The growing concern with the future of the site; the absence of the Site Dev and overall inactivity of Admins/Moderators.

🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥

57 minutes ago, A Delicious Cashew said:

The closest thing that we have already are the Unusual Suggestors and Non-Unusual Suggestor roles on Discord. The idea behind these roles were a way for suggestors, both new and old, to have a way to reach out to veteran users in the community to be able to ask questions and get help on their suggestions. They are an additional resource on top of asking price moderators. These suggestors want to help - they wouldn't have signed up for the role if they didn't. For us, it's an opportunity to see who steps up as a leader and how they handle being in that position. They're not moderators, but we as price mods trust these suggestors to help anyone that asks. If they want to eventually be mods, it's a great opportunity to show your demeanor and help newer suggestors.

Of course, I feel that this role isn't fully utilized - I think it ends up being used more when people have free suggestions to give or want an item updated. Maybe someone who has the role can say how often they get pinged or have idea on how it could be improved.

The roles are not utilized well at all. Currently it is just used for pinging people to either request a suggestion or giveaway free suggestions as you mentioned. Not only does it have limited scope, but many suggesters either choose not to have the role applied or had it removed at some point because they didn't want to be pinged constantly. 

The roles need a better use than simply for being pinged. I'm envisioning a separate discord channel where staff and those with the suggestion roles can discuss things related to suggesting. Mods are not sure how to proceed on a suggestion? Ask this channel. Is the staff considering implementing new suggestion rules/features? Ask the channel. This way, top suggestors can truly have an impact on discussions related to suggestions. This would allow for a greater sense of community and usefulness in the role instead of simply being the target of pings.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

As a side note, what exactly is going on with the Price Moderators? Life? School? Work? Have mostly all of them grown up and have yet to officially retire and move on and they just tag along atm?

I know I'm not a price moderator but I still feel the need to address this. For me, it's a mix of school, burnout, and the desire to learn some new skills during lockdown. I struggled with the transition of moving to online schooling this past semester so much so to the point where I felt the need to take summer courses to make up for how much I slacked off during the spring. That combined with burning out led to my inactivity for the past couple months or so on reports. In regards to learning new skills I'm referencing how I've been learning Adobe premiere pro since I've wanted to learn video editing for a while now.

It might have been unnecessary to go into this much detail but after reading this thread I felt the need to be as transparent as possible. Handling endless amounts of reports, price suggestions, hell even making the suggestions yourself, burns you out at varying rates and I just really needed a break. I do, however, agree with a lot of the criticisms everyone has been voicing and I personally think I can do better.

I don't know if anyone has any questions for me specifically or wants me to address anything, but I'll try my best to help out in this discussion as well as the site.

2 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

I know I'm not a price moderator but I still feel the need to address this.

Nah its completely fine, someone pointed out somewhere in this thread how they, Price Mods aside, noticed a huge lack of reports being handled aswell.

4 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

What would you like me to answer that I have not? I can have a go at any specific questions you have.

Are you open to the idea of having applications specifically for developer positions? I know having access to that info is a very delicate thing indeed, but with the amount of people in the community with programming experience, I don't think you would have a tough time getting motivated applicants. 

It's clear that people still love this site, even if they love it for how they remember it and not for what it currently looks like. I think a team of 2-3 freshly motivated developers would really be a morale boost and show the community that there's still a group of developers willing to act on the community's desires.

59 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

I know I'm not a price moderator but I still feel the need to address this. For me, it's a mix of school, burnout, and the desire to learn some new skills during lockdown. I struggled with the transition of moving to online schooling this past semester so much so to the point where I felt the need to take summer courses to make up for how much I slacked off during the spring. That combined with burning out led to my inactivity for the past couple months or so on reports. In regards to learning new skills I'm referencing how I've been learning Adobe premiere pro since I've wanted to learn video editing for a while now.

It might have been unnecessary to go into this much detail but after reading this thread I felt the need to be as transparent as possible. Handling endless amounts of reports, price suggestions, hell even making the suggestions yourself, burns you out at varying rates and I just really needed a break. I do, however, agree with a lot of the criticisms everyone has been voicing and I personally think I can do better.

I don't know if anyone has any questions for me specifically or wants me to address anything, but I'll try my best to help out in this discussion as well as the site.

