backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

figured I'd transfer this question over here rather than on the Donator section, I've downloaded all the stuff, followed the tutorial, got to the black screen where you input your information without any issues, however after I put in my information it seems as though the bot fails to connect and it never asks me for any code, it just tells me to  hit any key to continue, then does nothing.

We need logs or screenshots to help you.

That debug loading 401 over and over indicates you're not running the proper node-steam-tradeoffers version -- please run npm install or download the full package if you're on windows to get the proper version. The insuficient privilege stuff seems to happen early on but clears up after a couple of days, steamguard weirdness..

Cheers Brad, I've run npm update to make sure all the dependencies are still happy. Will just have to wait out Steam being odd.

No idea how to copypasta the CMD text into here.

module.js:340

throw err;

^

Error: Cannot find module 'C:\Users\Peter Quinn\Desktop\Backpack.tf\bot\'

at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)

at startup (node.js:119:16)

at mode.js:906:3

Press any key to continue . . .

If I press a key it closes the CMD.

All help is appreciated

I had an error today with the bot : http://hpics.li/e47ca70

If it can help : The user wanted to buy my Conquistator lv 100 for 1,66 refined.

By the way, it worked fine before this crash (like 3/4 accepted trades.)

PeterLG --> see : I get a specific error when I start the bot, what does it mean?  https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic

You're using an outdated version of node-steam-tradeoffers, please update it. Make sure your backpack.tf-automatic is up to date (0.0.16 just released)

Cheers Brad, I've run npm update to make sure all the dependencies are still happy. Will just have to wait out Steam being odd.

I updated the script, I am thinking the issue you had there was a different one after all, you probably accepted a trade offer while it was trying to accept it and then it lost access to the backpack (private inventory) since it was no longer a valid offer. Update to 0.0.16 and you should be good for that one. Thanks.

not sure if this is necessarily an issue or just a feature put in place to prevent excessive use, but if I leave the bot running while I'm gone for an extended period of time (~8 hours), it will disconnect itself from the bp.tf servers after 2 or 3 and will not accept any trade offers.

If you need screenshots it might take some time, since I the bot has to be running idly for a while in order to get them

Me (and others) run this 24/7 so this is definitely not a feature.

Also, bot does not keep constant connection with bp.tf servers. You will have to describe your problem more thoroughly or make a screenshot or just copy/paste the text from console once your bot crashes.

Also, bot does not keep constant connection with bp.tf servers. You will have to describe your problem more thoroughly or make a screenshot or just copy/paste the text from console once your bot crashes.

ok, I'll start running it now and check back in later

here:

7o5av1O.png

started around 30 mins after I started running it, lasted for around 2 hours (didnt get any trade offers so I cant show that it doesnt accept offers though)

seems like you are losing connection for a brief moment which causes the heartbeat to fail as well as disconnect from Steam network

is there any way to prevent this from happening?

is there any way to prevent this from happening?

It's not really such a big problem. From your screenshot you can see it reconnected immediately and it was ready to handle trade offers.

If your bot stops accepting or crashes, thats a different problem.

It's not really such a big problem. From your screenshot you can see it reconnected immediately and it was ready to handle trade offers.

If your bot stops accepting or crashes, thats a different problem.

it disconnected for almost 2 hours in my screenshot

not sure if this is a bug, but:

0.0.16 timeouts like hell, makes buyer wait sometimes up to minute. I was actually able to handle my "correct" trades faster than automatic.

0.0.15 works fine.

both are x64 versions.

EDIT: actually nevermind, bug appears on both versions, but:

on 0.0.16 timeouts are happening after about 30 minutes of running it without problems

on 0.0.15 timeouts are happening after 3-4 hours of running it without problems (followed by trade errors like 11 etc.)

EDIT2: it skips some correct trades, dunno why, gonna test it later

it skipped completely correct trade without even checking it, i've accepted it manually

Edited by rafiozol

It's a shame that this bot doesn't accept the trade if they're paying in pure yet still paying over the odds. I've just missed out on a few refined extra profit (yes it's not much but still) because of this.

It's a shame that this bot doesn't accept the trade if they're paying in pure yet still paying over the odds. I've just missed out on a few refined extra profit (yes it's not much but still) because of this.

i allready asked for that on bitbucket issues but he said i should change that myself. he said it one might called a scammer for that and one would only need to change == to >= somewhere in the code.

https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic/issue/13/three-questions-suggestions

Hey, I found the backpack.tf bot the other day ive i installed it just like the video, But it comes up saying

'node' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I have installed all the features, making sure i installed the full versions and right versions of everything

My PC details:
Computer Specs :D 

Name: Asus F552L 
Processors: Core i5 
Processor speed: 2.70 Ghz 
Installed ram: 8GB 
64 bit or 32 bit: 64 bit 
Hard Drive Size: 1TB 
Mouse: Razor DeathAdder 2013 Edition 

Hey, I found the backpack.tf bot the other day ive i installed it just like the video, But it comes up saying

'node' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I have installed all the features, making sure i installed the full versions and right versions of everything

My PC details:

Computer Specs :D 

Name: Asus F552L 

Processors: Core i5 

Processor speed: 2.70 Ghz 

Installed ram: 8GB 

64 bit or 32 bit: 64 bit 

Hard Drive Size: 1TB 

Mouse: Razor DeathAdder 2013 Edition 

Did you reboot your computer after installing node?

Did you reboot your computer after installing node?

I restarted after installing both node and openssl

but i didnt install the Visual Studio because one of my games already uses them.. 

but i just installed it (again) and rebotted my PC and now it works...

Sorry for been a pain... Thank you for your help

also good work on this