Your opinion on abortion

Toosdey

98 members have voted

1. 1. What is your stance on abortion?

• Yes, it should be legal.
    • No, it should not be legal.

That's like saying if someone doesn't have a good health care plan, they need to ensure that they won't get hit by a car on their way to work. People are people, demanding they stop to have sex because they can't raise a child is a completely unfeasable demand in reality.

You don't consent for a car to hit you, however in non-rape cases not only do you give consent, you give consent knowing there could be negative outcomes.Sex is not a right, and everyone knows a common outcome of sex can be an unwanted pregnancy.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't consent for a car to hit you.

Sex is not a right, and everyone knows a common outcome of sex can be an unwanted pregnancy.

Your stance is naively idealistic is what I'm saying. Of course it would be nice if everyone was thoughtful and responsible, but that's not the world we live in and it's not a world you can shape with laws either. In the worst case, pragmatically speaking, abortion is a contingency, a choice for people who, for whatever reason, got pregnant and decide not to carry that pregnancy out. It's an imperfect answer for an imperfect world, sure, but it's better than not having a choice at all. In that vein, it's the same as the getting hurt in a car accident; you wouldn't try to fix an unwanted broken bone by telling someone that it was a common outcome of stepping on the street either, right?

Your stance is naively idealistic is what I'm saying. Of course it would be nice if everyone was thoughtful and responsible, but that's not the world we live in and it's not a world you can shape with laws either. In the worst case, pragmatically speaking, abortion is a contingency, a choice for people who, for whatever reason, got pregnant and decide not to carry that pregnancy out. It's an imperfect answer for an imperfect world, sure, but it's better than not having a choice at all. In that vein, it's the same as the getting hurt in a car accident; you wouldn't try to fix an unwanted broken bone by telling someone that it was a common outcome of stepping on the street either, right?

I do find it sad that I agree with you that it is naive to expect people to consider the consequences of actions that are as significant as creating a new life. To answer your question no, I'd tell them to look both ways before stepping out onto a busy street.

killing it is much better. you're right. 

But y'know those people could also get another job and/or stop wasting their money. 

while plenty of these people are wasting their money on poor choices they've made in the past, many of them got screwed over (get it), and are now in a tough decision. Most unwanted pregnancies lead to a signal parent who has to work around the clock to provide for their child. If that person is not prepared to do so and feels as though they have not created a suitable environment for a child to grow up in, I believe they should have the choice to avoid ruining their lives by destroying one that has yet to form.

killing it is much better. you're right. 

But y'know those people could also get another job and/or stop wasting their money. 

Don't put words in my mouth, I never said kill it. I said it's hard to give up a child. I'm not saying kill it instead of giving it away, i'm saying it is hard to give up your child. Don't be ignorant with me.

i'm pro-choice until the reason becomes that the mother isn't ready for the responsibilities of a child because she couldn't take 3 seconds out of her day to stop being a dumb cunt and make her lover wear a condom

Let me rephrase. You can't kill something that is not, or has ever been alive.

I like the way you think mister.

Pro-choice-ers are absolute idiots. A human being is a human being. Consider the following analogy:

A person is severely injured in a car crash and taken to the hospital where they are put on life support, meaning they are 100% brain dead but their heart is still artificially beating.  Medically and legally speaking, this person is still alive. Why? Because to be declared legally dead, a person's heart must stop beating, and has nothing to do with their brain activity.

So I ask you, why is it that we consider people legally/medically dead when and ONLY when their heart stops beating, but pro-choicers refuse to classify a hearbeat in an infant as a live person?

Another argument that makes pro-choicers look like absolute morons:

Why is it that you do not consider a few human cells in a woman's womb "life"? I GAURENTEE you if we found EVEN A SINGLE cell of matter of the same characteristics on another planet, your liberal scientists and news headlines would exclaim "LIFE FOUND! LIFE FOUND!."

Your logic is invalid. You are only pro-choice because you like to stick up for people who are retarded and are put in situations where they "need" to kill their human offspring. Yes, a women "can do with her body what she pleases to do" but KILLING A HUMAN is doing something to someone else besides her.  

Pro-choice, everyone's thinking of the baby being born, not what happens to the baby afterwards. There's an article by Freakonomics (which I cba to find) about how the crime rate went down dramatically a generation after Roe vs. Wade was decided.

