The Backpack.tf Newsletter

λngelღмander

Posted · Hidden by OverduePixels, April 20, 2015 - Posts hidden to make the thread cleaner.
Hidden by OverduePixels, April 20, 2015 - Posts hidden to make the thread cleaner.

One day I'll make it on here as well.

Just gotta dream big and hope you can avoid being completely disappointed later when things don't turn out your way.

This is profound, despite the strange attraction to acquainting oneself with the camera.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by OverduePixels, April 20, 2015 - Posts hidden to make the thread cleaner.
Hidden by OverduePixels, April 20, 2015 - Posts hidden to make the thread cleaner.

Here's a headline for you to run tomorrow.

Utsoob calls it quits! Head Editorial guy packs his bags and goes off to do other things. He still on the forums, just not on the freakin' newsletter anymore.

Here's a headline for you to run tomorrow.

Utsoob calls it quits! Head Editorial guy packs his bags and goes off to do other things. He still on the forums, just not on the freakin' newsletter anymore.

I'm really sorry that you're quitting utsoob, I needed more people like you, not less. :(

I'm going to end up writing a good chunk of the editorials, which is fine with me, but I wanted to involve the forums in it more, I wanted it to be the FORUMS talking to the people, not ME talking to the people. Others will grow weary of my opinions, but having other people to read the thoughts of will keep it interesting.

If you ever decide to come back, I'd welcome you in open arms.

I'm really sorry that you're quitting utsoob, I needed more people like you, not less. :(

I'm going to end up writing a good chunk of the editorials, which is fine with me, but I wanted to involve the forums in it more, I wanted it to be the FORUMS talking to the people, not ME talking to the people. Others will grow weary of my opinions, but having other people to read the thoughts of will keep it interesting.

If you ever decide to come back, I'd welcome you in open arms.

Did something happen with Utsoob? He seems kinda angry.

Did something happen with Utsoob? He seems kinda angry.

I know why, but I don't think he wants to discuss it, or wants me to discuss it.

Posted · Hidden by polar, April 14, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, April 14, 2015 - No reason given

He can discuss it, you son of a bitch.

I want some damn compensation for what I work my tail off for. And to think that the things I worked my fucking ass off, and keep in mind I actually had a regular column of this stuff, is hidden behind a fucking spoiler tag every time we need a new week. I mean I know we need space for these things, but hell there's no real response from anyone besides the occasional compliment from Angelmander

Also, speaking of AngelMander, lets talk about that guy. In the few weeks I've known him, he's been nothing but a bother and just like a child for every single fucking thing I was writing on. "Oh Utsoob can you write on this", "Oh Soob I need a editorial by X, no pressure but I really need this", "Oh Utsoob you're so awesome, can you write on z for me please! Pretty please!" I mean Jesus mate, even fucking successful authors and the like don't get annoyed as much as I did by you. In fact, I am certain that the only person that gets hounded more by Angel is one of Scrap.tf's fucking trading bots.

Speaking of annoying things, lets not even mention the amount of fucking backtalk that was said about the first guy. Angel loved calling him a "Jackass" and a "poser", cause he wrote a sort of odd opinion piece. I liked it, it was a odd choice for it sure. But fuck me, the amount of things I could have gotten pasted in here from the first week or so was just venomous. I don't even want to know what the hell you say, when your talking to the other guys about me when I can't respond. I bet that first guy also feels really great that you also deleted his opinion piece as well, but then again we never seen him around since then.

Plus even then, there's just nothing to write on! I mean I know the reporters try to choose the more interesting stories, but fuck me there's just nothing there! I chose Charity.tf and the FtC thing because I just had nothing else to write about! The only thing I really wrote about that was technically on the thing was the buds thing, and even then it was just a bunch of rich and poor blokes having a slap fight at each other. I get it, its a trader's newsletter, but fuck me choose something actually worth writing on, rather than just "X user got a Y long ban for Z reason by Cleverkip today" or "Someone's forum topic got shut down". That stuff was better in status updates!

And you know what, that's it. We're done here. Put this in a opinion column.

He can discuss it.