???? Literally addressed the inactivity he had experienced in the past few months and admins choose to promote him to fix...inactivity. 

How is that a viable solution to the problems addressed in this thread?

So apparently for those that aren’t aware, sin was just made admin despite saying earlier in this thread that he “struggled  with the transition of moving to onlineschooling this past semester so much so to the point where I felt the need to take summer courses to make up for how much I slacked off during the spring. Thatcombined with burning out led to my inactivity for thepast couple months or so on reports.” 

So he himself stated that he’s been inactive in the past couple months on reports and he’s made admin? Is the level of apathy and clique-yness so extreme that people are rewarded INTERNALLY for saying they have been inactive? If this is the kind of response teeny thinks is warranted, then what a sore misunderstanding of the situation and a disappointing outcome, especially given all the unresolved issues suggestions and site problems that are apparently being swept under the rug here. 

I cant even begin to understand the logic here. The solution was to give sin more power? I’ve heard that he apparently will only work on reports; wasn’t he already a report mod? How does giving him more power (if it is only limited to reports) address the issue especially if he himself JUST said he was inactive a literal HOUR before he was promoted?

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Sniper Noob said:

Are you open to the idea of having applications specifically for developer positions? I know having access to that info is a very delicate thing indeed, but with the amount of people in the community with programming experience, I don't think you would have a tough time getting motivated applicants. 

It's clear that people still love this site, even if they love it for how they remember it and not for what it currently looks like. I think a team of 2-3 freshly motivated developers would really be a morale boost and show the community that there's still a group of developers willing to act on the community's desires.

This is not something I have control over, the owners hire developers not me. I have spent several years informing them that we need an active one.

3 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

This is not something I have control over, the owners hire developers not me. I have spent several years informing them that we need an active one.

What about all of the other problems and concerns people raised? Why did you reply to possibly the ONLY concern you don’t have direct control over as an admin?

• Administrators

I have replied with my thoughts already. I am sorry that you do not like them. I said I was happy to answer specific questions, and I was asked one.

16 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I have replied with my thoughts already. I am sorry that you do not like them. I said I was happy to answer specific questions, and I was asked one.

I asked multiple specific questions and all three were ignored. I don’t know if I like your thoughts or not if you don’t offer any insight into them. Here’s a specific question: 

1. Why was sin made admin to address the problem of inactivity when he said an hour before he was promoted that he has recently been inactive?

ill go ahead and ask the same question to sin since he said he was happy to answer any questions 

36 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I have spent several years informing them that we need an active one.

Wait so why is the "several years" completely for naught?

49 minutes ago, Payback said:

???? Literally addressed the inactivity he had experienced in the past few months and admins choose to promote him to fix...inactivity. 

How is that a viable solution to the problems addressed in this thread?

46 minutes ago, HarryG said:

So apparently for those that aren’t aware, sin was just made admin despite saying earlier in this thread that he “struggled  with the transition of moving to onlineschooling this past semester so much so to the point where I felt the need to take summer courses to make up for how much I slacked off during the spring. Thatcombined with burning out led to my inactivity for thepast couple months or so on reports.” 

So he himself stated that he’s been inactive in the past couple months on reports and he’s made admin? Is the level of apathy and clique-yness so extreme that people are rewarded INTERNALLY for saying they have been inactive? If this is the kind of response teeny thinks is warranted, then what a sore misunderstanding of the situation and a disappointing outcome, especially given all the unresolved issues suggestions and site problems that are apparently being swept under the rug here. 

Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat as these guys, was the idea "Oh maybe if we give admin to someone else, everything will be solved and the community will be happy!"? Because even if Sin was suddenly extremely active and consistently active, there's a lot more that has to be done to address and solve all the concerns and problems brought up by the users in this thread thus far.

But I think the real stupidity of this is how utterly rushed it clearly is. He just stated that he's been inactive and burnt out for the past few months, that's a problem in of itself, but shouldn't this have been a big topic of discussion that the staff team spends several days on? Is "Administrator" just "Mod but sounds cooler" here? I'm not saying he's incapable of performing as an administrator, but this seems like a decision made way too soon in hopes of calming the storm this thread has brought about, and moreso, he should have proven a rise in activity before suddenly being promoted. If "admin" really is a high level position with a lot of responsibilities, and the topic of a new admin has only just come about, then it would have made more sense to spend a few days discussing it and really considering what to do. But no, a new admin is chosen literally 8 hours after Teeny first read this thread. So Teeny, was it YOUR decision, or the whole staff team's decision?

