The Backpack.tf Newsletter

λngelღмander

sign me the fuck up for anything.

lmao editorial writer, write a terms and conditions for other writers is ur first assignment not kidding

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sign me the fuck up for anything.

You can be an editorial writer, you don't really report now, so i wouldn't expect you to start reporting. If someone wants to report, they're going to have to have experience in an area I don't know of, like competitive CS:GO and TF2, or just be more active on the forums than I am (which is impossible :P)

So write one up and ill throw you on staff!

what d0 as a editorial writer and what d0 tho

I suggest you go into the archive and read all of the other editorials, to get an idea of what an editorial is about, then do one yourself.

Generally, you write a few paragraphs about a specific topic, offering information and your opinion at the same time. It's your opinion and commentary about a subject that you describe in relative detail. If you're unsure about what to write about, talk to me on steam. It can be about anything relevant to TF2, even CSGO, but it has to be either current or unrelated to a time frame.

I suggest you go into the archive and read all of the other editorials, to get an idea of what an editorial is about, then do one yourself.

Generally, you write a few paragraphs about a specific topic, offering information and your opinion at the same time. It's your opinion and commentary about a subject that you describe in relative detail. If you're unsure about what to write about, talk to me on steam. It can be about anything relevant to TF2, even CSGO, but it has to be either current or unrelated to a time frame.

e z. thanks for the info

I think this whole Venom thing has to be addressed, and not just Venom, but banned users as a whole. You should definitely not be banned for insulting another user... when that is not a user at all, since they are BANNED from the community. I was also banned for insulting Venom, which really begs the question; we ban people because they need to be removed from the community, and yet Venom still has a giant stranglehold on the community. Why are the mods serving the wishes to someone who has photoshopped photos of his appeals to defame polar, and done a whole lot of other things? Why are we protecting a BANNED user. This would never happen on any other forum, you should not be banned for insulting someone who has been intentionally removed from the community.

I'm also going to PM this to polar to bring his attention to this.

I think this whole Venom thing has to be addressed, and not just Venom, but banned users as a whole. You should definitely not be banned for insulting another user... when that is not a user at all, since they are BANNED from the community. I was also banned for insulting Venom, which really begs the question; we ban people because they need to be removed from the community, and yet Venom still has a giant stranglehold on the community. Why are the mods serving the wishes to someone who has photoshopped photos of his appeals to defame polar, and done a whole lot of other things? Why are we protecting a BANNED user. This would never happen on any other forum, you should not be banned for insulting someone who has been intentionally removed from the community.

I'm also going to PM this to polar to bring his attention to this.

Insulting anyone, no matter their status on the forums, is against the rules. It's not about venom, it's about enforcing the rules. If everyone would leave venom alone, no one would be banned. I have no problem ignoring him, and I don't see why anyone else does. 

Venom doesn't have a "stranglehold" on the community, he only has as much power as you are willing to allow him. If everyone leaves him alone, he will have nothing to report. So please, leave him be.

Even past that, I keep the newsletter as unbiased as possible, promoting any material like this would tarnish that.

If we must talk about venom AGAIN...

Venom can report all he wants. if it's clear the offense was an honest mistake, then the mods will make note of that.

He's pissed off enough people already, but don't forget the most hated person still has a say. (in some places i believe)

You forget that users have a human being behind that screen. There are real criminals out there who have way more of a say in the community than you think. It's pretty scary. There is nothing venom can do but throw some salt around. 

But holy shit, the real time community criminals with no morals manipulate other users who have no way out.

Don't be stupid. Venom may not be the best guy, but there are better people to call a criminal.

Justice vs. Revenge

Are you sure mods ignoring him is justice? 

Insulting anyone, no matter their status on the forums, is against the rules. It's not about venom, it's about enforcing the rules. If everyone would leave venom alone, no one would be banned. I have no problem ignoring him, and I don't see why anyone else does. 

Venom doesn't have a "stranglehold" on the community, he only has as much power as you are willing to allow him. If everyone leaves him alone, he will have nothing to report. So please, leave him be.

Even past that, I keep the newsletter as unbiased as possible, promoting any material like this would tarnish that.

My whole point is that Venom is no longer a user here at the forums. He was banned. So it is absolutely outrageous that someone was permabanned for insulting someone who is not a part of our forums. Its the same thing as banning someone for insulting a celebrity.

My whole point is that Venom is no longer a user here at the forums. He was banned. So it is absolutely outrageous that someone was permabanned for insulting someone who is not a part of our forums. Its the same thing as banning someone for insulting a celebrity.

f6df931a713cfa03d030de6037ed241c.png

I'd like to note that I reported a user for insulting penek in the same fashion Mikusch and Fenrir insulted venom, and they did not get banned. Why is Venom a special case?

I'd like to note that I reported a user for insulting penek in the same fashion Mikusch and Fenrir insulted venom, and they did not get banned. Why is Venom a special case?

That report was not even handled at the time of you posting this...

And venom is not a special case. Nobody is.

That report was not even handled at the time of you posting this...

And venom is not a special case. Nobody is.

It wouldn't be the first post insulting a banned user, but yet bans are never issued for insulting banned users other than Venom. Every mod has seen box, penek, valley, heavy lord, etc get insulted.

It wouldn't be the first post insulting a banned user, but yet bans are never issued for insulting banned users other than Venom. Every mod has seen box, penek, valley, heavy lord, etc get insulted.

This is complete and utter bullshit. Yes other people than venom get insulted. Other people get warned/banned as well

Now please, back to topic

This is complete and utter bullshit. Yes other people than venom get insulted. Other people get warned/banned as well

Now please, back to topic

Please get back to topic?

Puddingkip, I dont know if you know what thread we're in, but what we're discussing IS THE TOPIC. That's just your way to differ any objections... it's ridiculous.

Archived