I want some damn compensation for what I work my tail off for. And to think that the things I worked my fucking ass off, and keep in mind I actually had a regular column of this stuff, is hidden behind a fucking spoiler tag every time we need a new week. I mean I know we need space for these things, but hell there's no real response from anyone besides the occasional compliment from Angelmander

Also, speaking of AngelMander, lets talk about that guy. In the few weeks I've known him, he's been nothing but a bother and just like a child for every single fucking thing I was writing on. "Oh Utsoob can you write on this", "Oh Soob I need a editorial by X, no pressure but I really need this", "Oh Utsoob you're so awesome, can you write on z for me please! Pretty please!" I mean Jesus mate, even fucking successful authors and the like don't get annoyed as much as I did by you. In fact, I am certain that the only person that gets hounded more by Angel is one of Scrap.tf's fucking trading bots.

Speaking of annoying things, lets not even mention the amount of fucking backtalk that was said about the first guy. Angel loved calling him a "Jackass" and a "poser", cause he wrote a sort of odd opinion piece. I liked it, it was a odd choice for it sure. But fuck me, the amount of things I could have gotten pasted in here from the first week or so was just venomous. I don't even want to know what the hell you say, when your talking to the other guys about me when I can't respond. I bet that first guy also feels really great that you also deleted his opinion piece as well, but then again we never seen him around since then.

Plus even then, there's just nothing to write on! I mean I know the reporters try to choose the more interesting stories, but fuck me there's just nothing there! I chose Charity.tf and the FtC thing because I just had nothing else to write about! The only thing I really wrote about that was technically on the thing was the buds thing, and even then it was just a bunch of rich and poor blokes having a slap fight at each other. I get it, its a trader's newsletter, but fuck me choose something actually worth writing on, rather than just "X user got a Y long ban for Z reason by Cleverkip today" or "Someone's forum topic got shut down". That stuff was better in status updates!

And that's it. We're done here.

I'm sorry you felt hounded or annoyed, I only asked you for them because I thought you liked writing them. I knew you were uneasy about having your work hidden behind spoilers, but that is literally the only way to keep it all in one post without running out of room. 

And the first guy, who I removed the editorial from, I did so because he flipped out on me for putting his work inside a spoiler. Keep in mind that the things that are spoilered are still read, everything I write also ends up in a spoiler. 

Anyway, as I said before, sorry about all that. I tend to have a hard time judging people, I had no idea you felt that way. And by the way, nothing I can remember saying behind your back was ever negative. I discuss things with people, of course, but only positive things. I really liked the work you did, and I never had anything mean to say about you man.

Plus, the comment about "that stuff was better in status updates", I want you to consider the fact that status updates are fleeting, and people who are looking to catch up on recent news can't if they have to go through status updates to do so. Having a dedicated thread to it means it's always in one place, always accessible.

I really like this and enjoy reading the topics, even behind spoilers

λngelღмander and Utsoob, I can see all of the work you guys have put into it and it truly is a big accomplishment. 

Looks like the limits on staff might take a toll on the quantity of these articles, however they still depict backpack.tf and what goes on

Keep up the good work. I realize that it takes a lot of time, so if its too hard for you guys, especially λngelღмander who orchestrates the whole thing, maybe you guys can eliminate smaller events altogether 

p.s. nice editorial notes (especially utsoob's and λngelღмander)

I'm sorry you felt hounded or annoyed, I only asked you for them because I thought you liked writing them. I knew you were uneasy about having your work hidden behind spoilers, but that is literally the only way to keep it all in one post without running out of room. 

And the first guy, who I removed the editorial from, I did so because he flipped out on me for putting his work inside a spoiler. Keep in mind that the things that are spoilered are still read, everything I write also ends up in a spoiler. 

Anyway, as I said before, sorry about all that. I tend to have a hard time judging people, I had no idea you felt that way. And by the way, nothing I can remember saying behind your back was ever negative. I discuss things with people, of course, but only positive things. I really liked the work you did, and I never had anything mean to say about you man.

