backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

0.0.17 is released which fixes a few issues, update recommended for everyone -- it will now discard trades with "invalid items" with a stuck notification for you, so you won't miss out on trades because of that steam bug anymore.

hi

quick question: could you separte the trade log from the functionality log? username.log gets pretty huge due to 'loading inventories' issue and it's almost imposibile to see what's been sold.

My bot.js has last been modified on Oct 31, so this might have been fixed yet. I have these log entries from a trade offer that tried to get Garry's Mod from me:

29:55 - info: steam: 1 trade offer pending.
29:56 - info: [196978445] Checking offer from [id64 removed]...
30:06 - info: [196978445] Asked: 5 earbuds 171 keys 20 refined (). Offered: 2 keys
30:06 - info: [196978445] Skipping: This offer does not match any backpack.tf listing.

Really weird.

But I'll install a new version now.

Did you know that there is a trade history on steam? http://steamcommunity.com/my/inventoryhistory/

yes, i do know about that...but it's easier to check a log than that. anyway, was just a suggetion.

the latest version is rejecting some trades that instatead of ignoring them (buying trades or trades sent for items with other IDs).

to be more precise, i'm selling a kringle for 6 ref on outpost and list in classifieds a level 42 kringle for 1 key. someone sent an offer for the regular item for 6 refs and the bot declined it. also it declined stuff that people sent to me from my outpost buying trades.

3rd issue: 2 items listed on outpost, not listed in classifieds - the bot declined a trade sent them both of them instead of ignoring it

i've reverted back to the old version for now

yes, i do know about that...but it's easier to check a log than that. anyway, was just a suggetion.

the latest version is rejecting some trades that instatead of ignoring them (buying trades or trades sent for items with other IDs).

to be more precise, i'm selling a kringle for 6 ref on outpost and list in classifieds a level 42 kringle for 1 key. someone sent an offer for the regular item for 6 refs and the bot declined it. also it declined stuff that people sent to me from my outpost buying trades.

3rd issue: 2 items listed on outpost, not listed in classifieds - the bot declined a trade sent them both of them instead of ignoring it

i've reverted back to the old version for now

Please provide logs showing that happening.  The bot will "decline" trades that contain items that are no longer available. I am pretty sure the above is that exactly, someone sent you an offer for an item you were not selling in classifieds and after a while the person used their ref to buy something else, so it became unavailable. The bot discards these trades so they aren't stuck in "pending" notification while invalid. The other case is declining trades from banned/tagged scammers. The bot will not decline any other kind of trades.

Anyone with 401/403s trying to load inventory please update to 0.0.18 and/or run npm install it looks like steam only wants https now, so node-steam-tradeoffers module was updated to reflect that.

Please provide logs showing that happening.  The bot will "decline" trades that contain items that are no longer available. I am pretty sure the above is that exactly, someone sent you an offer for an item you were not selling in classifieds and after a while the person used their ref to buy something else, so it became unavailable. The bot discards these trades so they aren't stuck in "pending" notification while invalid. The other case is declining trades from banned/tagged scammers. The bot will not decline any other kind of trades.

unfortunately, i dont have a log from last night anymore because, as i said, i used .16 for the last few hours. now i've downloaded .18 - will post here if will happen again

unfortunately, i dont have a log from last night anymore because, as i said, i used .16 for the last few hours. now i've downloaded .18 - will post here if will happen again

All logs go to your username.log in the folder where you installed, unless you deleted everything ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

since you cannot set a scrap to trade for at Backpack.tf is there a way I can put a snipit into the code to always accept 2 weapons for 1 scrap? if I do run the bot on a cloud then I would like to be able to reload weapons from another account without logging into said bot's account.

(hidden)

Is that too difficult to understand?

You could have just said it meant it wouldn't show anything, no need to be a dick about it. Thought that meant it would become bullet points or asteriks or something. Geez...

Now I get this, but I looked it my folder, and it's all there...

post-11659-0-25981700-1415490313_thumb.png

You could have just said it meant it wouldn't show anything, no need to be a dick about it. Thought that meant it would become bullet points or asteriks or something. Geez...

Now I get this, but I looked it my folder, and it's all there...

I get a specific error when I start the bot, what does it mean? Error: The specified module could not be found. Something about ursaNative.bin

If you are running Windows, you probably didn't follow the steps above. Make sure you have installed OpenSSL. Install the full version, not the light. (Look for Win64 OpenSSL v1.0.1i) You might also need the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributables package from the same page, it will let you know if you need it when you try to install OpenSSL.

• Install OpenSSL (Install the FULL version and ensure you allow the files to go in your system folder when prompted. You may also need to install this if you don't have Visual Studio installed.)

I get a specific error when I start the bot, what does it mean? Error: The specified module could not be found. Something about ursaNative.bin

If you are running Windows, you probably didn't follow the steps above. Make sure you have installed OpenSSL. Install the full version, not the light. (Look for Win64 OpenSSL v1.0.1i) You might also need the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributables package from the same page, it will let you know if you need it when you try to install OpenSSL.

• Install OpenSSL (Install the FULL version and ensure you allow the files to go in your system folder when prompted. You may also need to install this if you don't have Visual Studio installed.)

I had already installed both links, the correct OpenSSL one, but I did it again... same error.

The bot already accepts 2 craftable weapons as 1 scrap.

but not FOR 1 scrap. I want to take my alt and trade 2 weapons for 1 scrap and have the bot auto accept. it cannot do this because looking at backpack.tf it thinks it's an invalid trade.

I had already installed both links, the correct OpenSSL one, but I did it again... same error.

if you are running a 64bit system OS then make sure you're installing the 64bit versions of the programs, and restart the computer after.

if you are running a 64bit system OS then make sure you're installing the 64bit versions of the programs, and restart the computer after.

Also make sure when you install to allow the files to go in system directory

Hey, I get this error all the time.  Does anyone know why and how can i fix this? (attatched picture)

Looking forward for a helping answer.

Simone

post-14116-0-74005000-1415496594_thumb.png

Thanks, trying that

Hey, I get this error all the time. Does anyone know why and how can i fix this? (attatched picture)

Looking forward for a helping answer.

Simone

wait a while and try again, that's just steam guard being stupid

wait a while and try again, that's just steam guard being stupid

it took mine about 12 hours to quit with that error.