Backpack.tf Secret Santa 2015! Santa Strikes Back!

Santa Heavy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who was SoFloAntonio meant to get a gift for? I think it would be best if maybe all of the participants who can, put a ref in and we get the poor guy another gift. Maybe when you send out the trade offers mention that " "x" did not get a gift due to SoFloDicktonio running with his, if you would like to help replace the lost gift, give back a ref " I'd gladly try and help out. Also did you even receive a gift (@ bp.tf secret santa heavy)

Not only this, but I think he won the scorching hound dog in Zcrabs giveaway if I'm not mistaken, lmao.

Guys, you can all break it off with the SoFloAntonio drama now. He was meant to get a gift for me, but he added me and gave me compensation in the form of items.

u4fVc67.png

0cp2ypx.png

As for the people who were willing to chip in a ref or two, you can keep your metal. I think that the gift is enough.

Not sure whether this has been brought up yet or not, but my Secret Santa (Thecityburns2day) also personally gave me his gift himself instead of giving the gift to the bot first. So yeah, just wanted to point out that he did got a gift for me, just in case.

Yeah a lot of us have not gotten gifts yet, has to do with escrow

Wait, did you guys receive the trade offer? Cause I haven't gotten even an offer

Gifts should be roughly around 1 key, unless the user collects the item or is quite interested in it.

I had no idea that this was a thing and overspent like crazy.

CRAZY

CRAZY

I saw that

wrapped gift in his backpack. :3

There's no such thing as overspending on a Christmas present. Only underthinking it.

I saw that wrapped gift in his backpack. :3 There's no such thing as overspending on a Christmas present. Only underthinking it.

tumblr_myj8t5vh8h1rzik3go1_500.gif

Steam is giving me an extremely hard time right now. Thank you to SoFloAntonio for submitting your gift, and my condolences to your family member.

Naughty List:

Geel
Lolimaster
TheMCBros99
TheProcave
Weedoof
utsoob
Idiocy Bitsy
WhinyWeab

If you're on here PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE submit your gifts or else you won't receive one! You are delaying the present giving process!

HOW I FEEL RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT

ErfJU90.png

I'd also like to issue a public apology to SoFloAntonio. The manner in which I had called him out was highly inappropriate and seemed more akin a witch hunt than anything else. I made a terrible assumption and took impulsive measures in order to voice my disappointment. 

In short, my b.

CRAZY

I think most people got gifts worth more than a key or two, as we did a few years ago.

Well in the mean time I'd like to know who was late and just sent their gift directly to their person so I can attempt to salvage this list.

Well in the mean time I'd like to know who was late and just sent their gift directly to their person so I can attempt to salvage this list.

I did

CRAZY

Same. Got my ungrateful friend an awp asiimov lmao

Steam is giving me an extremely hard time right now. Thank you to SoFloAntonio for submitting your gift, and my condolences to your family member.

Naughty List:

Geel
Lolimaster
TheMCBros99
TheProcave
Weedoof
utsoob
Idiocy Bitsy
WhinyWeab

If you're on here PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE submit your gifts or else you won't receive one! You are delaying the present giving process!

Is this the reason why I still haven't gotten my gift? or did you forget me a 2nd time

Is this the reason why I still haven't gotten my gift? or did you forget me a 2nd time

It's taking time but everyone will get a gift!

I've run into quite the block due to people doing things on their own accord, my list is broken because some people sent gifts to those who did not sent one, I now have some people who will go without receiving a gift because of this.

If worse comes to worse I might have to take out of my own pocket to make sure those who sent a gift but did not receive them will end up getting a gift. I should've been more strict, shame on me.

• Deadline for sending in gifts to the distributor (me on an alt, I will add the participants) is 12/15/15. If you feel like you need more time I'd be willing to extend the deadline a bit.

ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ADD THIS ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO BE A PART OF THIS - http://steamcommunity.com/id/giftwrap

WHY WAS THIS SO FUCKING DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW

This is actually stressing me out how hard it is for people to follow explicit directions. So basically, the way it was supposed to go was that people were supposed to submit the gift to this account so that it became part of the list system. People who didn't submit a gift would simply not receive one and the next person in the list who submitted one would receive the gift instead. Escrow would slow this process down, but the system would still work. People missed the time constraints and sent gifts on their own accord to those who never even submitted in the first place, which in turn throws off the system. Now because of this the process of distributing gifts is fucked up because of people who didn't follow the system.

There is now a shortage of gifts because some people sent gifts to those who didn't submit any. 

I was too nice and decided to accept EXTREMELY late gifts because of escrow.

I feel embarrassed that I ran this so poorly after telling Angel that I had it covered since I was the first one to host this event in 2013 and it was a 100% perfect success.

In short, I'm sorry, I'm stuck, and I really need some advice.

Update: I reformatted the list and it's looking salvageable, there are some people who I need to pay out of pocket for but other than that it's looking decent.

This is actually stressing me out how hard it is for people to follow explicit directions. So basically, the way it was supposed to go was that people were supposed to submit the gift to this account so that it became part of the list system. People who didn't submit a gift would simply not receive one and the next person in the list who submitted one would receive the gift instead. Escrow would slow this process down, but the system would still work. People missed the time constraints and sent gifts on their own accord to those who never even submitted in the first place, which in turn throws off the system. Now because of this the process of distributing gifts is fucked up because of people who didn't follow the system.

There is now a shortage of gifts because some people sent gifts to those who didn't submit any. 
I was too nice and decided to accept EXTREMELY late gifts because of escrow.
I feel embarrassed that I ran this so poorly after telling Angel that I had it covered since I was the first one to host this event in 2013 and it was a 100% perfect success.

In short, I'm sorry, I'm stuck, and I really need some advice.

Update: I reformatted the list and it's looking salvageable, there are some people who I need to pay out of pocket for but other than that it's looking decent.

How many people are there who haven't received gifts? and is that purely due to people not sending their gifts in time/at all?

I can chip in a bit if needed, this shouldn't all be put on you.

Archived