The key price thread

base64

181 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keys Go Up Or Down? Would They Help The Economy If They Are Higher?

• Up / Yes
    • Down / No

U7PEPtu.png

oh that one moment I'm lurking through the forums

If I had known about this thread I wouldn't have bothered looking for proof for my suggestion, damn it's awfully bad.

Explain?

I am sorry, I never responded to this. 6.33 is how much ref it takes to equal a key sold on paypal or steam market. The 7.33 number is the amount of ref it takes to equal the key from mannco store. These r based on the paypal price of ref not changing much.

Why is it that people reject suggestions lowering the key price or expanding the range downward by saying "x is a quicksell and doesn't count." If it's an exchange of currency, how can it be a quicksell? By that logic, any change downward will always be rejected, causing sales to continually move upward.

because any key 5.66 or less sells in a minute.

Yes, but it's a currency. How could that be a quicksell?

Do buds sell at 22 keys instantly? No. Do they sell somewhat fast at 21.5 (like keys at 5.77 ref). Yes. Do they sell as fast at 21 as keys at 5.66 ref or below. Yes.

PS: Correct bud price atm would be something like 21.5-22 but there no decimal key prices on buds at bp.tf.

A quicksell implies that you wanted/needed to forgoe what you could get for less in order to receive pure faster.

EDIT: Any item that is rising in value is quicksold at a price very close to its trade rate. An item that is droping in value must be quick bought well below current well below current trade rate.

Items that sell quickly are not automatically quicksells.  Ex. Go on any trade server.  Any.  Someone says, "Selling a key for 5.77," and gets traded immediately. 

Conclusion: 5.77 is a quicksell price and the real price of keys is 6 to 6.33 Keys are a currency and will sell quickly at most reasonable prices.  

I don't think that key price increase has anything to do with the paypal/community/mannco market or amount of refined metal, even if the numbers correlate (correlation = causation right?).  I think it more stems from greed and the fact that most people are not willing to break even or take a scrap loss on keys they've purchased, even if they're willing to take a bigger loss on different items.  And they know that eventually, because of demand and trends, keys will be higher in price.  So instead of selling keys for a reasonable price, they complain about rising key prices while continuing to be part of the problem. 

Also, a really good way to bring key prices down would be for Valve to run a key sale for a week or two.  Something like, buy 5 or more and they're $1.49/ea.  

Lol, When I was going through those key's trades in Autpost, most of them are selling at 5.99 each. And so, I wanted more information and finally, I found a trade which explains it.

Link:http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/13634115

Isn't 5 refined, 9 scraps / 5 refined, 2 reclaimed and 3 scraps = 6 ref? In logic, yes, 0.33 multiply by 9 equals 0.99, but there is no such thing as 0.99 in Team Fortress 2. Nowadays, people are just making their own prices, like 0.99 keys.

Damn, I'm still laughing because of this. Sharing it to all of you :)

In logic, yes, 0.33 multiply by 9 equals 0.99, but there is no such thing as 0.99 in Team Fortress 2. 

Yes, because is not .11, or .33, or .99. Its .1111111111111111111111..., .3333333333333333..., .999999999999999...

• Like 2

Yes, because is not .11, or .33, or .99. Its .1111111111111111111111..., .3333333333333333..., .999999999999999...

0.99999... = 1

• Like 2

The guy In that trade wants 5.99 because it makes it easier for the bot to make trades. If he sells all of his keys and has only refined left, he can't buy any keys because he can't pay .88, or 2 reclaimed and 2 scrap. Since it's a bot, he can't smelt the refined.

But yes, 5.99 = 6

Also, a really good way to bring key prices down would be for Valve to run a key sale for a week or two.  Something like, buy 5 or more and they're $1.49/ea.  

Yeah, completely devalue thousands of peoples backpacks so you can buy a couple extra keys with metal. Sounds good.