The growing concern with the future of the site; the absence of the Site Dev and overall inactivity of Admins/Moderators.

🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥

Just now, Zeckatz said:

It really hurts when you're working on suggestions on a daily basis and make a mistake and get yelled/laughed at by mods, hell some people even made a meme for it.
I agree, none-unusuals are easy to make but they do help don't they? if they didn't, why can people make suggestions for none-unusuals?
Most people start making price suggestions by suggesting none-unusuals. If people laugh at them like this, they wouldn't wanna spend their valuable time making none-unusual price suggestions which they will gain nothing from.....
They wouldn't wanna learn making unusual price suggestions.
And there are people who list their items at backpack.tf price, i don't think none-unusual prices are worthless.

fish.PNG

fish2.PNG

This is the kind of stuff that I would love to see addressed, but apparently the official response is for an admin to say she has no idea what we are talking about to stifle discussion and then say they are happy to answer questions whilst ignoring the questions because in their words they “don’t have anything to add”. This is the apathy I think the community is talking about in this post. 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, HarryG said:

What I’m after is a real response. Why are you still an admin if you don’t care to post your thoughts or debate or debunk anything out of the mounds of valid criticism that have been added? Your attitude seems to convey that you just don’t care about the site right now. Maybe it’s time for you to step down? 

And i posted three questions, if you’re really going to answer the questions maybe you should do so

Lets get a bit more chill in here, i think :D Also, lets try and not make this feel like a back and forth dm convo between you and Teeny

13 minutes ago, HarryG said:

1. What are you doing about staff inactivity re. Changes in staff

2. What are you doing about rudeness of staff towards new members/veteran contributors/anyone?

Or rather, what does she plan to do, perhaps

13 minutes ago, HarryG said:

2. What are you doing about rudeness of staff towards new members/veteran contributors/anyone?

I also have my say here, for sure. Something that needs to be taken action against too, would be more experienced suggesters being rude and discouraging new suggesters too, not only the staff. You don't really at all see very strict comments on a newbies suggestion being warned or something, we need to be more lax on newbies, thats the entire idea of not discouraging/scaring em away.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, HarryG said:

What I’m after is a real response. Why are you still an admin if you don’t care to post your thoughts or debate or debunk anything out of the mounds of valid criticism that have been added? Your attitude seems to convey that you just don’t care about the site right now. Maybe it’s time for you to step down? 

I have posted my thoughts. I agree with much of the criticism. I think we've been doing a bad job. I welcome suggestions for how to improve, and I will read everything you guys discuss here. I think finding someone to take over my role who can be more active is a great idea.

Just now, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

A bit more chill in here, i think :D Also, lets try and not make this feel like a back and forth dm convo between you and Teeny

The questions are for anybody, I quoted the only staff member who responded to what I said, If other staff members were willing to engage in discourse I would happily respond to them as well but when there’s only one person to respond to I don’t know what you expect. I’m responding to just about every message here. 

Just now, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I have posted my thoughts. I agree with much of the criticism. I think we've been doing a bad job. I welcome suggestions for how to improve, and I will read everything you guys discuss here. I think finding someone to take over my role who can be more active is a great idea.

Okay, are applications for admin still not existent, or how do we go about looking for someone to take over your role? 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Or rather, what does she plan to do, perhaps

I don't plan to do anything. Again, I know that is disappointing, and I am sorry, but this website is not currently my priority. I will work on finding someone who can take over what I used to do. In the meantime, I encourage you all to keep discussing and I the whole staff can read and take note of your input and ideas.

Just now, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I don't plan to do anything. Again, I know that is disappointing, and I am sorry, but this website is not currently my priority. I will work on finding someone who can take over what I used to do. In the meantime, I encourage you all to keep discussing and I the whole staff can read and take note of your input and ideas.