If it was YOUR decision, then congrats, you just rushed hard to shove off your problems onto someone else, because it's clear that this thread is too much for you because every response you've given after the first 2 has been some variation of "What do you want me to do????".

If it was NOT your decision, and was instead voted on by the staff team, then why in the hell can the staff team not get together once every now and then to vote on and discuss things brought up in the "website suggestions" sub forum and on Discord's ideas channel? If this is the case, then you literally just proved that the staff team is capable of approaching a major issue / change and determining an answer/solution in the time it takes for a kid to get through one day of Highschool.

Note that I'm not saying you've been a bad Admin, I don't know you very well but I can tell by some things people have said that you've done a great job when you were active and you've done many things that have had a positive impact on this community, but we're not talking about that, we're talking about right now. Today.

46 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Tell me something, how many years is "several years"? And have you been specifically told "no", or just ignored or given a vague response? Because I'm seeing "We've been asking for a while!", but no mention of how the owners of BPTF have actually responded. Do you just give a 10 word Steam message to Geel every 8-12 months and expect that to be enough? You're not some kid moderating a Minecraft fanfic server with 20 users desperately trying to get the owner of the server to add an extra chat channel, you're an administrator for one of TF2's most known websites. If those that own BPTF can't respond to your demands and at least consider it, then they're not fit to run this website and community and thus a totally different discussion is in order. But I sincerely doubt it's that Geel or Jesse or whoever not responding to your pleas. This would be a very different conversation if you could say "We have asked for devs for a while, but the owners have consistently told us "no".", because then it wouldn't have anything to do with you, and would be a matter that we have to take straight to the Owners, but that isn't how it appears based on the wording and delivery of this quote. You're right, you don't hire developers, but you do oversee a site that needs a new dev, and thus, you should be willing to press hard and be adamant to the owners about your concern that BPTF needs a new dev and needs it fast.

The longer this thread goes on, the more pathetic some things seem to be getting. Stop pretending that you have no clue what to do, stop having staff respond 1 by 1 to random comments and not address half the shit being talked about. This community deserves a proper response created from many users of the staff team in order for us to get a true feeling for how the staff team is planning on addressing all of the concerns brought up in this thread. This isn't thread #38 of "please add spell searching to classifieds!", this is a thread with many concerns and problems being pointed out by at least a dozen of this community's most active users. And I'll say it again, "we can't get a new dev or contact the dev" isn't a good response, because if you truly can't do jack squat when suggestions come up, then what do the Admins actually do besides make sure the mods aren't getting in trouble? Which brings me back to my first point of this long ass comment, that making someone a new admin isn't going to solve most of the problems in this thread without a lot more being done by the staff team.

7 minutes ago, mikey boi said:

But I think the real stupidity of this is how utterly rushed it clearly is.

Yeah, obviously the staff and the admin are pressured, however ive tried to make everyone keep in mind that changes do not obviously happen overnight, be it me being pessimistic about the staff actually planning to from hence forth put their all into making a change or not. But overall, @mikey boi big facts.

1 minute ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Yeah, obviously the staff and the admin are pressured, however ive tried to make everyone keep in mind that changes do not obviously happen overnight, be it me being pessimistic about the staff actually planning to from hence forth put their all into making a change or not.

Changes aren't meant to happen overnight, but almost all of the evidence points to this being a spur of the moment change that had little thought behind it. We can't see staff chat, so obviously we have no proof which way it actually is, but when Sin literally just replied that he's been inactive for the past few months, then chances are he hasn't actually been being discussed / considered for "admin" for "a while", but rather for only a few hours. The staff team is free to prove me wrong here, but there's nothing to tell me or anyone else that this wasn't a "quick do something!!!" decision.

27 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I said I was happy to answer specific questions

1. Why was sin made admin to address the problem of inactivity when he said an hour before he was promoted that he has recently been inactive?

2. Why are forums dead, despite community mods' job as part of the community moderation requirements is to moderate forums 

3. Why are standards for moderators so high? No wonder moderators are getting burned out, there's literally no one to pick up the slack besides the same people who have been doing the same things for years, it was one of my aspirations for 20+ months and I was repeatedly told that I would never live up to the likes of old suggesters instead of encouraged to be better and apply

4. What are you doing about staff inactivity? How do you approach inactivity in report/price moderators besides leaving it alone?

