backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

I posted a 0.0.19b for those who use the full package, others just do npm install to update node-steam-tradeoffers. there's no actual change to the backpack.tf-automatic script, only the trade offers script was updated.

yeah I am still getting the same error I was getting before I tried re-installing a bunch of stuff nothing seems to be helping any ideas?

qbDeWdi.jpg

Are you downloading the correct version for your architecture (x64/x86)?

Are you downloading the correct version for your architecture (x64/x86)?

I am downloading these:

http://nodejs.org/

http://slproweb.com/download/Win32OpenSSL-1_0_1j.exe [Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)]

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15336 (OpenSSL 32-Bit)

and https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic/downloads/backpack.tf-automatic-0.0.19b-win-x86.zip (backpack.tf-automatic-0.0.19b-win-x86.zip)

also tried http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29 [Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)]

So... basically.. (based off my experience so far!)

The x64 version doesn't work, even with all the needed x64 libraries installed, I still had to remove both the x64 NodeJs and C++ in favour of the x86 ones. And installing Automatic prevents the Steam Client (and automatic itself, of course) from doing any kind of trade for 7 days. Is this all accurate? I just hope I won't have to re-login when updating, otherwise it's going to be a good pain in the ass.

The x64 version doesn't work, even with all the needed x64 libraries installed, I still had to remove both the x64 NodeJs and C++ in favour of the x86 ones. And installing Automatic prevents the Steam Client (and automatic itself, of course) from doing any kind of trade for 7 days. Is this all accurate? I just hope I won't have to re-login when updating, otherwise it's going to be a good pain in the ass.

Are you using the full package?

Wait those 7 days and hopefully it should settle.

backup settings.json

I have no sure if when I'm running bot it make my status online and also bump my trades here, knowing trade offers sent is automatic/instant accepted can when requesting heartbeat confirm i'm online and when get time to auto bump my trades in my case is 1hour do it?

I have no sure if when I'm running bot it make my status online and also bump my trades here, knowing trade offers sent is automatic/instant accepted can when requesting heartbeat confirm i'm online and when get time to auto bump my trades in my case is 1hour do it?

sadly no, heartbeat keeps that bolt icon near classified listing

as for auto-bump this was asked before - http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/20204-backpacktf-automatic-help-thread/page-3&do=findComment&comment=237617

Some stats as of Oct 20, 2014:

• 92 users have installed automatic

• 70 users successfully sold an item automatically

• 2649 users bought an item automatically

• 3560 completed trades

A month on, how about some updated stats?

Would be nice to have the current version number kept in the first post too (and a changelog even?)

Some personal stats:

Bot has accepted 1,481 offers since 21st Oct:

yA4LfsT.png

Are you using the full package?

I used the "lazy" installation method, I'm not sure if you're referring to that

Wait those 7 days and hopefully it should settle.

Yeah, well, I expected that. I just wished I could know in advance!

EDIT: It fixed iteself after 3 days... Both trading through Steam and Automatic seem to work  :blink:

backup settings.json

Thanks, will do!

When I double click one the 'automatic' file, and the window pops up, it gives me this message:

"'node' is not recognized as an internal or external command, program or batch file. Press any key to continue..."

But I followed the video step by step, clicking on the things he clicked.

How do I fix this?

I've had a problem a couple of times where it's not registering new trade offers. Steam has a problem (and I think everyone gets this issue) where if a trade offer is received but then the other party's items become not available, the trade offer remains as if it's just pending (but greyed out, without the option to accept/decline). This invalid trade can generally only be got rid of by receiving another trade offer. Unfortunately, automatic doesn't register this new trade offer since the number of pending trade offers appears not to have changed, so it doesn't bother to check, even if it's valid. Like I said, this has happened a couple of times for me, and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, or whether there's anything that can be done about it.

This problem's come back again, it's not discarding trade offers where the items aren't available any more. I've been running 0.0.19 (and 0.0.19b) for a while now, but this only started happening a day or so ago.

When I double click one the 'automatic' file, and the window pops up, it gives me this message:

"'node' is not recognized as an internal or external command, program or batch file. Press any key to continue..."

How do I fix this?

Make sure you have nodejs installed.

x86: http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.33/node.exe

x64: http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.33/x64/node.exe

This problem's come back again, it's not discarding trade offers where the items aren't available any more. I've been running 0.0.19 (and 0.0.19b) for a while now, but this only started happening a day or so ago.

Weird. I just checked and my bot declined invalid trade offer just as expected.

I have got it installed and all, but when I open it it tells me to press any key to continue, if I do that the bot closes, why?

Because it crashed. Copy/paste the full console output or make a screenshot.

Because it crashed. Copy/paste the full console output or make a screenshot.

Hmm, I've got it fixed now.

But is it supposed to make you unable to trade for 7 days? Because I can no longer trade with anyone on this PC.

But is it supposed to make you unable to trade for 7 days? Because I can no longer trade with anyone on this PC.

Some people don't have this problem, some do. All in all, try waiting 3-7 days and you should be able to trade again.

Some people get this, then close the bot and are able to trade again, try to run the bot in a day or two and see if steam guard has kicked in properly..

Some people get this, then close the bot and are able to trade again, try to run the bot in a day or two and see if steam guard has kicked in properly..

Regarding this issue, I couldn't get it to work for 2 days after the installation, then it worked perfectly for a whole day and when my network connection dropped today (and I saw it trying to connect to multiple IPs) it stopped working again. Same goes for the Steam client itself... 

How do I fix this?

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/20204-backpacktf-automatic-help-thread/page-10&do=findComment&comment=249422