The key price thread

base64

181 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keys Go Up Or Down? Would They Help The Economy If They Are Higher?

• Up / Yes
    • Down / No

Because of the July 11, 2013 patch, idling has come to an end (for those people who want to generate metal everyday), as a result, keys are now stabilized for a week or two. What do you guys think? Is it still possible that keys' prices will go down soon?  :)

3QS82.png

I doubt keys will go down just yet, there are still many people buying keys for 5.77+ (I also heard some key bots were buying for 5.88 ref?)

If keys do go down, it will probably take a couple of months. Maybe more depending on how everything plays out.

(I also heard some key bots were buying for 5.88 ref?)

They went back to 5.77 after getting flooded with keys. Its still pretty easy to sell for 5.88 on outpost though.

this sounds promising. i wouldnt mind it being stable or dropping because i usually get scared when i have 100-200 ref in my backpack. since i can lose out on quite a lot. so i usually buy stable items bound to the key market.

have people already forgotten about how trade.tf froze at values before?

No, keys will not go down soon.  The fact that idling has been killed (for now) does not have an immediate effect on the market.

Actually idling isn't dead, but the idle farms are dead/dying.

You can still idle with minuscule increases to resource usage over textmode with launch options etc. Utilizing third party macro programs it can be done quite easily now. 

Well, over here in BP.TF, we're in the midst of the longest key suggestion drought since keys were 2.66. I'd take that as a promising sign.

Its not actually stable at all. There are plenty of people/bots paying 5.77 refined and reselling for 5.88 refined no problem. Here's Swag [inc] on how the median price is calculated: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/trade_tf/discussions/0/810924133958252441 (a little old, from back when the graph was stuck at 5 refined and people thought the same thing even though there were plenty of buyers for higher)

If 1000 users do item-item trades with a key considered at 5 ref and 500 do pure key-metal trades for 5.11 ref, the median value is still 5 ref. Medians are very stable unlike unprocessed averages. See the FAQ for more details (section L1 vs L2): http://trade.tf/faq#spreadsheet-math

a.k.a. 5 refined will still show up as the stable, flat price on trade.tf, even if half of the trades are taking place above that price.

The last time it did this was a little while after crate 56-57 were introduced. For a two week period or so it stablized. Coincidently, the volume of keys in the market declined like now also. The volume is down 30k from earlier this month. The price will rise but likely slower. Depends on how mass idling goes. I stoped idling, its easier to profit trade for me.

No, keys will not go down soon.  The fact that idling has been killed (for now) does not have an immediate effect on the market.

it has stabilized and looked like that before.

It'll go up a but more.

(5.33 ref stabilizer)

jymotion read my post?

It doesn't freeze. Did anyone even read what I posted straight from the 'mouth' of Swag [inc]?

It doesn't freeze. Did anyone even read what I posted straight from the 'mouth' of Swag [inc]?

didn't mean it literally.  it "seemingly" froze.

besides, I posted that before you quoted him haha

With The Price of Bud is down. Keys would be likely 5 Refined to 4.66 Refined :(

You added me on steam a few days ago and then went offline for a day and wouldn't respond to my messages, so I unadded you. Care to explain that?

You added me on steam a few days ago and then went offline for a day and wouldn't respond to my messages, so I unadded you. Care to explain that?

Your nubness scared him off

cuz you are a sunshine king