Your opinion on abortion

Toosdey

98 members have voted

1. 1. What is your stance on abortion?

• Yes, it should be legal.
    • No, it should not be legal.

Is it her body? I could very well say that I don't have to pay for food for my child because it's my money.

With that logic, it's not your food or your money OR your child

And no, you don't have to pay for food for your child. You'll most likely get arrested and your child taken, but it's up to YOU

Just like it's up a woman to do whatever SHE wants to HER body

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With that logic, it's not your food or your money OR your child

And no, you don't have to pay for food for your child. You'll most likely get arrested and your child taken, but it's up to YOU

Just like it's up a woman to do whatever SHE wants to HER body

ouch

"You can kill whoever you want, you just might get arrested for it!"

we're not looking at this from a legal standpoint. Assuming I could legally stop feeding my child, is it right for me to do so? It's my money. My rights are being violated because I am forced to pay for my child's food.

ouch

"You can kill whoever you want, you just might get arrested for it!"

we're not looking at this from a legal standpoint. Assuming I could legally stop feeding my child, is it right for me to do so? It's my money. My rights are being violated because I am forced to pay for my child's food.

You're not forced to do anything

It's the "Land of the Free" not the "Land of the Forced"

Also, refraining from feeding a child is not the same as a woman deciding what her body needs

You're not forced to do anything

It's the "Land of the Free" not the "Land of the Forced"

Also, refraining from feeding a child is not the same as a woman deciding what her body needs

god damn

1. you're not forced to do anything? this means that it is physically impossible to force someone to do something, as punishing someone if they refuse is literally the only way

2. i don't even know what this means

3. what her body needs? we're not talking about cases where her health is in danger, this isn't about her health, haven't we made this clear

Is it her body? I could very well say that I don't have to pay for food for my child because it's my money.

Don't then. It's your ass getting slung in jail.

If a girl is incappable of raising a child, then would you rather have that child growing up in poverty and misery or would rather have an abortion? 

Don't then. It's your ass getting slung in jail.

If a girl is incappable of raising a child, then would you rather have that child growing up in poverty and misery or would rather have an abortion? 

Because I assure you that kid would much rather be alive then dead. 

Because I assure you that kid would much rather be alive then dead. 

And I'm sure the sperm that you shoot out of your dick would rather be alive than on a piece of tissue

Wait...What about menstruation?

It's the female process of aborting an egg that has never been fertilized.

Would that not be considering killing a potential life, since the egg COULD have been fertilized, but it wasn't?

Every month, a child COULD have been concieved, but, if it isn't, then the body gets rid of it.

Is this not the same for fertilized eggs and man-made abortion?

The only difference is that one has a sperm in it and the other doesn't

My point is: Up until 4 months of pregnancy, a fertilized egg is not considered living. It is just a fertilized egg.

If the egg was not fertilized and menstruation occurs, then should we punish a woman's body for killing a potential being?

Whoever says "abortion is wrong because it kills a living (human) being" has got some fucked up mentality.

it's hard to say. if any one of us were aborted we wouldn't exist

God forbid.

There were probably many people that were aborted, but life goes on without them, no?

We shouldn't feel bad for beings that haven't been considered as "exisiting"

And I'm sure the sperm that you shoot out of your dick would rather be alive than on a piece of tissue

TIL all of the 600 billion sperm that leave a penis after an ejaculation have the feeling of "wanting to be alive"

No, they wouldn't rather be alive. They wouldn't rather be on a tissue. They wouldn't rather anything because they could give less of a fuck about where it goes since there's a 1 in 6,000,000,000 chance they get anywhere.

Not to mention the fact a gamete cannot produce feelings or have a preference of anything

Multiquote

Is it her body?

I really don't know what this question is. Of course it's her fucking body and she should be allowed to do whatever the fuck she wants to do with it without feminist men and right-wing bitch women deciding that for her. Does anyone know that this question is supposed to prove?

P.S.: Pro-choice

God forbid.

There were probably many people that were aborted, but life goes on without them, no?

We shouldn't feel bad for beings that haven't been considered as "exisiting"

i don't know if we should feel bad at all but i know i don't. the world will revolve without anyone on it, i just like being here. it's not really a simple choice since over night a ball of dividing cells is sort of granted human rights, but up until that time it's not clear

There really needs to be common ground on what we can consider alive.

Is it when the heart starts beating? Well by that logic, those who are in a vegetative state or are brain-dead (either completely or brain stem death, cerebral death does not count as circulatory and respiratory functions can continue unaided) are considered dead because their heart has stopped beating. So are you saying that those who are brain-dead or those in a vegetative state should just be left for dead?