Plus, the comment about "that stuff was better in status updates", I want you to consider the fact that status updates are fleeting, and people who are looking to catch up on recent news can't if they have to go through status updates to do so. Having a dedicated thread to it means it's always in one place, always accessible.

Lets break this down. Angel's stuff is bolded cause quotes broke.

I know you needed space, and I know you wanted to keep it in a single post. But do you honestly think that just poking someone to ask if someone is done with something is a good idea? No, its not! Half the time, especially on the FtC, I remember you sent like five messages, all of them containing the words "Hey, You, Done, FtC, opinion" and some various other filler words in there as well. I enjoyed the writing process of the whole thing, but the constant stream of "Hey are you done" messages just sucked the fun right out. You were like a child asking for the newest CoD in the christmas season man. Just a constant, non-stop message of the same fucking words.

Oh get the fuck outta here with that. You kept bitching about it even in the first few weeks. He prbably flipped the fuck out, cause you were acting like so immature and pissed off at him. You kept whinging how the whole thing didn't meet your standards, you insulted him behind his back, and overall just treated him like a dog toy to a extremely energetic puppy, just tearing at the guy constantly, because you thought it was funny. For that whole thing, you can go fuck right off to some other sap.

λngelღмander:

Dude, I want you just to read your last opinion article on here. You admitted the thing was just turning into a fucking ban list newsletter! Half the time, the reasons for the "different bans" can be explained by the three ban reasons: A. He scammed a bloke/traded with one B. Did something against forum/trade site rules, and either got perma'd or a temp'd, or C. Filled his warning points. Auroz did B&C. 32 did A. The only one that breaks the mold of these things is Rick James and some others, because they have some smoke and mirrors horseshit that only outpost and SR can see apparently. Its fucking ridiculous, if this was around with woodenhouse or SSJ5 or hell even Valleyforge with his 20 something alts. Status updates were meant for these things, and even then its just a simple "oh hey what happened with X", because thats how I found out about wooden got banned for flaming Rose.

These sorts of "new stories" are just fucking filler! Nothing more nothing less! Honestly the things that should be news on this week should be d0's thing, James, Debra, the Art board split, and me. No filler ban stories, just get to meat of what's new and interesting! Not for just some bloke who said something fucking stupid, just important things, and if it comes to bans, IMPORTANT ONES. Not just one day affairs for saying "Fuck off you piece of shit cancer"

And yeah. I'm done.

â– Debra had his steam account locked today, he cannot trade, use the market, or purchase games ever again. Say goodbye to a hellfire Team Captain. For any party interested, the method by which Debra earned the account lock was through the use of a market bot to automatically buy items being sold for an extreme discount. They traced all of his accounts through his IP, and banned them all.â–

Not them all. 5/4/2015 is when my next batch get market access and I have improved my method. My bot didn't buy items cheap btw, all I used it for was listing to scm.

Lets break this down.

I know you needed space, and I know you wanted to keep it in a single post. But do you honestly think that just poking someone to ask if someone is done with something is a good idea? No, its not! Half the time, especially on the FtC, I remember you sent like five messages, all of them containing the words "Hey, You, Done, FtC, opinion" and some various other filler words in there as well. I enjoyed the writing process of the whole thing, but the constant stream of "Hey are you done" messages just sucked the fun right out. You were like a child asking for the newest CoD in the christmas season man. Just a constant, non-stop message of the same fucking words.

Oh get the fuck outta here with that. You kept bitching about it even in the first few weeks. He prbably flipped the fuck out, cause you were acting like so immature and pissed off at him. You kept whinging how the whole thing didn't meet your standards, you insulted him behind his back, and overall just treated him like a dog toy to a extremely energetic puppy, just tearing at the guy constantly, because you thought it was funny. For that whole thing, you can go fuck right off to some other sap.

