backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

I updated the script, I am thinking the issue you had there was a different one after all, you probably accepted a trade offer while it was trying to accept it and then it lost access to the backpack (private inventory) since it was no longer a valid offer. Update to 0.0.16 and you should be good for that one. Thanks.

Thanks for the update, it has been running very smoothly for the last couple of days. Looks like Steam Guard needed the full week to cool down in the end which was frustrating but not the end of the world.

i allready asked for that on bitbucket issues but he said i should change that myself. he said it one might called a scammer for that and one would only need to change == to >= somewhere in the code.

https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic/issue/13/three-questions-suggestions

I've made a change to my script so that extra ref are accepted, although I'm yet to have anyone offer extra to verify it works yet. If anyone else wants to try, you'll need to edit the bot.js file and alter the following line (around 651):

myrefined === refined && // matching currencies

to

myrefined <= refined && // matching or more currencies

You'll need to restart the script for this to take affect obviously.

(make these changes at your own risk, no warranty or support supplied)

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question (which it probably is), but does this work for trade offers coming from places other than backpack.tf? Like trade offers from friends, and from people using the regular trade offer link.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question (which it probably is), but does this work for trade offers coming from places other than backpack.tf? Like trade offers from friends, and from people using the regular trade offer link.

yes it works with any offer as long as it matches what you asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering, is there anyway to make the bot ignore trades which can no longer be accepted? Like when items are not Unavailable For Trade?

thanks in advance

2014-11-04_18-09-25.png

2014-11-04_18-10-05.png

There was an error in accepting multiple listings

Had to check the user. And do it myself

2014-11-04_18-10-42.png

Not sure what caused the error. Don't see others users claim it doesnt support multiple listings in one. 

If you had more than one identical items, it only works for the specific one you listed.

No idea how to copypasta the CMD text into here.

module.js:340

throw err;

^

Error: Cannot find module 'C:\Users\Peter Quinn\Desktop\Backpack.tf\bot\'

at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)

at startup (node.js:119:16)

at mode.js:906:3

Press any key to continue . . .

If I press a key it closes the CMD.

All help is appreciated

What were you trying to do? Could you also provide a screenshot?

If you had more than one identical items, it only works for the specific one you listed.

Ah. So it is ID specific ? Thought it was item specific, like it scans you have pink for sale and any can of paint you have works.

• Like 1

I've made a change to my script so that extra ref are accepted, although I'm yet to have anyone offer extra to verify it works yet. If anyone else wants to try, you'll need to edit the bot.js file and alter the following line (around 651):

to

Yep, I tried this out a while back, and it worked.

"You have logged in from a new device. In order to protect the items in your inventory, you will be unable to trade from this device for 7 days."

Got this message when I tried to trade with someone, obviously I'm not actually on a new device, I only logged in to bp.tf automatic... I've read a couple of things saying that the trade lockout might be lifted in a few hours, one of which was on this thread, does anyone else have experience of this?

Mine seemed to lock out then unlock but then locked for the full week in the end. I'd say anyone running this should expect the computer running the script to get SteamGuarded for a week, although some might be lucky enough not to trigger it.

So ideally, have another device ready that you can use in the meantime (I know it is too late now if you are already locked out).

Mine seemed to lock out then unlock but then locked for the full week in the end. I'd say anyone running this should expect the computer running the script to get SteamGuarded for a week, although some might be lucky enough not to trigger it.

So ideally, have another device ready that you can use in the meantime (I know it is too late now if you are already locked out).

Okay, thanks for the info. It seems to work now, I can send and accept trade offers, and I can use the trade window... I'm a bit fearful of turning automatic back on though, in case it triggers steam to lock me out for the full 7 days. I'm wondering whether or not it's possible for that to happen, since I already entered the steam guard code the first time I ran it

EDIT: I ran automatic again, but now I'm getting this over and over:

13:25:30 - debug: offers: 1 pending, 0 new received.

13:25:30 - debug: steam: web authentication 403, retrying
13:25:31 - info: Offer handling ready.
13:25:32 - debug: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf
13:25:32 - error: [194361979] Error: Insufficient privileges accepting offer - refreshing web cookies...
13:25:32 - info: Connecting to Steam Web...

Does anyone have any idea what to do to make it work?

Ah. So it is ID specific ? Thought it was item specific, like it scans you have pink for sale and any can of paint you have works.

Correct hence:

"Place the items you are selling at the beginning of your backpack so they are easier to find, especially if you have multiple identical items and only selling one. backpack.tf relies on the item id, so if the person sending you a trade offer picks the wrong item, the offer will not be automatically accepted as it will not be able to match your item. By placing it at the beginning of your backpack and then creating a listing for your item, you will ensure the proper item is easily accessible"

-https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic Found under "Running the application"

• Like 1

EDIT: I ran automatic again, but now I'm getting this over and over:

Does anyone have any idea what to do to make it work?

SteamGuard probably kicked in.

SteamGuard probably kicked in.

I can still trade manually though, so I guess it's only applying to the bp.tf automatic. Better than before at least, when it was stopping me from trading completely

to

Or better yet, add in a custom var for what you count keys as, and what you count buds as, and then delete all of that and replace it with:

var keyprice = 10
var budsprice = 15.3
myrefined + mykeys*keyprice + myearbuds*budsprice*keyprice <= refined + keys*keyprice + earbuds*budsprice*keyprice

That will count keys as 10 ref, buds as 15.3 keys, and allow you to interchange between them. So if your asking 9.88 ref and someone offers a key, it'll accept it.

Or better yet, add in a custom var for what you count keys as, and what you count buds as, and then delete all of that and replace it with:

var keyprice = 10
var budsprice = 15.3
myrefined + mykeys*keyprice + myearbuds*budsprice*keyprice <= refined + keys*keyprice + earbuds*budsprice*keyprice
That will count keys as 10 ref, buds as 15.3 keys, and allow you to interchange between them. So if your asking 9.88 ref and someone offers a key, it'll accept it.

However in most cases you dont really want 100 ref instead of 10 keys.

Using floats also only adds more inaccuracies and possible flaws.

However in most cases you dont really want 100 ref instead of 10 keys.

Using floats also only adds more inaccuracies and possible flaws.

Fair enough. There's always a trade off, I agree.