backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Whenever I have automatic enabled, I'm unable to trade from my computer, it says for 7 days, like Steam Guard has tripped. Is there away around this, or will I not be able to trade for any 7 days after I start up the bot?

In case this is helpful for you or anyone else having similar problems - I started automatic for the first time more than 7 days ago, and it works fine for me now, I can manually accept trade offers as well. It seems that the 7 days thankfully starts when you first have to register the bot with Steam Guard, rather than every time you run it.

So, what editing did you do exactly? You were a bit vague before.

So whats up with backpack automatic rejecting trade offers? 

18:28:16 - debug: offers: 0 pending, 0 new received.
18:28:52 - info: steam: 1 trade offer pending.
18:28:52 - info: [203633887] Checking offer from 76561198100475203...
18:28:55 - info: [203633887] Asked: 2 refined (The Fed-Fightin' Fedora, Reclaimd Metal). Offered: 2 refined
18:28:58 - error: [203633887] There was an error accepting this trade offer.  Please try again later. (2) - retrying in 10s...
18:29:08 - info: [203633887] Verifying...
18:29:08 - info: [203633887/76561198100475203] Offer contains items no longer available, discarding.
18:29:09 - info: steam: 0 trade offers pending.

I know automatic rejects banned/marked users, but he was clean. This happened a few seconds ago, but it happened a few times before,with different users who were clean as well, and they offered the right amount and yet the bot declined. They did ask for change though, which might be the problem?

I know it says items no longer available, but both my items and his were there. I ended up having to manually trade.

So to be honest, i searched for the auto rejecting from scammers and deleted it. Since than everythink worked fine. Also renamed somethings so it doesnt spam that hard. So no i dont support scammers but it rejected everything. Like every single offer was rejected and even if the items were valid, it wasnt a scammer or he didnt get reported it was just rejected instandly. I have really no idea about editing codes but i just ctrl + f searched after scam and deleted something named "reported" cant really remember now. But if anyone got questions just add me :)

Hello 1 quick question do I need to keep the cmd running for this to work cause my trades won't turn into the lightning bolt In till I start the auto.bat and I'm to turn it off 

oh and does it auto bump the trades to?

Hello 1 quick question do I need to keep the cmd running for this to work cause my trades won't turn into the lightning bolt In till I start the auto.bat and I'm to turn it off 

oh and does it auto bump the trades to?

Hi, yes the cmd needs to run and no if you want to autobump the trades you can get premium.

Well everytime i post thanks alot in this theard "finally its working" it stops working some hours later. Really dont know what fking problem the programm has. Again spamming me with error 403 -.-

I get this after a day or so of the program running non-stop. Closing it and restarting it fixes it until it happens again. I believe this is the third time it has happened.

cUfNhcr.png

I get this after a day or so of the program running non-stop. Closing it and restarting it fixes it until it happens again. I believe this is the third time it has happened.

cUfNhcr.png

update to latest version ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well everytime i post thanks alot in this theard "finally its working" it stops working some hours later. Really dont know what fking problem the programm has. Again spamming me with error 403 -.-

There is no more information. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.. And i already wrote everything i know

There is no more information. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.. And i already wrote everything i know

Code 403 is a generic HTTP code. It's not clear from your post when the error happens.

cUfNhcr.png

This might be an issue with Steam. I restarted it after I got this again and it started doing this immediately. I can't get to my trade offers manually either, I'm just getting a black screen in Steam.

EDIT: After a few more minutes I managed to get to my trade offers, and take care of them all, restarted the bat file and now its fine.

How to assemble bot via Linux. It appears that these windows packages cannot be used. It throws errors via them. Is there any specific packages for Linux available?

settings link now redirects to ''This item does not exist.''

regarding the 40x issue, for me it happens when i log for another device. if i run the bot on my desktop and log in another device (tablet at work - so different IP), the bot will get 40x error and needs to be restarted. not tested in different device, but same IP scenario

How to assemble bot via Linux. It appears that these windows packages cannot be used. It throws errors via them. Is there any specific packages for Linux available?

Why would you need a linux package?

Just install node+npm, clone the repo and run `npm install`.

settings link now redirects to ''This item does not exist.''

regarding the 40x issue, for me it happens when i log for another device. if i run the bot on my desktop and log in another device (tablet at work - so different IP), the bot will get 40x error and needs to be restarted. not tested in different device, but same IP scenario

This is actually expected behaviour. By logging in from another IP, you essentially kill your old session. Latest version of the bot contains multiple fixes to detect this situation and the bot should re-login.

Why would you need a linux package?

Just install node+npm, clone the repo and run `npm install`.

Thank you! It's just me and my incompetence in Linux environment. Learning step by step. So these repositaries can be used, if all modules are found by system, it should work just fine, huh? 

> So these repositaries can be used, if all modules are found by system, it should work just fine, huh?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

However, considering you are a Linux "noob", I would suggest searching google and finding a tutorial for your Linux distro so you don't mess something up. ;)

Code 403 is a generic HTTP code. It's not clear from your post when the error happens.

Well, i used the bot about 1  week without any problems. Then suddenly i got the error 403 and then i got logged out from the market in steam. And after i restarted pc and steam many times it didnt work. And i really dont want to reinstall the programm every 2 days

I've had a problem a couple of times where it's not registering new trade offers. Steam has a problem (and I think everyone gets this issue) where if a trade offer is received but then the other party's items become not available, the trade offer remains as if it's just pending (but greyed out, without the option to accept/decline). This invalid trade can generally only be got rid of by receiving another trade offer. Unfortunately, automatic doesn't register this new trade offer since the number of pending trade offers appears not to have changed, so it doesn't bother to check, even if it's valid. Like I said, this has happened a couple of times for me, and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, or whether there's anything that can be done about it.

I've had a problem a couple of times where it's not registering new trade offers. Steam has a problem (and I think everyone gets this issue) where if a trade offer is received but then the other party's items become not available, the trade offer remains as if it's just pending (but greyed out, without the option to accept/decline). This invalid trade can generally only be got rid of by receiving another trade offer. Unfortunately, automatic doesn't register this new trade offer since the number of pending trade offers appears not to have changed, so it doesn't bother to check, even if it's valid. Like I said, this has happened a couple of times for me, and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, or whether there's anything that can be done about it.

This is a Steam issue not something with the automatic program. I've had it happen to me long before I used the program.

I haven't found anything that can be done until a new trade offer comes in.

This is a Steam issue not something with the automatic program. I've had it happen to be long before I used the program.

I know it's not a problem with automatic, so have I - like I said, it's a Steam issue - I was just hoping that there would be a way to make the program work around this (since it seems like at the moment it just works by detecting the difference in the number of pending trade offers, rather than the trade offers themselves)