The key price thread

base64

181 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keys Go Up Or Down? Would They Help The Economy If They Are Higher?

• Up / Yes
    • Down / No

You are probably wondering, "Why are keys so high in price?" Well, there are a couple reasons.

#1, Steam Market: Steam Market is cheaper than Mann Co. Store and very few new keys are in circulation

#2, Idlers: More and more people are getting items everyday, which get crafted into refined. The more refined there is, the lower the price. People then decide to, "Idle," (being AFK and getting items) and get items without playing the game.

#3, Demand: Keys demand is higher than ever, so people will pay more to get it!

"How do we get keys to drop in price?" You must buy them from the Mann Co. Store.

"Why aren't people doing this?" Kids ask there parents to buy them keys from the store with REAL money. Parents do it a couple times, but then stop and realize that you shouldn't spend this much money on a game. Then the kids trade for keys!

BUT THERE'S ANOTHER WAY!

If everybody just started to sell and buy keys around 2.55 ref, that would reset the system. But when I say, "Everybody," I mean everybody. People don't want to sell keys at 2.55 ref when they can get up to 6! But this man... Has started.

A Key to Hope

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/13512689#p43753959

Please, he has set an example that all must follow. It will take sacrifice, but in the long run, it's worth it.

It start with YOU!

You are probably wondering, "Why are keys so high in price?" Well, there are a couple reasons.

#1, Steam Market: Steam Market is cheaper than Mann Co. Store and very few new keys are in circulation

#2, Idlers: More and more people are getting items everyday, which get crafted into refined. The more refined there is, the lower the price. People then decide to, "Idle," (being AFK and getting items) and get items without playing the game.

#3, Demand: Keys demand is higher than ever, so people will pay more to get it!

"How do we get keys to drop in price?" You must buy them from the Mann Co. Store.

"Why aren't people doing this?" Kids ask there parents to buy them keys from the store with REAL money. Parents do it a couple times, but then stop and realize that you shouldn't spend this much money on a game. Then the kids trade for keys!

BUT THERE'S ANOTHER WAY!

If everybody just started to sell and buy keys around 2.55 ref, that would reset the system. But when I say, "Everybody," I mean everybody. People don't want to sell keys at 2.55 ref when they can get up to 6! But this man... Has started.

A Key to Hope

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/13512689#p43753959

Please, he has set an example that all must follow. It will take sacrifice, but in the long run, it's worth it.

It start with YOU!

#1 and 2 are both wrong. The main reason for the increase is speculation. 

And even if you could convince people to sell at 2.66 Ref, a lot of people (myself included) would buy em all up and just wait till there all gone, and sell em at 6 ref, and i can assure you, i wouldn't be the only. 

Oh, and heres a surprise, you're broke.  *GASP*

• Like 1

You can not even afford a key. I'm not sure if you are the right person to be telling people how to trade in TF2

I have a serious addiction. I'm addicted to crate opening. It's a hard to break a cycle, but I've been playing this game for about 2 years, over 450 hours played, I think I have some experience.

I have a serious addiction. I'm addicted to crate opening. It's a hard to break a cycle, but I've been playing this game for about 2 years, over 450 hours played, I think I have some experience.

I've been trading for 2 years, touched every part of the economy there is, made several thousand dollars, and have over 2600 hours (albeit mostly from idling).

Bye.

So since 6 refined added into the range i've seeing more and more 6.11 Trades overtime.

You know when lowering the price or low-end we talk about that quicksell thing. This is the high end version.

This is mainly made for changing HIGH-ENDs

If you're exprienced with keys you know what will happen:

6.11 Trades will take over tf2autpost

5.77 will be taken out of the range

6.11 will be added

6.22 Trades will take over outpost

5.88 will be removed.

6.22 Will be added 

Same logic continiues.

Note: Since high-end is uptaded the last time i guess its time for deleting the low end. We'll see in couple of hours.

But as you know it always goes up by 1 scrap because of these "Profit trades"

And its not like a "We need to uptade these prices or we will inform people wrong" thing.

So i suggest something called "Profit range" I couldnt think of a worse name but let me explain:

Since the 1-Week-Cooldown rule added to the key suggestion. People just keep waiting 1 week so they can increase the price the price by 1 scrap.

Why always 1 scrap? Because theres not like a big thing going on with keys. Just common profit trades. But they're being used for increasing the price of keys. And thats so wrong. Thats not even a "minor" change.

Its like a forced change.

"Oh! It's been a week already? BAM. Suggestion made by increasing the price by 1 scrap. There you go."

So about that "profit range" thingy: So lets say our price is 5.55-5.66. Admins should make a rule that you can extend the 

high-end by minimum 2 scraps. Which is 5.88.  You KNOW there always be trades that's price higher by 1 scrap. But 2 scraps? Did you see that many 2 scrap difference successes?  If that 2 scrap difference really happens in a week without any key suggestions made, I guess you can call that a minor change. That keys are actually increasing without being forced.

No. This is just stupid. If a 1 scrap change is more accurate, list the 1 scrap change

I can't call it accurate. But i said. A forced change.

Did you mean disabling the suggestions if the change in price is only 1 scrap? (excuse me if I'm being stupid but I just want to clarify that)

Did you mean disabling the suggestions if the change in price is only 1 scrap? (excuse me if I'm being stupid but I just want to clarify that)

The high-end. Yes. Because if you've realized people are seriously camping just to wait for 1 week to pass. Then just throw bunch of low-success links with -it happens anyways- logic which is not fast enough for a currency item. Meanwhile it takes admins 3-5 days to decide people see the links, get affected from them and in result more people start to sell for higher

6.11 will be added

5.88 will be removed.

6.22 Will be added  

Thats how all items go up in price. Its not some key specific thing. So i agree with how high is added and low end is removed. Even bmoc is doing that right now haha

Because to be honest 6 is the low end now. And the only reason it isnt listed as such currently is because bptf lags it and do it to avoid more blame then they are already receiving. And this isnt a good position as it is only helpin experienced traders and not helpin new traders. New traders need to know that their keys can get more metal. 

Im fine with scrap changes because on keys it really does matter. On other items its pointless. But it would be nice if we wait for 6-6.33 rather then the coming up 5.88-6-6.11

6.11 will be added

5.88 will be removed.

6.22 Will be added  

Thats how all items go up in price. Its not some key specific thing. So i agree with how high is added and low end is removed. Even bmoc is doing that right now haha

Because to be honest 6 is the low end now. And the only reason it isnt listed as such currently is because bptf lags it and do it to avoid more blame then they are already receiving. And this isnt a good position as it is only helpin experienced traders and not helpin new traders. New traders need to know that their keys can get more metal. 

Im fine with scrap changes because on keys it really does matter. On other items its pointless. But it would be nice if we wait for 6-6.33 rather then the coming up 5.88-6-6.11

6.33 is already quite possible, and less than 6 is pretty much impossible. 

I was talking about increasing prices. 

I'm on topic.

Anyway, the only thing this'd do would just be slowing down the rate at which keys increase, I doubt it'd make it completely stop.

I'm on topic.

Anyway, the only thing this'd do would just be slowing down the rate at which keys increase, I doubt it'd make it completely stop.

I dont care if it stops it. I just want it to reflect real changes instead of forced changes