I would consider a fetus being alive when it is self-sufficient enough to where it could survive when cut off from its mother without any major complications such as those that could be present when a baby is under-developed; anything beyond that point should be illegal, anything below would be fair game.

Also Python lrn2multiquote smh

Multiquote

Also Python lrn2multiquote smh

Like I don't know how

There really needs to be common ground on what we can consider alive.

Is it when the heart starts beating? Well by that logic, those who are in a vegetative state or are brain-dead (either completely or brain stem death, cerebral death does not count as circulatory and respiratory functions can continue unaided) are considered dead because their heart has stopped beating. So are you saying that those who are brain-dead or those in a vegetative state should just be left for dead?

I would consider a fetus being alive when it is self-sufficient enough to where it could survive when cut off from its mother without any major complications such as those that could be present when a baby is under-developed; anything beyond that point should be illegal, anything below would be fair game.

Let me ask you this, if you were in a vegatative state, in a coma, or paralyzed, and could not live your life without someone waiting on your hand and foot every minute of every day, wasting away their life and not living yours, would you want that? My Mom's told me several times if that ever happens to her, or she absolves her uses when she's very old, she wants to pull the plug, or be put down like a dog.

I agree with the alive thing though, but I'd consider when the fetus has all of it's body functions to be alive

TIL all of the 600 billion sperm that leave a penis after an ejaculation have the feeling of "wanting to be alive"

No, they wouldn't rather be alive. They wouldn't rather be on a tissue. They wouldn't rather anything because they could give less of a fuck about where it goes since there's a 1 in 6,000,000,000 chance they get anywhere.

Not to mention the fact a gamete cannot produce feelings or have a preference of anything

Multiquote

I really don't know what this question is. Of course it's her fucking body and she should be allowed to do whatever the fuck she wants to do with it without feminist men and right-wing bitch women deciding that for her. Does anyone know that this question is supposed to prove?

At what time does the fetus become a different part of her body then? Should she be able to abort up until delivery?

At what time does the fetus become a different part of her body then? Should she be able to abort up until delivery?

I've answered this already and I have no desire to answer it again

I've answered this already and I have no desire to answer it again

You didn't answer this already, you really haven't answered anything already, you just told some irrelevant story about your mom

You didn't answer this already, you really haven't answered anything already, you just told some irrelevant story about your mom

Yes I did:

My point is: Up until 4 months of pregnancy, a fertilized egg is not considered living. It is just a fertilized egg.

And I have answered several things that you refuse to acknowledge.

1. you're not forced to do anything? this means that it is physically impossible to force someone to do something, as punishing someone if they refuse is literally the only way

2. i don't even know what this means

3. what her body needs? we're not talking about cases where her health is in danger, this isn't about her health, haven't we made this clear

1. You can die and be tortured, but this doesn't mean you can be forced to do anything

2. America's has a line in the anthem that is "Land of the Free". Seriously?

3. Sorry, Not what her body needs, it's what she needs. What she has the capability of giving the baby is what matters.

Is killing a person legal? 

How is aborting a fetus (baby...) any different than killing someone? 

A fetus =/= a baby. It is not living. It does not function. Aborting a fetus is like deflating a basketball

A fetus =/= a baby. It is not living. It does not function. Aborting a fetus is like deflating a basketball

I didn't realize a basketball could grow into a human.

I didn't realize a basketball could grow into a human.

I didn't realize you wouldn't get the point

That a fetus, like a basketball, isn't living. And, therefore, killing it isn't killing a living being

That a fetus, like a basketball, isn't living. And, therefore, killing it isn't killing a living being

Except a basketball won't turn into a human. A fetus will. 

When conception occurs, you have started the process of making a child. Both parties have assumed the risks. 

(in cases of rape, abortion is 100% justified)

At what point does this so called "basketball" become a human? Because honestly, you can pretty much say that it is a basketball until delivery (into a hoop?). At that point, there is hardly an physical differences between a fetus and a fully functional baby.

Except a basketball won't turn into a human. A fetus will. 

turn into a human. A fetus will

turn into a human

turn into

turn into a human. A fetus will

turn into a human

turn into

What do you think about cases of rape? 

What do you think about cases of rape? 

Pro-choice

Cases of an unexpected pregnacy?

Pro-choice

Women have the right to do whatever they want to do with their bodies, in whatever situation. Laws cannot dictate free will

And if it is illegal, some will either dump it after giving birth or remove it with a coat hanger

Pro-choice

Cases of an unexpected pregnacy?

Pro-choice

Women have the right to do whatever they want to do with their bodies, in whatever situation. Laws cannot dictate free will

Why, though? Nobody forced her to do anything. It was her choice.

Why, though? Nobody forced her to do anything. It was her choice.

To have an unexpected pregnancy

To get raped?

Yeah, totally her choice

Archived