User constantly breaking rules but is never banned

Toad

I'm not posting screenshots here cause I'm confident I'd get banned.

Mods outta be able to see what I'm referencing in the moderation logs.

ya'll can feel free to add me on steam for purely being friendos reasons (and maybe like a link or smth)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Cedarium said:

mptf ain't bptf

But they are both tf 😩

Edit to save space: who deleted the ratio comment, it was genuinely good wtf

7 hours ago, LaughingLollipop said:

ya'll can feel free to add me on steam for purely being friendos reasons (and maybe like a link or smth)

So mysterious :o

20 hours ago, OverduePixels said:

I feel like a lot of you are not reading what I am saying, I will say it again. The warnings go through frequencies. If there are few frequencies of warnings accumulated in a period of time, the user receives temporary ban, if a user keeps it up and does not stop in a certain period of time, that ban can accumulate to permanent ban which is why I said, some of you want entirety of history, if we do that a lot of you commenting here would be banned from Classified. 

The user which is being questioned in this thread, did not have warnings for a long long time, almost a year. He only just started getting the warnings again. We understand that many of us have other things to do outside of here, so we give leniency in this area of the site. If you all want that frequency to be tightened up going forward as a community, I can go ahead and talk among the report mods.

Ratio.

18 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

All this really feels like a microcosm of the "Great Resignation" going on right now. The report mods are overworked and understaffed; This is the simple fact. However, they cannot attract new mods, because in all honesty, with how the community treats them, who wants to be one? Have you ever watched a Karen scream at a McDonalds employee because she ordered a cheeseburger without cheese and was given a hamburger instead? And then thought, "Yeah, I'd love to be paid $10 an hour to deal with that?" Of course not. And you certainly wouldn't want to do it for free either. As such, you're left with a division that's running on a skeleton crew or smaller trying their hardest to keep up.

And the problem compounds itself because while trying to tackle the backlog, new issues keep coming in at the same or greater rates, giving them more and more fires to put out and plates to juggle. Something has to give at that point. And the best course of action for the team is to prioritize and triage. Unfortunately, this then means that people get upset because it's not their particular fire being put out. Trying to do otherwise and tackling everything all the time leads to errors and other issues. If someone cleared out and finished all nearly-200 user reports in a single afternoon (and those are just the manual reports, not the classified and trust flag reports), would you feel all those reports were properly researched and given fair verdicts? Probably not. People are human beings who move at human speeds, they can do what they can with what they've got; We can't demand more than that, especially when we're barely paying for their services.

You almost had something but McDonalds and willful ignorance to duties and the community aren't really the same, I would hope you know this :( . You don't walk up place your order then 4 months later they tell you the burger is expired and they're closed (see we can all make shitty comparisons :D ). Yes the overall feel of this thread seems pretty hostile and it appears to be received personally by staff, everyone knows about the backlog as well but this has been one of the only discussions we've been able to get regarding reports as the wall of silence has just gone on so long with it seeming like you can only get a reply by shitposting. Can't really dismiss everyone's frustration and dismay over the way this systems been running for the past year or so with "everyone's human" but you can live laugh love I guess.

Properly,

ratio ❤️ 

18 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

All this really feels like a microcosm of the "Great Resignation" going on right now. The report mods are overworked and understaffed; This is the simple fact. However, they cannot attract new mods, because in all honesty, with how the community treats them, who wants to be one? Have you ever watched a Karen scream at a McDonalds employee because she ordered a cheeseburger without cheese and was given a hamburger instead? And then thought, "Yeah, I'd love to be paid $10 an hour to deal with that?" Of course not. And you certainly wouldn't want to do it for free either. As such, you're left with a division that's running on a skeleton crew or smaller trying their hardest to keep up.

And the problem compounds itself because while trying to tackle the backlog, new issues keep coming in at the same or greater rates, giving them more and more fires to put out and plates to juggle. Something has to give at that point. And the best course of action for the team is to prioritize and triage. Unfortunately, this then means that people get upset because it's not their particular fire being put out. Trying to do otherwise and tackling everything all the time leads to errors and other issues. If someone cleared out and finished all nearly-200 user reports in a single afternoon (and those are just the manual reports, not the classified and trust flag reports), would you feel all those reports were properly researched and given fair verdicts? Probably not. People are human beings who move at human speeds, they can do what they can with what they've got; We can't demand more than that, especially when we're barely paying for their services.

ratio

15 hours ago, Cedarium said:

may I have some evidence of mods bad please & thankyou

https://backpack.tf/issue/600ca3959214e63ad239a6ee

Hello mod team,

i have recently made a trade wihtg an idnivudual called "Guns" whjere he assurde me of his items values, but it seems thta i have eben decieved. i thgink this is consdiered getting "dolphined"? i am fery nwew to trading, apologies if i didnt#t catch up on the lingo just yet.
the mastter of my post is, thazt, apparently, he seems to be quite infamuos. so infaoius infact, that people frequently reopirt him and his wrongdoign.
the mdos even acknowledged that, yet they seem ti ignore the report? please forwatd this to them, as they seem to have forgotten the report's existance, thank you.

kdin regards, godking69

12 hours ago, LaughingLollipop said:

added!

