What makes Donald Trump seem like he would be right for the presidency?

Chilled Soda

You do realize that the Great wall was build before the common era? You cant even compare things made 100 years apart, he is comparing things built 2000 years apart.

While you are completely right, the comperisan is odd. However ...

A 2000 mile wall that size would require THREE times as much concrete as the hoover dam - a project that required 5 years to complete.

But, UNLIKE the Hoover dam, you run into a simple problem: distance. How much time does it take to make a 2000 mile geological study? (you know, so segments of the wall don't topple in 5 years?) How many times do you have to relocate your work site, your equipment, your people? (many locations don't even have decent access roads, miles into the middle of nowhere) ...

The great wall didn't have that problems. Why? Because it was a centuries long project done by the forced labor of millions of Chinese "volenteers". Geological study? BWha! If a segment crumbled - get some more "volenteers" and fix it good this time.

... oh, and those "volenteers" didn't get weekedns off.

Even for Trumps second proposition, the 1000 mile wall ... I'd still consider 10 years a decent estimate.

Even if we could build it tomorrow it's an asinine idea. The feat of building it is the least of my worries considering this is an idea people find intelligent.

You do realize that the Great wall was build before the common era? You cant even compare things made 100 years apart, he is comparing things built 2000 years apart.

Doesnt mean we can instantly build a fucking massive wall. After finding someone to even fund it (if we do), the construction is going to exceed Trump's term. It took 7 years to build the new World Trade Center (1700ft. high), if you need some perspective. 

• Like 1

Doesnt mean we can instantly build a fucking massive wall. After finding someone to even fund it (if we do), the construction is going to exceed Trump's term. It took 7 years to build the new World Trade Center (1700ft. high), if you need some perspective. 

The WTC isn't a good example of this. "Digging the foundation and installing tower-foundation steel columns, concrete, and rebar took twice as long as it normally would. The construction crews were prevented from using heavy machineries to dig the foundation due to the building's location now closer to be the near the existing Subway line. The building reached grade level by 2010 and progressed at a pace of one floor a week and was topped out in August 2012, and structurally completed in May 2013."

Building horizontally is also much much easier than building vertically. 

The WTC isn't a good example of this. "Digging the foundation and installing tower-foundation steel columns, concrete, and rebar took twice as long as it normally would. The construction crews were prevented from using heavy machineries to dig the foundation due to the building's location now closer to be the near the existing Subway line. The building reached grade level by 2010 and progressed at a pace of one floor a week and was topped out in August 2012, and structurally completed in May 2013."

Building horizontally is also much much easier than building vertically. 

Oh, Im aware it wasnt the best example. A tall building is a lot different than a basic wall. But also consider that building a 2000 ft. wall between 2 countries with an unfavorable president will also have it's fair share of problems that are going to stall progress. 

well ...  on the topic of walls ...

... so ... anyone else noticed how casually he went over "waved 35 laws ... including the safe drinking water act"? My U.S. news is a bit rusty (pun not intended) ... but ... how's Flint Michigan doing these days?

Edit: also, as a belgian, his plan does not offend me.

Cant stand John Oliver. Pushing his liberal agenda 24/7. I guess he is tolerable if you completely agree with him and don't really care about logic or context. 

• Like 3

Cant stand John Oliver. Pushing his liberal agenda 24/7.

Can't stand Donald Trump. Pushing his conservative agenda 24/7. I guess he is tolerable if you completely agree with him and don't really care about logic or context. 

• Like 3

Cant stand John Oliver. Pushing his liberal agenda 24/7. I guess he is tolerable if you completely agree with him and don't really care about logic or context.

Yeah ... but you see ... Apprently you missed the first line "well ... on the topic of walls ..."

Why not, you know, adress the wall issue, instead of shooting the bearer of bad news?

Appendum: as someone who is hyperlogical, I am evidence your statement is false.

so ... seeing as I live in Belgium ...

Apparently mister Trump doesn't understand that refugees are not hobos but normal people (where did they get the cellphones? DFQ?)

And, mister Trump, Belgium isn't a city. Just like France isn't a city or Germany isn't a city. As someone who claims to know it's capital very well, ya kind of might check your "robot talking points" for bugs.

I'm not running for president, and even I know the correct answer. You know what you respond to a 2 a.m. phone call that an allied nation has just been hit by terrorists?

"call the Belgium ambasee and ask if we can help them with anything."

Why do I know this? Because when a buddy in a panick calls you when you're sleeping - that's what human beings respond: "How can I help"

I'd take Obama's 50 second speech of standing by us over Trump's rant on his talking point. Any Freaking Day Including Thisone.

After today's attacks in Brussels, seems like Trump's presidency is assured.

The funny thing is that he called that there would be a terrorist attack in Brussels back in Janurary. The NYT mocked him for that prediction.

Presidency is assured for sure.

