SFM (small) Contest Round 4

andrew

I saw this contest and I've been following it for a bit. Friend submitted and been kinda curious since I saw there's supposedly poll rigging, I decided to watch it.

Lictor jumped a few last night but has been pretty steady otherwise. Sync has been jumping a few times, usually when he falls behind Lictor. Could be legit. But it's probably asking friends. Doesn't matter. When you open a poll with such a small audience, it becomes just a popularity contest or "who has the most friends I can get to vote". Why was it created again? Was there even a poll in the last contests? I can't find them.

Can we please just throw out the poll (let's be honest, it's pretty stupid) and just judge based on the work itself?

drama intensifies and i feel like im in the middle of it

Thank you! It was a scene-build which took a while to make but still came out okay. :D

this contest was my first time scene building, and i wonder how many others are the same? or how many people tried something different from what they normally do? now im curious! if anyone sees this, let me know ahhh i need to know!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the poll doesn't affect his decision, it just shows community feedback

I've decided to host a strawpoll to help in the decision making process, feel free to vote for your own creations, but please restrain from having friends vote for yourself just because they know you!

http://strawpoll.me/3869973

That's not how it appears, Kevin. =/

I know I'm not placing at this point, but I got two votes neither of which were mine. So I'm content.

your entry has lighting that makes me envious... lighting is my biggest weak point haha. honestly you should have more than just 2 votes, its so smooth looking, and a really simple, yet great-looking scene. hopefully youll get something that andrew had mentioned earlier about other "'fun' prizes"! you deserve it imo.

your entry has lighting that makes me envious... lighting is my biggest weak point haha. honestly you should have more than just 2 votes, its so smooth looking, and a really simple, yet great-looking scene. hopefully youll get something that andrew had mentioned earlier about other "'fun' prizes"! you deserve it imo.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! Honestly I think you will get #1.

Lighting was easy in mine because it was a dark indoor scene but you had to do an outdoor scene in daylight. But yours shines in facial expressions (Something I have difficulty with) and following the prompt, I genuinely hope you get #1

I know I'm not placing at this point, but I got two votes neither of which were mine. So I'm content.

Hey man, it's not bad at all. Consider another +1/like/whateverhaveyou from me. :)

i really appreciate that, cryserc! i feel really awful though, i had no control over the vote boost T_T blargh.

but yeah thank you, i worked extremely hard on it, and this contest means a lot to me. i sent in the wrong version funnily enough, but the version i meant to send in is only a bit darker/the fire is slightly different so its not a big deal haha. i felt like the version i wanted to send looked overprocessed because of how dark it was, but now i kinda wish i sent it! i still like the one i sent though *crosses fingers anyway*

really enjoyed your entry as well :) i love b&w works haha

You had one element in your artwork that the rest of us did not do as strong or did not do at all. That element is Emotion

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! Honestly I think you will get #1.

Lighting was easy in mine because it was a dark indoor scene but you had to do an outdoor scene in daylight. But yours shines in facial expressions (Something I have difficulty with) and following the prompt, I genuinely hope you get #1

You had one element in your artwork that the rest of us did not do as strong or did not do at all. That element is Emotion

giphy.gif

;_; thank you guys a lot wow

it means a lot to me that people can actually see a story and depth in my poster, and that its not just me whos impressed by it... :P

giphy.gif

;_; thank you guys a lot wow

it means a lot to me that people can actually see a story and depth in my poster, and that its not just me whos impressed by it... :P

your face posing is really nice, did you use hwm or the standard mdl?

your face posing is really nice, did you use hwm or the standard mdl?

i NEVER use standard, for any reason. always hwm. even for dummy models.

as a side note, almost all of the human models (sans oliva, scouts mom in the shadowed background, elizabeth, and the dead medics hand) are from norpos steampunk pack. ive had a couple people ask! and the map is some halflife trainstation i think it was called...? unsure where to find, sorry people.

Congrats to the winners! 

Very fun contest to compete in, shame I didn't win or anything, but was an interesting learning experience, and I'll be sure to join future contests!

Archived