@Teeny Tiny Cat

I completely understand the concerns you guys have in regards to my promotion after I explained my recent inactivity. It does seem weird that after I explained the reasoning behind it being school, burnout, etc. that I would then get promoted to admin to help take responsibility with the report side of things; I get it.

Since last night I've been taking some time to try and reduce as much of the report backlog as I could and I'll be continuing to do that as best I can, though ultimately it is a team effort of course. I know what I said about my experience with university over the last semester and how I've taken some summer courses to help cover for my academic performance in the spring. At the end of the day, the best way for me to address all of your concerns is through action.

I would not have taken this position if I didn't feel as though I had the time to dedicate more energy into the site now. Teeny and Woifi wouldn't have even considered promoting me if they knew I didn't have the time to help out. We're aware that a lot of the changes you all are asking for aren't things that can be fixed overnight, and I want to make it clear that I'm not doing this as some sort of attempt to simply ease everyone's conscience. I'm going into this with the intention of trying to change things for the better.

Like I said before, if you have any questions you want to ask me you're always free to do so. I hope this helps you guys understand where I'm coming from with all of this.

5 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

Since last night I've been taking some time to try and reduce as much of the report backlog as I could and I'll be continuing to do that as best I can

Well, you see... Im confused.

1 hour ago, HarryG said:

The solution was to give sin more power? I’ve heard that he apparently will only work on reports; wasn’t he already a report mod?

As for these 2 quotes... Im still confused. What youve been doing overnight is fixing up the most off-topic issue listed on this thread so far: handling reports. But youre an admin now, what else exactly will and can you do, with the new promotion?

6 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

At the end of the day, the best way for me to address all of your concerns is through action.

7 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

I'm going into this with the intention of trying to change things for the better.

1 minute ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well, you see... Im confused.

As for these 2 quotes... Im still confused. What youve been doing overnight is fixing up the most off-topic issue listed on this thread so far: handling reports. But youre an admin now, what else exactly will and can you do, with the new promotion?

Some things that we've been lacking as a result of Teeny's recent inactivity are mainly about keeping people accountable and being on top of everything; qualities of a leader. This also includes keeping people motivated, giving advice, etc. It's also difficult to implement policy changes, organizing events (though we need a considerable amount of price mods to be free before doing those), hire new staff members in a timely fashion, etc. if we don't have active admins.

A lot of these things are intangible and hard to quantify, especially from a user's perspective, but we all see how detrimental not having these things can be. As Teeny said before, she's seen me be a leader in numerous ways and believes I'm capable of taking charge of things in her recent absence.

I do want to reiterate though; these things are going to need time to develop and it's also going to take me some time to adjust to all of this. I'm in a really awkward situation where I and the rest of the team have got a lot of work to do coupled with some big expectations and to be honest it's a little bit overwhelming😅But at the end of the day I want to help improve things and I have some time and skills that could be useful in doing just that.

If there's anything else you're confused about do let me know👍

10 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

I would not have taken this position if I didn't feel as though I had the time to dedicate more energy into the site now. Teeny and Woifi wouldn't have even considered promoting me if they knew I didn't have the time to help out. We're aware that a lot of the changes you all are asking for aren't things that can be fixed overnight, and I want to make it clear that I'm not doing this as some sort of attempt to simply ease everyone's conscience. I'm going into this with the intention of trying to change things for the better.

I appreciate that you're actually committed to being active. I hope that you follow through and don't become victim of burn-out once again. I do believe in you, in spite of how pessimistic my large post earlier was, I just needed a confirmation that you were committed to this community to be on board with you as an Admin.

8 hours ago, Woifi The Viking said:

We (admins) are always looking for new moderators.

