backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

I am having trouble with my steam token. I tried copying every part of it, but keeps saying invalid. What do I put into that field?

It's not asking for your steam token, it's asking for your backpack.tf token which you can find in http://backpack.tf/settingsand click advanced.

This has worked great sort of. Whenever I leave the server running for long periods of time - at night and while I am at work - when I come back the server is no longer working. It has a 401 error and is endlessly searching for something in my backpack. All the items I have for sale on Backpack are at the front of my backpack and I have never seen this happen while I am at my computer. It seems to start when someone offers on items I do not have for sale farther down my backpack. I have attached a screen capture of the error and the log file. Except for this issue the bot works great.

Here are the log entries just before and after the error begins..

02:09:30 - info: [179715788] Checking offer from 76561198112138053...
02:09:31 - debug: offers: loading inventory: 401
02:09:32 - debug: offers: loading inventory: 401
02:09:33 - debug: offers: loading inventory: 401
02:09:34 - debug: offers: loading inventory: 401

Well it could be steam snapping once in a while and because you're running an outdated steam-tradeoffers it tries every second instead of every minute, it may work after a bit -- try to update to 0.0.15 and post back if it happens again? If you're manually installing things (not full package) make sure to run npm install to update node-steam-tradeoffers

Just wanted to say thanks for this great script - up and running with first accepted offer in less than an hour (already had node installed which helped).

Thinking of trying this on an AWS free tier so I don't need to leave my computer on next. Anyone else done something similar?

Just wanted to say thanks for this great script - up and running with first accepted offer in less than an hour (already had node installed which helped).

Thinking of trying this on an AWS free tier so I don't need to leave my computer on next. Anyone else done something similar?

Should be pretty possible assuming you know how to compile the dependencies or pre-compile on your own machine for linux, and you trust amazon with your login credentials.

It turns out if you encounter the 'node is not a valid executable' error, you will have to restart your computer for Windows to recognize it's in your PATH. ELijah confirmed this.

The bot always eventually ends up filling the log with this for every existing offer, every 5 seconds:

- warn: [offer_id/id64] Failed to download partner inventory. Retrying in 5s...

The other people's inventories are public.

The bot always eventually ends up filling the log with this for every existing offer, every 5 seconds:

- warn: [offer_id/id64] Failed to download partner inventory. Retrying in 5s...

The other people's inventories are public.

yeah that's related to the family pin crap. I am working on a patch for it ... Soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello.

first of all ty for the bot, i now loose less impatient buyers and i think its good to advertise.

i got some suggestions:

1. the bot doesnt accept overpay. if i ask for 2.88 ref and the buyer gives 3 ref because he is too lazy, i want the bot to accept.
  2. it seems like the bot doesn't look after the steamrep status correctly. it declined a trade offer from a user that was accused of scamming and was not tagged yet. i would like to allow these trades. (who cares if a scammer buys a weapon from me?)
  3. since some trades are good but not correct in pure, i still gotta look after the trade offers when i am in a game. a sound when one is not accepted would be very nice.

also: i get errors since today with the bot. it worked well yesterday without having to wait for steamguard (that is enabled since ever and works without the bot on multiple devices). today i first start steam and then the bot and after connection to steam, steam web and being ready to handle offers, it gets an error accepting the trade offers.