1 hour ago, Drago said:

https://backpack.tf/issue/600ca3959214e63ad239a6ee

Hello mod team,

i have recently made a trade wihtg an idnivudual called "Guns" whjere he assurde me of his items values, but it seems thta i have eben decieved. i thgink this is consdiered getting "dolphined"? i am fery nwew to trading, apologies if i didnt#t catch up on the lingo just yet.
the mastter of my post is, thazt, apparently, he seems to be quite infamuos. so infaoius infact, that people frequently reopirt him and his wrongdoign.
the mdos even acknowledged that, yet they seem ti ignore the report? please forwatd this to them, as they seem to have forgotten the report's existance, thank you.

kdin regards, godking69

"noted"

4 hours ago, Jimmy Jam Dab Man said:

its kind of like the acab are bad bullshit, the bad mods who do fuck all/shark/scam ruin the rep of all the hardworking bp mods. Sure there's a couple pieces of shit out there who will not take a report because its their friend/mate but then there's also some who do care about the community and want it to get better. That mod just isn't overdue.

why-are-you-gay.gif

How you felt typing this...

GloriousClumsyChital-max-1mb.gif

56 minutes ago, LSO said:

Borderline banned, if you will.

Verbally banned, just an unwritten rule

Edit: Also, too much off-topic talk adding up so ill not respond to and in memes anymore, my bad

On 11/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, Toad said:

The number of applicants would likely increase if there was some sort of incentive, financial or otherwise. I know a part of our premium money goes to making the site run -- although there's been numerous experience breaking bugs for what seems like years now, maybe those are simply too hard/take too long to address, IDK.

Nonetheless, some incentive to apply would be a plus. I know I'd personally apply to both a mod and dev position if that was the case... although I'd likely get rejected because most mods and admins in the TF2 community regard me as a piece of shit who is untrustworthy and scams others *shrugs*

On 11/2/2021 at 2:44 PM, Scott Bakula said:

On 11/2/2021 at 9:54 AM, Cedarium said:

A bit hard to get more report mods when nobody qualified applies, sadly. Only applies in the last year were a user who had little-no activity, a troll app, and a user who had their app declined for inappropriate conduct towards other users (and is now banned from the discord).

I think there are a lot of people who'd be interested in setting aside 1-2 hours a week if there were publicly available requirements. There are probably people who a. fit the reqs and b. want to do it, but don't want to apply out of fear of being rejected.

14 hours ago, Jimmy Jam Dab Man said:

its kind of like the acab are bad bullshit, the bad mods who do fuck all/shark/scam ruin the rep of all the hardworking bp mods. Sure there's a couple pieces of shit out there who will not take a report because its their friend/mate but then there's also some who do care about the community and want it to get better. That mod just isn't overdue.

why-are-you-gay.gif

If there was at least one mod who actually did work, this report wouldn't still be open 9 months later. https://backpack.tf/issue/600ca3959214e63ad239a6ee

All mods are ignoring it, why?

7 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

They don't have time, everything else in their life takes priority over backpack.tf

You're telling me not one mod has had a few minutes spare in the last 9 months? As there's more than enough evidence to punish him with included in the report, it wouldn't take long at all to actually dish out a punishment 

1 hour ago, purple person said:

You're telling me not one mod has had a few minutes spare in the last 9 months? As there's more than enough evidence to punish him with included in the report, it wouldn't take long at all to actually dish out a punishment 

Yes, because they'll rather do anything else, than work for bp.tf, everything in their life besides bp.tf takes priority, meaning they'll have those "few minutes", but thats only for scam reports etc., is what i assume, anyway

2 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Yes, because they'll rather do anything else, than work for bp.tf, everything in their life besides bp.tf takes priority, meaning they'll have those "few minutes", but thats only for scam reports etc., is what i assume, anyway

isnt like a requirement to being mod spending a chunk of time each day on the site (i know it is for comm mods) but whats the point of being a mod if you do 1 minute of work every few months, closing reports with definitive proof because the report is too old. like what.

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Jam Dab Man said:

Mods warned me for joining in the forum but not the constant sharkers scamming thousands a month :(

Report mods don't handle forum reports

3 hours ago, fork said:

isnt like a requirement to being mod spending a chunk of time each day on the site (i know it is for comm mods) but whats the point of being a mod if you do 1 minute of work every few months, closing reports with definitive proof because the report is too old. like what.

Well i guess you can call it irony, Surs declined multiple times due to his inactivity in suggesting, well there's inactivity in the opposite department too isn't there

6 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well i guess you can call it irony, Surs declined multiple times due to his inactivity in suggesting, well there's inactivity in the opposite department too isn't there

honestly if they're inactive why don't they just not get donations? Hire everyone who applies (and would normally be accepted), then if they don't do anything don't pay them

On 11/3/2021 at 5:54 AM, Cedarium said:

A bit hard to get more report mods when nobody qualified applies, sadly. Only applies in the last year were a user who had little-no activity, a troll app, and a user who had their app declined for inappropriate conduct towards other users (and is now banned from the discord).

Heya, what are the qualifications needed to become a report mod? Legal qualifications or just experience in dealing with reports on other platforms?  Might be interested soon?

Archived