How about instead of someone who has admitted they don’t really care about the site right now picking their successor we open that up to the community or any method besides just one person who seems apathetic to the topic 

• Administrators
Just now, HarryG said:

How about instead of someone who has admitted they don’t really care about the site right now picking their successor we open that up to the community or any method besides just one person who seems apathetic to the topic 

I care a great deal, and I think everyone here knows that.

3 minutes ago, HarryG said:

The questions are for anybody, I quoted the only staff member who responded to what I said, If other staff members were willing to engage in discourse I would happily respond to them as well but when there’s only one person to respond to I don’t know what you expect. I’m responding to just about every message here. 

Yeye, all good then. Like i said

3 minutes ago, HarryG said:

feel like a back and forth dm convo

"feel". It just felt like it.

2 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

If everyone here knew that I wouldn’t have said that. Your overall tone you are conveying is one of apathy; you’ve admitted that not only do you not plan to engage in discourse over most of the criticism here but also that this site isn’t your priority. That seems to imply a lack of caring to me, feel free to correct me but it doesn’t seem like a good logical response to say that you’re right because “I think everybody here knows X”

5 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I will work on finding someone who can take over what I used to do.

Well, don't get me wrong, this is definitely taking action and you'd be doing something. This is what we need, a chain reaction of action being taken. Also, what about Woifi, isn't he an Admin?

Just now, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well, don't get me wrong, this is definitely taking action and you are doing something, this is what we need, a chain reaction of action being taken. Also, what about Woifi, isn't he an Admin?

If one admin was able to handle the responsibilities she is neglecting then the site would be working fine right now, right? I don’t think the solution is overburdening an apparently already overburdened/negligent staff

18 minutes ago, Zeckatz said:

Most people start making price suggestions by suggesting none-unusuals.

The fact that i started off straight by making suggestions for unusuals and am where i am atm is probably the best indicator, that things have now gone greatly downhill. Most newbies you see, you can not keep track of, but there are a lot of newbies posting suggs from time to time, yet so few (atm not a single one) show noticable growth in posting suggs and sugg quality. Like i said, you can't keep track of them, but as far as i feel like, 90% or so of newbies make a couple of suggestions and never return to the scene. Cause the scene just is not likeable and enjoyable enough/like it used to be.

It really feels like all of the admins and mods here are taking the stance of "your points and criticisms are valid, and we agree. Wait.. you want us to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?! That takes effort!"

1 minute ago, SparkyYT said:

It really feels like all of the admins and mods here are taking the stance of "your points and criticisms are valid, and we agree. Wait.. you want us to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?! That takes effort!"

Well, no complete loss of hope just yet:

14 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I will work on finding someone who can take over what I used to do.

10 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well, don't get me wrong, this is definitely taking action and you'd be doing something. This is what we need, a chain reaction of action being taken. Also, what about Woifi, isn't he an Admin?

5 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well, no complete loss of hope just yet:

Yeah I don't want to be misunderstood here, I think this post was a great idea and a kick up the ass of sorts to force mods to address uncomfortable points. In seriousness, I think the apathy showed by the Admins in particular has been shocking, they should really drive up serious recruitment. I think the majority of the fingers should point back to Geel though. He's the one who hires devs.

1 minute ago, SparkyYT said:

Yeah I don't want to be misunderstood here, I think this post was a great idea and a kick up the ass of sorts to force mods to address uncomfortable points. In seriousness, I think the apathy showed by the Admins in particular has been shocking, they should really drive up serious recruitment. I think the majority of the fingers should point back to Geel though. He's the one who hires devs.

I don’t think geel could have foreseen this, the apathy that has recently developed was never present prior to him buying the site. I think it’s just been a growing lack of interest in maintenance and care over time 

2 minutes ago, HarryG said:

I don’t think geel could have foreseen this

Foreseen or not, one thing i metaphorically think is that he is so far up (with all the business stuff, he's as busy of a man, as one can be), that in the case of getting a new Dev on and we need the cooperation of him/an Owner, an important part in reaching that goal will be an Admin(s) to make him see the issue.