Dude, I want you just to read your last opinion article on here. You admitted the thing was just turning into a fucking ban list newsletter! Half the time, the reasons for the "different bans" can be explained by the three ban reasons: A. He scammed a bloke/traded with one B. Did something against forum/trade site rules, and either got perma'd or a temp'd, or C. Filled his warning points. Auroz did B&C. 32 did A. The only one that breaks the mold of these things is Rick James and some others, because they have some smoke and mirrors horseshit that only outpost and SR can see apparently. Its fucking rediculous, if this was around with woodenhouse or SSJ5 or hell even Valleyforge with his 20 something alts. Status updates were ment for these things, and even then its just a simple "oh hey what happened with X", beacsue thats how I found out about wooden got banned for flaming Rose. These sorts of "newstories" are just filler! Nothing more nothing less! Honestly the things that should be news on this week should be d0's thing, James, Debra, the Art board split, and me. No filler ban stories.

And yeah. I'm done.

I barely talked about the first guy at all after he quit. I don't even know where you're coming from with that, I talked about him once in a blue moon, no need to beat a dead horse. And there was never a stream of messages, I might have messaged you a couple of times at most, but that's because I also try to meet a deadline. 

I will repeat, I stopped talking about the first guy almost immediately after it happened, and you're way off base exaggerating about it like that. You can ask any of the other people on staff or who have been staff about it, I haven't really bothered to even think about it in weeks. And the ban list allegation, don't you think that community bans are important to people here? I mean, if that's all that is happening, maybe that's what they want to hear! It doesn't mean that it is useless to report on. 

Anyway, I'm going to leave it at that, this is going to get petty if we keep arguing. Let's just let it go, set our differences aside. Battling about it here gets us nowhere.

Ayy lmao my posts on here are gone. I worked hard on explaining my reasons for leaving. I guess mander and company can't take a guy who wants to explain why he left so suddenly even if he wants to discuss it.

I know why, but I don't think he wants to discuss it, or wants me to discuss it.

Remember to talk about the Ghastly Ghosts Whoopee suggestion

Sorry for not having any news to add, but I think this is a great idea! I have not been overly active on these forums and seeing all this information is really helpful, I think :D

Keep up the good work Angel Mander and all other reporters :wub:

Btw I'm unbanned today

April 17 Gent's moderator application was denied today, after being open for quite a while. In a sincere and thoughtful message, Polar conveyed his support of gent in his efforts, and in a way that only the most vicious bear could do, let him down easily.â– Refined metal rose, defying all expectations from the community. Baffling as it may be to believe, an item that is constantly in production, like money in the Weimar republic, managed to rise.â– ForteSP, known here as Rosalina, claims to have laid an end to his activity in the anti-fraud community. He intends to completely stop reporting and responding to reports on SteamRep and FoG.â– Steam has updated free account privileges. No longer can free accounts add friends, take part in group chats, or engage in a litany of other activities. In order to gain these privileges, one must spend at least five dollars on the steam store, or have added five dollars to their account. In other words, phishers now have to spend five dollars on every account in order to add people to phish them. Bane or boon for the steam community?â– Kitteh was temporarily banned on outpost for using alts to evade his outpost and trade bans within the duration of his original ban.
April 18 The backpack.tf service medal contest ended today, and λngelღмander won.

Weekly Editorial #8 A recap of this last week's events - An editorial by Captain Caboose
9b7bcf1b28c2407c7d2997c0351ca980.png An accompanying photo
Nonetheless, bans weren't all there was to talk about this week. The Art Lounge was split up! YAY! :D I was hoping for this because I personally like to read Musical topics and now they are easier to find. Moving onward, Baloo tried to get mod on bazaar and he retracted because, he can’t be a mod on outpost and bazaar at the same time, which is funny because bazaar would be 10 times less full of shit with Baloo running around closing trades. Next up, Debra got got by Valve for using a market bot to buy items for cheap and Valve, being the wizard that it is, traced his IP and banned all his other accounts. My god rest Debra’s soul *cue somber music*. I’d also like to address why I am doing the editorial and not Utsoob. Utsoob seemingly snapped with Angel about a story that he needed to write for the newsletter. Moving forwards, a thread was made to point out favoritism among other players and mentions why some mods are more reluctant to give warning points to certain player, which seems douche but could be rationalized if they have reason. I don’t think that mods should be bias, like judges, should be impartial to one another . In admin/mod news Gent’s application was denied, Gent is a hard worker and deserves to be where he is now but someone think he just isnt ready for the mod life. I don’t like to jump to conclusions but I reckon it was due to his pointing of fingers in the thread about favoritism. Refined metal rose. ForteSP or Rosalina left the anti fraud batting diamond, may FOG rest your soul. Lastly, Steam introduced a new rule that all accounts must spend $5 to become a full account and do everything as normal but without doing so, your account will be limited to certain tasks. As of today, It seems that all older accounts that have spent $5 in the past have been given full accounts. I hope this stops phishers and scammers because I’m done with them. In today’s news, Geel became the new forum meme because of Jake’s obsession. And that's all for today, folks!