I just want to also state on the topic of "we are looking for people to apply for moderator", it's really not the place but I don't feel now is appropriate to bug the Admins directly about this or to post a separate thread for this to clog up the forum activity, but I am still fully interested in being a part of the BPTF staff team, and would love a reconsideration whether it be for Community Mod or Report Mod. It's not really the place and time, but as for the two Discord mutes I received that got my app auto-rejected, I want to say that I am very sorry for both of those instances. I believe a warning would have sufficed for the first one, as I was unaware that what I had posted was enough to be considered "spreading misinformation",  though I understand that during the panic of the code leaks, staff may not have had a choice or desire to give out warnings instead of mutes. The second one was a bad slip-up of a distasteful joke that I did not think through, and I definitely deserved the mute for it. I even apologized directly to the mod whom muted me minutes after that mute went through with no intention of having the mute lifted, just to voice that I had made a mistake and acknowledge that I did so. I personally do not feel that these two mistakes should be enough for an auto-deny of my application, as I was not given any chance to explain myself or apologize for my actions publicly as I am doing now. I'm not a perfect person, but I want to put in the effort to help this community thrive and to help solve the problems addressed by myself and many other users within this thread, and it pains me to see that both the community members and the staff team are wishing for new staff to come about when I'm fully ready and interested to become a member of the staff team, but wasn't considered when I made my application due to two mistakes that I have since learned from. If anything I've said in this thread comes off as aggressive or immature or etc, I apologize as well, because I'm feeling strong emotions towards this community that I care about. I sincerely hope that the BPTF team can reconsider giving me a chance to help this community that I care enough about that I've had this thread open on my main screen for the past 10 hours.

1 minute ago, mikey boi said:

I just want to also state on the topic of "we are looking for people to apply for moderator", it's really not the place but I don't feel now is appropriate to bug the Admins directly about this or to post a separate thread for this to clog up the forum activity, but I am still fully interested in being a part of the BPTF staff team, and would love a reconsideration whether it be for Community Mod or Report Mod. It's not really the place and time, but as for the two Discord mutes I received that got my app auto-rejected, I want to say that I am very sorry for both of those instances. I believe a warning would have sufficed for the first one, as I was unaware that what I had posted was enough to be considered "spreading misinformation",  though I understand that during the panic of the code leaks, staff may not have had a choice or desire to give out warnings instead of mutes. The second one was a bad slip-up of a distasteful joke that I did not think through, and I definitely deserved the mute for it. I even apologized directly to the mod whom muted me minutes after that mute went through with no intention of having the mute lifted, just to voice that I had made a mistake and acknowledge that I did so. I personally do not feel that these two mistakes should be enough for an auto-deny of my application, as I was not given any chance to explain myself or apologize for my actions publicly as I am doing now. I'm not a perfect person, but I want to put in the effort to help this community thrive and to help solve the problems addressed by myself and many other users within this thread, and it pains me to see that both the community members and the staff team are wishing for new staff to come about when I'm fully ready and interested to become a member of the staff team, but wasn't considered when I made my application due to two mistakes that I have since learned from. If anything I've said in this thread comes off as aggressive or immature or etc, I apologize as well, because I'm feeling strong emotions towards this community that I care about. I sincerely hope that the BPTF team can reconsider giving me a chance to help this community that I care enough about that I've had this thread open on my main screen for the past 10 hours.

Before we can reconsider your application a couple months need to pass so you can show us improved behaviour. And even if your main activity lies on the site and forums, the discord is where most of the community interaction happens, so being active there helps us get a better idea of your progress.

24 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

Some things that we've been lacking as a result of Teeny's recent inactivity are mainly about keeping people accountable and being on top of everything; qualities of a leader. This also includes keeping people motivated, giving advice, etc. It's also difficult to implement policy changes, organizing events (though we need a considerable amount of price mods to be free before doing those), hire new staff members in a timely fashion, etc. if we don't have active admins.

A lot of these things are intangible and hard to quantify, especially from a user's perspective, but we all see how detrimental not having these things can be. As Teeny said before, she's seen me be a leader in numerous ways and believes I'm capable of taking charge of things in her recent absence.

I do want to reiterate though; these things are going to need time to develop and it's also going to take me some time to adjust to all of this. I'm in a really awkward situation where I and the rest of the team have got a lot of work to do coupled with some big expectations and to be honest it's a little bit overwhelming😅But at the end of the day I want to help improve things and I have some time and skills that could be useful in doing just that.

Yeah, thats all very understandable, nicely clarified!

25 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

Yeah, definitely baby steps towards the end goal of having an active and balanced relationship between suggested feature requests, reported bugs and best of those feature requests being actually implemented and the bugs being actually fixed in a stable and a rather frequent manner. For all i know, this exact end goal i just envisioned could take a year, and that would be perfectly acceptable.