Short and sweet: I'm against bringing an unwanted and unloved child into this world, and you can preach adoption all you want, but there's thousands of children already inline looking for a home to care for them.

Pro-choice-ers are absolute idiots. A human being is a human being. Consider the following analogy:

A person is severely injured in a car crash and taken to the hospital where they are put on life support, meaning they are 100% brain dead but their heart is still artificially beating.  Medically and legally speaking, this person is still alive. Why? Because to be declared legally dead, a person's heart must stop beating, and has nothing to do with their brain activity.

So I ask you, why is it that we consider people legally/medically dead when and ONLY when their heart stops beating, but pro-choicers refuse to classify a hearbeat in an infant as a live person?

Another argument that makes pro-choicers look like absolute morons:

Why is it that you do not consider a few human cells in a woman's womb "life"? I GAURENTEE you if we found EVEN A SINGLE cell of matter of the same characteristics on another planet, your liberal scientists and news headlines would exclaim "LIFE FOUND! LIFE FOUND!."

Your logic is invalid. You are only pro-choice because you like to stick up for people who are retarded and are put in situations where they "need" to kill their human offspring. Yes, a women "can do with her body what she pleases to do" but KILLING A HUMAN is doing something to someone else besides her.  

What makes you think all "Pro-choicers" base their stance off of what constitutes life? In the vein of that argument, pro-lifers wouldn't be allowed to cure a cold, because, oh look, a virus is a form of life too.

Pro-choice, everyone's thinking of the baby being born, not what happens to the baby afterwards. There's an article by Freakonomics (which I cba to find) about how the crime rate went down dramatically a generation after Roe vs. Wade was decided.

Short and sweet: I'm against bringing an unwanted and unloved child into this world, and you can preach adoption all you want, but there's thousands of children already inline looking for a home to care for them.

Ronald Reagan said it best:

"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born."

I guarantee you those people who would've been aborted are very happy they weren't. 

Anti abortioners be like. YOU ARE ALL SICK AND TWISTED AND WE'RE YELLING AT YOU!

Pro abortionists be like. B*tch shut the hell up.

Neutral abortionists be like. Stahp fighting ;-;

Ronald Reagan said it best:

"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born."[/size]

The complete and utter lack of understanding of the physical strain and liability that having these unwanted children brings is unbelievable. I am not saying all babies born that were planned to be aborted are going to be degenerates, but you have to think of the people that mainly end up in that position. Its often, at least at a pre-adult age, the people that you look at in society that ate least fit for parenthood that engage in sex. This is due to their lifestyle of partying and are not commonly seen as bright.

The children of these people aren't destined for the same fate, but are definitely put at a severe advantage to end up that way which is not beneficial to that individual nor society.

I get the idea that every human life is precious, but that's the pressing issue here.

Because if the baby is born into a poor family, it won't get the nutrients and love it needs to live. It will die of malnutrition. So would you rather have a fetus completely avoid that? Or let it slowly die to death?

I love it when people make complete and utter morons of themselves on the internet. 

This isn't the fucking caves of Africa. We have things like welfare and schools to feed children.

The complete and utter lack of understanding of the physical strain and liability that having these unwanted children brings is unbelievable. 

People need to be held accountable for their actions. If you're stupid/careless and accidentally get pregnant and you'd have to work harder to take care of it then you should be required to work harder. Its your own damn fault you got pregnant. 

I guarantee you those people who would've been aborted are very happy they weren't.

Show me evidence. I don't mean a single success story that defies the norm. I mean the hundreds of foster children that are left over from the ill planned choices of people who were not ready to be parents. I'm sure you can find some that are happy, but are they set up to have a good life and climb the social ladder or are they near the bottom rung? The ones that often end up in the jobs that make sure your day runs smoothly?

People need to be held accountable for their actions. If you're stupid/careless and accidentally get pregnant and you'd have to work harder to take care of it then you should be required to work harder. Its your own damn fault you got pregnant. 

Completely agree.

You mean to tell me that the biological purpose of sex isn't pleasure? What? (Sarcasm, you idiots. If you take your pants off because you're horny and are too immature to control yourself, prepare to pay the consequences of your actions if you get pregnant. And no, im not talking about paying 5 grand to have someone stick their hand up your vagina and squash a human skull.) 

If someone get's pregnant, it should stay as their choice to have an abortion or not. How would you feel if you were a teenager pregnant by accident then forced to have the baby since abortion in this situation is illegal.

Archived