April 17 Gent's moderator application was denied today, after being open for quite a while. In a sincere and thoughtful message, Polar conveyed his support of gent in his efforts, and in a way that only the most vicious bear could do, let him down easily.â– Refined metal rose, defying all expectations from the community. Baffling as it may be to believe, an item that is constantly in production, like money in the Weimar republic, managed to rise.â– ForteSP, known here as Rosalina, claims to have laid an end to his activity in the anti-fraud community. He intends to completely stop reporting and responding to reports on SteamRep and FoG.â– Steam has updated free account privileges. No longer can free accounts add friends, take part in group chats, or engage in a litany of other activities. In order to gain these privileges, one must spend at least five dollars on the steam store, or have added five dollars to their account. In other words, phishers now have to spend five dollars on every account in order to add people to phish them. Bane or boon for the steam community?â– Kitteh was temporarily banned on outpost for using alts to evade his outpost and trade bans within the duration of his original ban.

April 18 The backpack.tf service medal contest ended today, and λngelღмander won.

Weekly Editorial #8 A recap of this last week's events - An editorial by Captain Caboose

9b7bcf1b28c2407c7d2997c0351ca980.png An accompanying photo

Nonetheless, bans weren't all there was to talk about this week. The Art Lounge was split up! YAY! :D I was hoping for this because I personally like to read Musical topics and now they are easier to find. Moving onward, Baloo tried to get mod on bazaar and he retracted because, he can’t be a mod on outpost and bazaar at the same time, which is funny because bazaar would be 10 times less full of shit with Baloo running around closing trades. Next up, Debra got got by Valve for using a market bot to buy items for cheap and Valve, being the wizard that it is, traced his IP and banned all his other accounts. My god rest Debra’s soul *cue somber music*. I’d also like to address why I am doing the editorial and not Utsoob. Utsoob seemingly snapped with Angel about a story that he needed to write for the newsletter. Moving forwards, a thread was made to point out favoritism among other players and mentions why some mods are more reluctant to give warning points to certain player, which seems douche but could be rationalized if they have reason. I don’t think that mods should be bias, like judges, should be impartial to one another . In admin/mod news Gent’s application was denied, Gent is a hard worker and deserves to be where he is now but someone think he just isnt ready for the mod life. I don’t like to jump to conclusions but I reckon it was due to his pointing of fingers in the thread about favoritism. Refined metal rose. ForteSP or Rosalina left the anti fraud batting diamond, may FOG rest your soul. Lastly, Steam introduced a new rule that all accounts must spend $5 to become a full account and do everything as normal but without doing so, your account will be limited to certain tasks. As of today, It seems that all older accounts that have spent $5 in the past have been given full accounts. I hope this stops phishers and scammers because I’m done with them. In today’s news, Geel became the new forum meme because of Jake’s obsession. And that's all for today, folks!

Nice summary.

¿Donde es la editorial en esto?

Nice summary.

¿Donde es la editorial en esto?

Did you not notice how I titled it? That title is of my own creation, because I could think of no other apt name for it. It is not permanent, we will have something better soon.

Nice summary.

¿Donde es la editorial en 

fien

Awesome interview, 10/10

Could have just told you in steam convo, but just wanted to get the post count, wait wot

Awesome interview, 10/10

Could have just told you in steam convo, but just wanted to get the post count, wait wot

u wot 79f1941f82d91cc9ddf2a7fc46807e1e.png

Archived