY AND IGNORE THEIR PAST MISTAKES, BUT IF THEY AREN'T ALREADY PART OF THE CLIQUE THEY ARE TOLD THEY WILL NEVER QUALIFY BECAUSE OF PAST MISTAKES (SIN WAS THE ONE WHO COMMENTED TO THIS EFFECT ON PROCAVE'S APPLICATION - INCREDIBLY HYPOCRITICAL IMO)

Get your head straight my dude. I told you he just responded there, we all had the discussion and it was declined, I cannot do anything if you keep assuming things hypotheticallyĀ on your own.

Ā 

Interesting that apparently he will apologize to crimson but will lie about what he did when it has to do with me because..... he didn't think I had screenshots proving him wrong? This is part of the reason why it's incredibly flawed logic to assume that the promotion is a good idea because it's popular amongst the very small clique that has been mentioned (as well as dismissed) in this post before the complaints got buried with even more complaints about the only staff decision made since the post was first added to the forums. If you have to pull teeth and provide photographic evidenceĀ to even get the person to admit they're wrong at all, what makes anybody think a person like that is a good person to be the face of the site?

Ā 

6 hours ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:
7 hours ago, Ā« SɱokEy Ā» said:

yet it is just you & maybe 1 or 2 others that is having issue with sin being promoted.Ā Not a single staff disagrees with this promotion.

...which is a valid issue? How does it matter what the staff thinks of this promotion if he clearly got the promotion cause of what the staff thinks?Ā What matters is what the people think about this promotion? No?

Ā 

You are still deviating from the topic of this thread &Ā just blaming sin on incidents in the past, its funny how only you and 2-3 others have issues with his promotion when over 4800 people have viewed this thread no one else has anything to say! You guys did have a bad experience with him I agree but we cannot change the past now, I dont think teeny wouldnt have given it a thought before doing what she did. I feel its best if sin doesn't respond at this point because you are just waiting like vultures to nitpick his replies and start a never ending conversation? - he is admin now deal with and its not going to change.

Ā 

Ā 

Yes, so,Ā give Procave a chance

Ā 

4 hours ago, Farao Ramses II said:

In regard to Procave's behaviour I would like to say that it seems to me he has developed himself for quite the better the last months. He has been helpful and positive on de Discord server and I suspect the same has been the case here at the community forums. I honestly feel like he wants nothing but the best for this community and in this light find it saddening that his application got denied. I would say it would have been fair, especially given the fact more staff seems to be needed, to have given him a probation period as to see how things work out before moving on to fully promoting him to community moderator.

Ā 

He is free to re-apply after a few months.Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, Farao Ramses II said:

Now the issue which to me seems the most pressing, also since I am more familiar with it, which would be the issue of the lack of an active developer or any form of active development team. I have made it a habit of myself to monitor the #bug-reports-and-ideas channel on the Discord server and have seen quite a few issues raised in regard of parts of the site being broken or not functioning properly anymore. Not anything that is widely site breaking perhaps, but it is still all stuff worth fixing, I would presume.

Ā 

Furthermore: even if the developer would maintain the site to the extend that bugs get fixed, the site might still suffer in the long run, given the then looming lack of improvement. That is another thing that has been noted from time to time: parts of the site and its functions, some of it is just outdated or not really convenient anymore

The dev issue we have already discussed about and we are looking into what can be done.Ā 
Please suggest ways on how we can improve and also give examples of outdated things, it could only be a dev fix but still if there is something staff can do to fix we will look into it

Ā 

2 hours ago, šŸ”„Master Throne CrimsonšŸ”„ said:

So basically, what we need from mods, i suppose, is ideas or possible ways for actions on how to attract more potential new blood into the staff team and potential new veteransĀ (new suggesters who can potentially turn into veterans) to suggest, not why they have been inactive. We all very well have noticedĀ that the staff has been highly inactive, not to mention the Dev, so thats all understandable.

Staff applications are open they always have been, we are looking for new report mods price mods and comm mods, having new staff should boost the activity yes!

Ā 

1 hour ago, Fire Ģ·ĢØā—Ģ·ĢØĀ° said:

Okay finally we are moving back to the topic of this thread. This is a very good and valid point & we discussed this already and we are trying to figure out ways how best to implement this. (Weekly / Monthly targets etc) if you have ideas or suggestions regarding this please let us know

Ā 

With all that said, I want to point out if no more valid suggestions are being made and if you guys only want to talk about sin and his promotionĀ or if he lied or whatever else relating to thisĀ I will be closing this thread.
Ā 

Archived