The Backpack.tf Newsletter

λngelღмander

• Administrators

My appeal passed the night of the 24th, not today

That's all a matter of perspective really, I mean the night of the 24th for you WAS today for me! :D

(I'm sorry, ignore me.)

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the recent TF2Outpost promotees to admin were promoted to admin on SteamRep and given green tags.

It's probably best to clarify this to avoid confusion. They aren't actually SR admins. In fact, none of them even have the ability to tag on SR for outpost bans yet. Toughsox and Ploko will probably get that down the road. The only function of the green tag on SR is to indicate that they are admins on outpost. All admins of affiliates are given the green tag. We already knew about their promotions on outpost, though, so the SR tag is pretty much meaningless. Just Sneeza or SR being slow to update.

My appeal passed the night of the 24th, not today

I'll clarify later.

It's probably best to clarify this to avoid confusion. They aren't actually SR admins. In fact, none of them even have the ability to tag on SR for outpost bans yet. Toughsox and Ploko will probably get that down the road. The only function of the green tag on SR is to indicate that they are admins on outpost. All admins of affiliates are given the green tag. We already knew about their promotions on outpost, though, so the SR tag is pretty much meaningless. Just Sneeza or SR being slow to update.

Sorry for large quote, on mobile. Anyway, I'll clarify this later too. I avoided using the word admin in conjunction with steamrep to avoid this confusion, but evidently it could be less opaque in meaning

Forums turned from forums.backpack.tf to forums.courtney.tf .  Mods ban everyone for making simple jokes about her.

gg, welcome back to hell.

Forums turned from forums.backpack.tf to forums.courtney.tf .  Mods ban everyone for making simple jokes about her.

gg, welcome back to hell.

This place is turning into a crappy soap opera.

Damnit courtney. A whole lot of people are about to be banned, as exemplified with Hazza.

Honestly, these forums have turned into a shitty toxic banfest

This place is turning into a crappy soap opera.

I'm scared to make jokes now. 

Damnit courtney. A whole lot of people are about to be banned, as exemplified with Hazza.

Honestly, these forums have turned into a shitty toxic banfest

Yeah! This is what Hazza would've wanted!

I'd get a perm from making multiple jokes about her, but all will be worth it if she gets banned.

Also, angel, why didn't you put in why he got banned? Everybody needs to know.

You can make jokes as long as they are not offensive and rude and most of them were really overstepping. O_o

So the numerous "kill yourself" jokes made by many people are fine,

but a casual poke saying someone's profile is worse than skial is "stepping over"?

Courtney reported it because she's a touchy toxic overeactor, and the only reason polar accepted the report was simply because Hazza put 'inb4 bannud' in the comment. Without that Hazza would have been fine.
Hell, polar even admitted it was bullshit in the ban reason.

So the numerous "kill yourself" jokes made by many people are fine,

but a casual poke saying someone's profile is worse than skial is "stepping over"?

Courtney reported it because she's a touchy toxic overeactor, and the only reason polar accepted the report was simply because Hazza put 'inb4 bannud' in the comment. Without that Hazza would have been fine.
Hell, polar even admitted it was bullshit in the ban reason.

I'm not talking about that one, I'm talking about a few others i've seen.

I'm not talking about that one, I'm talking about a few others i've seen.

And are these people banned?

Probably not, because they aren't Hazza and didn't say "inb4 bannu".

• Administrators
Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, August 26, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, August 26, 2015 - No reason given

How hard is it to just not insult people? Insults are jokey if you're friends with someone... if you're not, you run the risk of that person taking it more seriously than you meant it and reporting you. If you're even aware of that to the extent that you say "inb4 banned" then you have no-one to blame but yourself. There are lots of people here I don't particularly care for and the ones I have the urge to insult are on block, so I never see their posts and thus forget they exist. You can all have a quite happily courtney-free existence if you just stop talking about her all the time.

It's very simple: don't insult people and you won't get a ban. He knew he was going to get in trouble, and went through with his comments anyway. When the kid does nothing but insult and cry about me 24/7, telling people that he wishes i had brain cancer, saying i should go kill myself, etc, common sense says i'm going to report him for the first insult he slings. I didn't even have to report anyone else, the mods banned Sulker and Cecily themselves. Reporting people doesn't mean i'm "touchy" or "sensitive" it just means i'm not going to put up with their childish acts. Anyone who actually knows me is aware that i could care less what you people think of me. I was unbanned for a reason, get over it.