3 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Foreseen or not, one thing i metaphorically think is that he is so far up (with all the business stuff, he's as busy of a man, as one can be), that in the case of getting a new Dev on and we need the cooperation of him/an Owner, an important part in reaching that goal will be an Admin(s) to make him see the issue.

Geel barely ever communicates with the community. It feels like he's just milking his sites as a cash cow without putting in any work or money back into it.

10 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

I agree, but it looks like the staff are done responding to bury the thread, so who knows if the topic will hold any weight moving forward. 

34 minutes ago, HarryG said:

overburdening an apparently already overburdened/negligent staff

Yeah, but what i mean more with

36 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Also, what about Woifi, isn't he an Admin?

is that, while we do not know why adding an new Admin (can't forget about new Price- and Report Mods too ofc), that could carry this site, this backpack(.tf) on their backs, hasn't been a topic of discussion until now, we do know the reason why Teeny has been unable to handle Admin responsibilities and i completely understand that. Whats my question now is why Woifi has always been more in the background and Teeny had been the main Admin to handle things, and has not taken any action while Teeny aswell has not. Whats the status with Woifi's irl stuff? Basically.

11 minutes ago, HarryG said:

I agree, but it looks like the staff are done responding to bury the thread, so who knows if the topic will hold any weight moving forward. 

I just hope that they are simply busy atm (afterall, thats where this forum post came from, the lack of staff activity from them being busy with stuff not regarding the site) and will continue to cooperate in efforts of a less slim future for this site. However, referring to 

bury the thread

@Teeny Tiny Cat or someone, do you think it is possible to get this thread into the "Latest News" box with the idea of "let us know your thoughts here" or something, once other posts come in and update the "Latest Forum Threads" to not show mine, for maximum awareness of the topic and the issues it discusses?

I think this thread is getting a bit off sidetracked.

33 minutes ago, HarryG said:

I don’t think geel could have foreseen this, the apathy that has recently developed was never present prior to him buying the site. I think it’s just been a growing lack of interest in maintenance and care over time 

Geel cares greatly about keeping backpack.tf up, however his mental health has not in good shape recently. He needs to step back and take a break from everything, and right now is not a good time to bother him. Geel made a long fourms post regarding these issues here https://knockout.chat/thread/13246/2 

Luckily for us, Backpack.tf has always been very autonomous from Geel, so we do not need Geel's involvement to make changes.

56 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Nobody is doubting your commitment to the site, and I completely understand that your priority are (rightly) not on the site currently. Its great that you acknowledge there are issues that needed to be worked on.

45 minutes ago, SparkyYT said:

We need a plan of action of some sort, showing a roadmap towards site improvement. It is one thing to acknowledge an issue, but another entirely to take action. I understand the admins/mods might want to take sometime to think through an appropriate plan and that this forums thread might not be the best place to show that, but we need to know that something is happening. This cannot be another thread like the quicksell thread or the overcutting script thread where a clear issue is brought up but is never addressed by the staff. Without mod/admin responses, it is easy to assume the staff does not care about the site or addressing the issues on hand.

10 minutes ago, Xergoyf said:

or the overcutting script thread

Oh, speaking of... What do you think, should you maybe link the thread into your above comment so that the staff can have a look at that too? Because, good catch, thats a very important issue aswell, just like my quicksell thread and the issue with disliking in suggestions comments thread, that i myself linked to this thread.

Whenever people starts talking about Overcutting/Undercutting scripts, some people start thinking that we're crying that we can't instantly beat other's listings but that's not 100% true.
Because if it was, i don't think 80% of the community would be against it.
Because of how many overcutting scripts out there, they catch up to backpack.tf prices pretty quickly. Backpack.tf is rewarding them too much. Their scripts are way too easy to exploit.
If someone exploit them they get punished but the script user won't do shit to fix the problem. There is literally no balance, buy orders keep going up n up, they rarely go down.

Yes I'm whining about it again and going offtopic again but it is an actual issue that needs a solution.

Archived