12:49:11 - info: backpack.tf automatic v0.0.15 starting
12:49:11 - info: Monday, October 27th, 2014
12:49:11 - info: Connecting to Steam...
12:49:12 - debug: steam: socket timed out
12:49:12 - debug: steam: socket closed
12:49:12 - debug: steam: connecting to 209.197.29.197:27017
12:49:12 - debug: steam: connected
12:49:12 - debug: steam: encrypt request
12:49:14 - debug: steam: handshake complete
12:49:15 - info: Connected to Steam on Monday, October 27th, 2014
12:49:15 - info: Connecting to Steam Web...
12:49:18 - info: Offer handling ready.
12:49:19 - debug: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf
12:49:19 - debug: offers: 2 pending, 0 new received.
12:49:20 - info: [182564502] Checking offer from 76561198088366239...
12:49:20 - info: [182554579] Checking offer from 76561198073172510...
12:49:24 - info: [182564502] Asked: 3.66 refined (Strange Crusader's Crossbow).
Offered: 3.66 refined
12:49:25 - info: [182554579] Asked: 2.55 refined (Halloween Spell: Squash Rocket
s). Offered: 2.55 refined
12:49:25 - error: [182564502] Error: Insufficient privileges accepting offer - r
efresing web cookies...
12:49:25 - info: Connecting to Steam Web...
12:49:26 - debug: steam: web authentication 403, retrying
12:49:27 - info: Offer handling ready.
12:49:28 - debug: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf
12:49:28 - error: [182564502] Error: Insufficient privileges accepting offer - r
efresing web cookies...
12:49:28 - info: Connecting to Steam Web...
12:49:28 - debug: offers: 2 pending, 0 new received.
12:49:29 - debug: steam: web authentication 403, retrying
12:49:30 - info: Offer handling ready.
12:49:30 - error: [182554579] Error: Insufficient privileges accepting offer - r
efresing web cookies...
12:49:30 - info: Connecting to Steam Web...
12:49:31 - debug: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf
12:49:31 - debug: steam: web authentication 403, retrying
12:49:31 - error: [182564502] Error: Insufficient privileges accepting offer - r
efresing web cookies...
12:49:31 - info: Connecting to Steam Web...
12:49:31 - debug: offers: 2 pending, 0 new received.
12:49:32 - debug: steam: web authentication 403, retrying
12:49:33 - info: Offer handling ready.
12:49:33 - debug: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf
12:49:34 - error: [182554579] Error: Insufficient privileges accepting offer - r
efresing web cookies...

when i now try to accept via browser or steam app it works. an hour ago when the bot had this error i got the steam message about steamguard on all devices i have enabled. when i rebooted and not started the bot i could accept everything. when that weird error happened i could somehow trade with a chance.

again, the bot worked very well yesterday and i got through the instalation pretty well (only had to repair and install the correct versions of node.js, openssl and the program).

thank you.

edit: the error from above repeats very long. also: i wrote ~the same there: https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic/issue/13/three-questions-suggestions

ok seems like he is also banned from bp.tf that explains it. i am getting the same problem as the last now. the bot fails and every other device also does. all with the same steamguard problem.

edit: this is reproduceable. i rebooted, could accept an offer manually now.

edit2: now i could accept offers after i stopped the bot. very strange

edit3: somehow i got it working: i logged out everywhere and only ran the program, then it worked and i could log in with steam and browser.

me again. i found a bug:

if i have a pending trade offer that got invalid because the items are unavailable to trade, the bot will not notice the next trade offer. this is because every new trade offer kicks old invalid ones, making the number of offers equal.

Okay so I started using this and it works fine except when it goes to accept a trade offer but "doesn't have enough previleges". I tried starting the bot after closing Chrome and Steam, and it answered by saying the trade offer was ignored because it didn't match any of the listings, although it was just fine.

It looks really good, but how long should I have to wait before it works alright? xD

When this thing is running, steam blocks trading "for 7 days". Both from the client and website. 
This began like 2-3 days ago.
I also have dynamic IP, maybe I should mention that.

Log says there was an error while performing a trade.

Hey, when I downloaded it, I chose the 'Save File' option because I couldn't get any file openers to work. If I tried, it would just try to re-download the opener (winzip, 7-zip, that stuff)... When I opened it, there were 221 files in it, and the automatic.bat one wasn't there... Anyone know what I did wrong, or can you recommend a good file opener?

Thanks.

module.js:340

throw err;

^

Error: Cannot find module 'C:\Windows\system32\bot'

at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)

at startup (node.js:119:16)

at node.js:906:3

Press any key to continue . . .

Any solutions?

@ husky

wouldnt it be enough to check the trade's or the buyer's id every minute? i dont think that needs many calls.

to my problem:

i think my problem was the problem of steel sparkle and ixenzo combined. for me, in some cases using trade offers while the bot is running works, sometimes it doesnt. sometimes i get the priveliges error, but usually after rebooting and only using the bot it works again.

Hey, when I downloaded it, I chose the 'Save File' option because I couldn't get any file openers to work. If I tried, it would just try to re-download the opener (winzip, 7-zip, that stuff)... When I opened it, there were 221 files in it, and the automatic.bat one wasn't there... Anyone know what I did wrong, or can you recommend a good file opener?

Thanks.

https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic/downloads/backpack.tf-automatic-0.0.15-win-x64.zip

module.js:340
    throw err;
          ^
Error: Cannot find module 'C:\Windows\system32\bot'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)
    at startup (node.js:119:16)
    at node.js:906:3
Press any key to continue . . .

Any solutions?

Double click on automatic.bat, don't try to open cmd yourself and type that if you don't know what you're doing.