It's very simple: don't insult people and you won't get a ban. He knew he was going to get in trouble, and went through with his comments anyway. When the kid does nothing but insult and cry about me 24/7, telling people that he wishes i had brain cancer, saying i should go kill myself, etc, common sense says i'm going to report him for the first insult he slings. I didn't even have to report anyone else, the mods banned Sulker and Cecily themselves. Reporting people doesn't mean i'm "touchy" or "sensitive" it just means i'm not going to put up with their childish acts. Anyone who actually knows me is aware that i could care less what you people think of me. I was unbanned for a reason, get over it.

Reporting people doesn't mean i'm "touchy" or "sensitive", it does when you report someone for the slightest of things, like harmless jokes, i was unbanned for a reason, get over it.
Yes, probably because the mods wanted to stop you crying.

Telling people that he wishes i had brain cancer, saying i should go kill myself

Well courtney, when you tell someone they should have been aborted and you wish their whole family was dead, then I think it's fair enough for them to have some hard feelings.

Reporting people doesn't mean i'm "touchy" or "sensitive"

It does when you report someone for the slightest of things, like harmless jokes.

Oh yeah, also http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/10201-theprocave/?status_id=282063

TheProcave #Overwatch: OMFG XD

TheProcave #Overwatch: THIS IS SO ENTERTAINING
Hazza: don't spoil it
TheProcave #Overwatch: Ok
Hazza: OHOHOHHOH
Hazza: 'When the kid does nothing but insult me and cry about me 24/7'
Hazza: yeah sure
Hazza: 'i'm going to report him for the first insult he slings'
TheProcave #Overwatch: This is so fucking funny
TheProcave #Overwatch: Wait 1 fucking minute
TheProcave #Overwatch: Why the fuck is courtney allowed to have alt's?
Hazza: I think you'll find that's really immature. Just reading my name and reporting without even looking is very, very immature and ignorant. Oh wait, that's courtney in two words, nevermind.
Hazza: She doesn't have an alt. It's someone else who copied her shit and changed the name slightly
TheProcave #Overwatch: ohhhh
TheProcave #Overwatch: Was about to report it
Hazza: anyway, back to the subject
TheProcave #Overwatch: +999999 warning points
Hazza: Reporting people doesn't mean i'm "touchy" or "sensitive"
Hazza: It does when you report someone for the slightest of things, like harmless jokes.
Hazza: I was unbanned for a reason, get over it.
Hazza: Yes, probably because the mods wanted to stop you crying.
TheProcave #Overwatch: I'm going to post this
TheProcave #Overwatch: In reply
Hazza: one more thing
TheProcave #Overwatch: ye?
Hazza: quite important
Hazza: 'telling people that he wishes i had brain cancer, saying i should go kill myself,'
Hazza: Well courtney, when you tell someone they should have been aborted and you wish their whole family was dead, then I think it's fair enough for them to have some hard feelings.
TheProcave #Overwatch: OMFG
TheProcave #Overwatch: DIS GUNNA BE GUUD
TheProcave #Overwatch: I'm posting this ASAP
TheProcave #Overwatch: How's the vid doing btw?
Hazza: good
TheProcave #Overwatch: Nice

-

The only thing i'm reading is

WAAAAH WAAAAH, SOMEONE HAS DIFFERENT HUMOR THAN ME AND I CAN'T TOLERATE IT WAAAH WAAAAAAAH

Seriously, am I the only one seeing that mods have banned more people for court than venom? Are our mods literally the worst whiteknights here?

All I'm seeing are two kids having a temper tantrum over someone who called them a butthead or some shit. I've already said everything that I think needs to happen, but for those who missed it, the reader's digest version was to grow the fuck up and move on.

The only thing i'm reading is

WAAAAH WAAAAH, SOMEONE HAS DIFFERENT HUMOR THAN ME AND I CAN'T TOLERATE IT WAAAH WAAAAAAAH

Seriously, am I the only one seeing that mods have banned more people for court than venom? Are our mods literally the worst whiteknights here?

breaking rules, knowing very well that you'll get banned = deserving to get banned

breaking rules, knowing very well that you'll get banned = deserving to get banned

So not having your taste in jokes is breaking rules? This must be a terrible place then lmao

Mods, would Hazza have been banned if Courtney was not a girl? This shit happens all the time, but when it's directed towards Courtney someone gets banned?

I have absolutely nothing against Courtney as I know nothing of her, nor am I trying to take sides here. But do you really believe an ironic insult warrants a ban when they happen all the time every day in the status updates?

If you do, it implies favoritism and differentiation.

If you don't, the only logical as to why Hazza got banned was as to not instigate drama. Don't you think there are better ways to stop flame wars than banning someone for a harmless joke?

Can we all just grow the fuck up? I mean seriously.

Archived