The funny thing is that he called that there would be a terrorist attack in Brussels back in Janurary. The NYT mocked him for that prediction.

Presidency is assured for sure.

If he actually does win, I hope you feel proud of yourself when he fucks everything up. 

If he actually does win, I hope you feel proud of yourself when he fucks everything up. 

lol. Bush fucked up. Obama fucked up.  And Hillary will fuck up. As a European, I don't care much about your internal politics . But I do care about the US actions outside their borders.

lol. Bush fucked up. Obama fucked up.  And Hillary will fuck up. As a European, I don't care much about your internal politics . But I do care about the US actions outside their borders.

Then you should be concerned if Trump wins.

Then you should be concerned if Trump wins.

I do believe he's talking about how Bush, Obama, and then (hopefully not) Hillary have fucked up, they have fucked up, but Trump promises he will not. Focusing more on a rebuilding of America and drone strikes, thus reducing American entanglement? Sure, I'm down for that.

A man focused on the reducing the amount of illegal immigrants who overstay visas and sneak in with god knows what? I'm down for that.

I think I would be more concerned with a Hillary presidency rather than a Trump on. She's a liar, and a person who plays darkroom politics more than I think Trump has ever, or will ever, do.

I do believe he's talking about how Bush, Obama, and then (hopefully not) Hillary have fucked up, they have fucked up, but Trump promises he will not. Focusing more on a rebuilding of America and drone strikes, thus reducing American entanglement? Sure, I'm down for that.

A man focused on the reducing the amount of illegal immigrants who overstay visas and sneak in with god knows what? I'm down for that.

I think I would be more concerned with a Hillary presidency rather than a Trump on. She's a liar, and a person who plays darkroom politics more than I think Trump has ever, or will ever, do.

I don't worry about Hillary spontaneously dropping bombs or going to war on a whim, I can't say the same for Trump. He's very unstable both in his rhetoric and his actions. You can say Hillary is a liar, but at the end of the day she'd still do a better job than Trump. That's why I'd vote for Bernie though, he's a better version of Hillary both in character and policy. 

I don't worry about Hillary spontaneously dropping bombs or going to war on a whim, I can't say the same for Trump. He's very unstable both in his rhetoric and his actions. You can say Hillary is a liar, but at the end of the day she'd still do a better job than Trump. That's why I'd vote for Bernie though, he's a better version of Hillary both in character and policy. 

Why him

He's not even going to win. He would have to pull off a Truman to even get tied, and even more of a jump to get elected. Don't throw away your vote. Join a real movement. Like Trump, the only actual Anti-Establishment candidate who actually has a chance of winning this thing. 

Besides, if you read his policies on his website, he's actually pretty liberal compared to "El Rato" Cruz

I don't worry about Hillary spontaneously dropping bombs or going to war on a whim, I can't say the same for Trump. He's very unstable both in his rhetoric and his actions. 

You liberals are way to dramatic with these theories. Look at things realistically for 2 seconds and you would know this would never happen.

Why him

He's not even going to win. He would have to pull off a Truman to even get tied, and even more of a jump to get elected. Don't throw away your vote. Join a real movement. Like Trump, the only actual Anti-Establishment candidate who actually has a chance of winning this thing. 

Besides, if you read his policies on his website, he's actually pretty liberal compared to "El Rato" Cruz

Bernie would beat Trump in a general election if you look at basically any poll. I voted for Bernie in the primary since there was really nothing to lose, but if it comes down to it I'll also vote for Hillary over Trump.

You liberals are way to dramatic with these theories. Look at things realistically for 2 seconds and you would know this would never happen.

He's a nut, I have no confidence in him.

he's a better version of Hillary in policy. 

That's highly debatable. I for one disagree with most of his policies, and seems like most US voters agree with me as he is pretty much done.

I'm not supporting a candidate that believes man made climate change isn't a thing

It can be arguable that the impact on climate change we have brought is minimal. No one knows for sure how much we are effecting it. The temperatures have changed throughout the history in much higher speeds than we are experiencing right now.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm talking about greenhouse gases from factories/cars etc. affecting temperature around the world and not about some dumbass Brazilians cutting down rainforests.

It can be arguable that the impact on climate change we have brought is minimal. No one knows for sure how much we are effecting it. The temperatures have changed throughout the history in much higher speeds than we are experiencing right now.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm talking about greenhouse gases from factories/cars etc. affecting temperature around the world and not about some dumbass Brazilians cutting down rainforests.

I die a little inside every time I read something like this.

I die a little inside every time I read something like this.

I die a little bit when I read Posts like This. I even died there as well a bit.

ANYWAY: So El Rato decided to deny everything almost immediately unlike John Kerry. He also blamed Trump for it, like everyone does. Meanwhile, both the Inquirer and Trump have denied his involvement. Just another reminder that TED IS A MESS.