User constantly breaking rules but is never banned

Toad

8 minutes ago, purple person said:

someone really should make a better backpack.tf

While I like the idea of a fresh, new site, I think that the issues brought up in this thread can easily be solved with more time/money/effort being put into backpack.tf's moderation. That includes more moderators and more transparency when it comes to both rules and reports.

You could make "new backpack.tf" after "new backpack.tf" and they would all have the same problem if the above items weren't addressed.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you could easily refresh site design by puting an existing or made from zero ipb design, that helps almoust always, dont need obvsly create a new site and or forum version. 

The refresh by new design forum, is easy and can help fix atleast visual things, but can agree if you want to fix things, start with staff and rulles.

It is unfortunate that becoming a member of backpack.tf staff is getting more and more a thing to be embarrassed about, it really is a shame, considering im an avid contributor to the site and get along well with most of the staff.

14 hours ago, purple person said:

It's been shown again and again that the moderators do not care what traders with an expensive inventory do. Probably not a coincidence either that OverduePixels handled all of those reports and has now come here to defend them once again 

"If they continue this behavior, they will receive a ban. Thank you for your report!" So much for that, hey OverduePixels? :P

Expensive inventory doesn’t really matter here. In fact a lot of the top 1000 TF2 inventories are banned on the site lmfao. It’s just the lack of action being taken against consistent rule breakers.

6 minutes ago, M0ckingbird said:

It’s just the lack of action being taken against consistent rule breakers.

And all of these consistent rule breakers just so happen to have an expensive inventory 

1 hour ago, purple person said:

someone really should make a better backpack.tf

Too bad this will never happen due to Geel overtaking the whole trading scene and basically killing regular trading.

Cheaters killed TF2 with bots.

Geel killed TF2 trading with bots.

And top backpacks are just abusing the flawed system that we currently have to milk as much profit as they can on a withering game.

9 hours ago, MisterBoot said:

OverduePixels seems to be the only report mod doing some work, so give him some slack. 

But we might need some more report mods to get some consitency and some speed with all the bigger issues

My fav response:

https://backpack.tf/issue/61775233f6d3c7528977396b

"I will say though, the reported user is borderline on getting banned though. As a result, this report will be archived. Thank you for your report nonetheless!"

Luckely people can be on the borderline forever and keep sharking. Hmm guns

A bit hard to get more report mods when nobody qualified applies, sadly. Only applies in the last year were a user who had little-no activity, a troll app, and a user who had their app declined for inappropriate conduct towards other users (and is now banned from the discord).

Just now, w0lk said:

Too bad this will never happen due to Geel overtaking the whole trading scene and basically killing regular trading.

Cheaters killed TF2 with bots.

Geel killed TF2 trading with bots.

Geel isn't involved with tf2 or trading whatsoever anymore, find someone else to blame.

1 minute ago, Cedarium said:

Geel isn't involved with tf2 or trading whatsoever anymore, find someone else to blame.

You can't reject the fact that Geel pretty much started the whole bot monopoly.

Just because he quit, doesn't mean he wasn't involved.

7 minutes ago, Cedarium said:

A bit hard to get more report mods when nobody qualified applies, sadly. Only applies in the last year were a user who had little-no activity, a troll app, and a user who had their app declined for inappropriate conduct towards other users (and is now banned from the discord).

Not gonna lie the question "are the current report mods even qualified?" Started to pop in my head recently... Would really love to see something on the contrary.

5 minutes ago, w0lk said:

Well yeah, if he was involved in the following problem, doesn't mean he is not responsible anymore
But the blame should take everyone responsible for moderation I suppose 

2 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

Not gonna lie the question "are the current report mods even qualified?" Started to pop in my head recently... Would really love to see something on the contrary.

I guess the amount of interested professionals decreases due to the game being in "inactive state" AKA dead
And experienced people just don't want to do anything anymore, but I might be completely wrong anyway

Lol Where the hell did these “Blame Geel” shills come from?

He literally has nothing to do with Team Fortress 2, trading, or any of the .TF sites anymore due to…….reasons that I think any sane individual would walk away from. He’s been gone for almost 2 years now, for sure at least 1 year.

40 minutes ago, korjezilla said:

I guess the amount of interested professionals decreases due to the game being in "inactive state" AKA dead
And experienced people just don't want to do anything anymore, but I might be completely wrong anyway

Why are you talking in crip, also you are in fact wrong

43 minutes ago, M0ckingbird said:

Lol Where the hell did these “Blame Geel” shills come from?

He literally has nothing to do with Team Fortress 2, trading, or any of the .TF sites anymore due to…….reasons that I think any sane individual would walk away from. He’s been gone for almost 2 years now, for sure at least 1 year.

sorry

1 hour ago, w0lk said:

Please just leave the thread if you don't know what you're talking about, I'm no geel fan either but Jesus Christ just argue about something else atleast

1 hour ago, Cedarium said:

Considering how this is going, Connor fr should have been accepted. Altho he was maybe over the line with his comments don't really see a reason to decline the app. A discord mute/ban would have been better.

7 minutes ago, gege hates anime said:

Considering how this is going, Connor fr should have been accepted. Altho he was maybe over the line with his comments don't really see a reason to decline the app. A discord mute/ban would have been better.

It was over for Connor the instant his parents named him Connor, he'd do great moderation in Roblox forums tho!

2 hours ago, Cedarium said:

The number of applicants would likely increase if there was some sort of incentive, financial or otherwise. I know a part of our premium money goes to making the site run -- although there's been numerous experience breaking bugs for what seems like years now, maybe those are simply too hard/take too long to address, IDK.

Nonetheless, some incentive to apply would be a plus. I know I'd personally apply to both a mod and dev position if that was the case... although I'd likely get rejected because most mods and admins in the TF2 community regard me as a piece of shit who is untrustworthy and scams others *shrugs*

5 minutes ago, Toad said:

The number of applicants would likely increase if there was some sort of incentive, financial or otherwise. I know a part of our premium money goes to making the site run -- although there's been numerous experience breaking bugs for what seems like years now, maybe those are simply too hard/take too long to address, IDK.

Nonetheless, some incentive to apply would be a plus. I know I'd personally apply to both a mod and dev position if that was the case... although I'd likely get rejected because most mods and admins in the TF2 community regard me as a piece of shit who is untrustworthy and scams others *shrugs*

All donations go to mods

2 minutes ago, gege hates anime said:

All donations go to mods

My understanding was that most positions on here are volunteer. Can you reference a source?

8 minutes ago, Toad said:

My understanding was that most positions on here are volunteer. Can you reference a source?

Mods split donations. I'm mods.

If you're in it for the money you're going to give up pretty quick.

Archived