Also, i suppose there is no harm in re-asking the newly-appointed, active Admin: 

However, referring to 

bury the thread

@ TeenyTinyCat (don't wanna re-ping her lol) or someone, do you think it is possible to get this thread into the "Latest News" box with the idea of "let us know your thoughts here" or something, once other posts come in and update the "Latest Forum Threads" to not show mine, for maximum awareness of the topic and the issues it discusses?

33 minutes ago, ѕιи said:

Of course now you’re going to say you think you can handle it, you have the job now. It’s not exactly surprising that you now are saying that considering the admins obviously don’t have to answer to anybody

(geels inactivity, teeny ignoring almost every pressing issue brought up that she has the power to address in favor of mentioning she can’t hire a developer because it’s literally the one thing that makes it look out of her hands when it very much is not).

SIN, here are specific questions for you that I would like answered besides the ones j summed up in his most recent post that the staff are ignoring in favor of responding to low hanging fruit such as mikeyboi asking why he can’t be mod 

1. How was the decision to promote someone who publicly said an hour before they couldn’t handle the job they already have reached? Why were you approached at all?

2. Why wasn’t someone more experienced/someone who has more time committed to the site approached? If they were, why were they not chosen?

3. Why was this the only measure taken after this thread became popular despite multiple staff members including yourself saying that these things take time? You were promoted literally an hour after the thread started dying down. 

4. How can someone who claims they are always available to answer questions claim this when as recently as three weeks ago I had to contact the (inactive, yet still more capable of responding than you were) admin to get you to unblock me because you purposefully made yourself impossible to reach after muting me on discord without giving any reason as to why (you had also claimed before this that anybody was free to contact you about mutes you gave out). 

5. Number four also seems to imply that despite you saying you were already overburdened which is problematic in and of itself, that you still have time to take over the job of discord mod and ban people quite often when there is an entire job (called community moderator). Why should the community trust that you won’t abuse this new power even more?

6. If you’re really trying to effect positive change, why only respond to the price suggesters that keep the site running as opposed to trying to appease everybody? That’s what one of the problems before you became admin was.

Well he still needs to also, while this part would show how he has grown as a person,

18 minutes ago, Woifi The Viking said:

the discord is where most of the community interaction happens, so being active there helps us get a better idea of your progress.

be active on the forums. Since forums, being the place where the big plus of preservation and compactness of bringing awareness to an issue comes in, he can best show his abilities as a Mod.

19 minutes ago, Woifi The Viking said:

And even if your main activity lies on the site and forums

7 minutes ago, HarryG said:

How can someone who claims they are always available to answer questions claim this when as recently as three weeks ago I had to contact the (inactive, yet still more capable of responding than you were) admin to get you to unblock me because you purposefully made yourself impossible to reach after muting me on discord without giving any reason as to why (you had also claimed before this that anybody was free to contact you about mutes you gave out).

Unless there is an option on Discord to only let friends dm, not people with a mutual channel (altho all of the times ive pinged sin to let me dm, he has not added me as a friend, ive simply magically been able to suddenly dm him), ive also many times been unable to dm sin, when ive wanted to report a chain of scammer alts (and im quite good at tracking them down).

14 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Unless there is an option on Discord to only let friends dm, not people with a mutual channel (altho all of the times ive pinged sin to let me dm, he has not added me as a friend, ive simply magically been able to suddenly dm him), ive also many times been unable to dm sin, when ive wanted to report a chain of scammer alts (and im quite good at tracking them down).

Yes, it seems pretty obvious that he blocks people he doesn’t want to speak to. Say what you want about teeny and her inactivity, but she’s never blocked me and I’ve at least been able to dm her to get things rectified (yes, during the quarantine, even Teeny who herself said she was slacking was much more active, helpful and responsive in my experience than sin was) . With sin taking over I feel like things will definitely take a more authoritarian and even less communicative direction based on his behavior in the past. 

THE MOST WORRYING POINT TO ME IS THAT IN THE PAST ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS I HAD TO MESSAGE TEENY REPEATEDLY TO GET SIN TO CONVERSE WITH ME ABOUT SIMPLE ISSUES AND NOW NOBODY IS IN CONTROL OF HIM AT ALL. For this reason I fear sin will be the LAST new admin the site ends up having 

Archived