Backpack.tf Secret Santa 2015! Santa Strikes Back!

Santa Heavy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, December 22, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, December 22, 2015 - No reason given

is it too late to join in? :<?

It's the 22nd.

Posted · Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, December 22, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, December 22, 2015 - No reason given

It's the 22nd.

Gift partners have already been distributed, you're too late unless another person signs up in the limited time (but then it won't be a secret).

I'd like to apologize in advance for my shoddy hosting skills this year. I guarantee that everyone who submitting a gift will receive one. For anyone who has not yet submitted a gift, please do so.

I'd like to apologize in advance for my shoddy hosting skills this year. I guarantee that everyone who submitting a gift will receive one. For anyone who has not yet submitted a gift, please do so.

You're doing fine. I dont think the majority of us would be capable of doing anything near this big of scale largely by themselves.

I've noticed a surprisingly large amount of people who have not submitted their gift/withdrew their trade offers/had their offer rejected for being too stingy. Please make sure you submit your gift ASAP! If you do not submit one you shall not receive one!

Naughty List:

Geel

SoFloAntonio

Lolimaster

Fenrawr

TheMCBros99

TheProcave

Weedoof

utsoob

Idiocy Bitsy

WhinyWeab

IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED AN APPROPRIATE GIFT PLEASE DO SO

I've noticed a surprisingly large amount of people who have not submitted their gift/withdrew their trade offers/had their offer rejected for being too stingy. Please make sure you submit your gift ASAP! If you do not submit one you shall not receive one!

Naughty List:

The One

Geel

Rainford

Lolimaster

Fenrawr

TheMCBros99

TheProcave

Weedoof

Scrublordington The III

utsoob

Idiocy Bitsy

i am phenomenal

Santa Heavy (Wow really dude? Nice job following your own rules, dipshit.)

WhinyWeab

ofc geel is stingy even after all that money he's making

Naughty List:

The One

Geel

Rainford

Lolimaster

Fenrawr

TheMCBros99

TheProcave

Weedoof

Scrublordington The III

utsoob

Idiocy Bitsy

i am phenomenal

Santa Heavy (Wow really dude? Nice job following your own rules, dipshit.)

WhinyWeab

I've sent you a message about the gift but you never replied :P

I am sorry for the criticism, I realize you have other things going on in life and I definitely appreciate your efforts for everything. I am also aware that you already apologized, but come on. 

You have not been online for a day and your alt has been offline for 2 days (which means you were online but did not accept my trade offer). Prior to this, you were not online for almost a whole week. Communication with you has been null. Tonight is Christmas Eve and gifts should be delivered, yet you have not accepted my gift, showed any indication to when you will do so nor when you will send the gifts.

I am also certain that there will be people who do not send you any gifts, so I presume you will need time to sort that out, along with any other potential problems that arise from this event. It will also take quite a while to send out all the gifts. Again, tonight is already Christmas Eve. 

You really could have done a better job by putting in more efforts and communicating with the participants. 

I am sorry for the criticism, I realize you have other things going on in life and I definitely appreciate your efforts for everything. I am also aware that you already apologized, but come on. 

You have not been online for a day and your alt has been offline for 2 days (which means you were online but did not accept my trade offer). Prior to this, you were not online for almost a whole week. Communication with you has been null. Tonight is Christmas Eve and gifts should be delivered, yet you have not accepted my gift, showed any indication to when you will do so nor when you will send the gifts.

I am also certain that there will be people who do not send you any gifts, so I presume you will need time to sort that out, along with any other potential problems that arise from this event. It will also take quite a while to send out all the gifts. Again, tonight is already Christmas Eve. 

You really could have done a better job by putting in more efforts and communicating with the participants. 

I appreciate the criticism!

In short, I was a lot busier than I had originally thought I would be and did not expect the entrant number to be this high. I was certainly more on top of the original Secret Santa I hosted and I should've done as promised and made this as much of a success as possible.

Though I place a majority of the blame upon myself for not taking precautions beforehand, there are some outside influences on how poorly this went.

1. Escrow, I had no clue that this was going to cause as much of a problem as it did, and now because of it, some will be receiving their gift later than others. I seriously apologize for this and hope it doesn't ruin the Christmas spirit.

2. A handful of people broke the rules this year by sending their gifts WAY too early because they didn't read all the guidelines and didn't send their gift to the Secret Santa account, which is not fair to people who ACTUALLY followed the rules.

3. Some people just didn't send in gifts at all. It is not my job to baby the users with constant reminders and it is the participant's obligation to follow through. I understand it slipping some people's minds, but it's really not fair to the people who bought gifts for specific users and having their gifts end up with someone else.

All in all, I'd like to offer my most sincere apologies. I was quite the shitty host this year and only wanted to spread some cheer and whatnot without realizing that I was going to be quite busy around this time as opposed to the first time I hosted this.

Thank you to those who participated! You helped spread some holiday cheer!

All gifts shall be send out once the final trade holds expire for the Alt.

Merry Christmas!

If you still need to submit gifts I'm giving you one final chance to submit, please submit as soon as possible or else you will not receive a gift.

I appreciate the criticism!

In short, I was a lot busier than I had originally thought I would be and did not expect the entrant number to be this high. I was certainly more on top of the original Secret Santa I hosted and I should've done as promised and made this as much of a success as possible.

Though I place a majority of the blame upon myself for not taking precautions beforehand, there are some outside influences on how poorly this went.

1. Escrow, I had no clue that this was going to cause as much of a problem as it did, and now because of it, some will be receiving their gift later than others. I seriously apologize for this and hope it doesn't ruin the Christmas spirit.

2. A handful of people broke the rules this year by sending their gifts WAY too early because they didn't read all the guidelines and didn't send their gift to the Secret Santa account, which is not fair to people who ACTUALLY followed the rules.

3. Some people just didn't send in gifts at all. It is not my job to baby the users with constant reminders and it is the participant's obligation to follow through. I understand it slipping some people's minds, but it's really not fair to the people who bought gifts for specific users and having their gifts end up with someone else.

All in all, I'd like to offer my most sincere apologies. I was quite the shitty host this year and only wanted to spread some cheer and whatnot without realizing that I was going to be quite busy around this time as opposed to the first time I hosted this.

Thank you to those who participated! You helped spread some holiday cheer!

All gifts shall be send out once the final trade holds expire for the Alt.

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for the reply.

Archived