SFM (small) Contest Round 4

andrew

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly this is probably the best thing I've ever made, I am extremely proud of it!

The image itself is based off of the iconic flag raising over the Japanese island of Iwo Jima after an Allied victory during World War 2.

I remember andrew telling me to join the contest when it showed up again, and I'm pretty happy to oblige here, hope you guys enjoy! 

g75lh.png

post-9549-0-05661000-1424562895_thumb.png

Putting the finishing touches on mine 

hopefully it doesnt look too much of a pile o' shit

do u use sfm?

i checked your profile and it says youve never used sfm.

do u use sfm?

i checked your profile and it says youve never used sfm.

oh yeah, I use SFM on my alt because for some reason it CTDs on my main

oh yeah, I use SFM on my alt because for some reason it CTDs on my main

I really hope yours is a greek/roman themed one, this contest needs a really good one like that

if not then I cri

I really hope yours is a greek/roman themed one, this contest needs a really good one like that

if not then I cri

I mean it's kind of Roman .. Jesus was in Rome rite?

even if i dont win, this is my first time scenebuilding and really great practice for having ultimate patience with a poster. currently working on mine! may have lost my sanity about an hour ago doing this.

Well shit, did what i could. Still happy with it though...

Title : War At Its Finest

_sfm__war_at_its_finest_by_z_wasp-d8j4lf

Represents what a more modernized war looks like, i guess. The huge ball of fire in the background was the idea of an oil deposit would of exploded. In other words, this is more in the future, as i feel like this type of war will get very serious in the near future.

And that 4k resolution doe... 

Agh everyones getting theres in, I hope I can finish mine on time

currently clocking at 14 hrs working on mine and i still dont know if ill finish mine in time either LOL

KBcWI4V.jpg

Named like Fallen Comrades or something

sorry but shouldn't the artwork be about some important event/something generalizing it/some piece of art/some pic about the event

sorry but shouldn't the artwork be about some important event/something generalizing it/some piece of art/some pic about the event

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_conquest_of_Britain

Rafi's is the same way, if we needed to do it based off of an image or a specifically told event it would eliminate almost all of history except for the last few decades/paintings of Jesus

nervous about adding mine but heres my 16 hours of work, titled "The First Reading":

Nqvj8XM.png

reference: x

abe lincolns first reading of the emancipation proclamation with his cabinet members, with a bit of liveliness in the mercs :)

edit 2: heres my full description of the poster

The First Reading by Lictor G6

Created over the span of 16 hours in Source Filmmaker, this poster was achieved by an empty Manor map room, a combination of SFM models and workshop models to create this fully custom built scene(my first time ever scenebuilding, too!), and lots of Dr. Pepper to keep me going.

GIF showing all models, lights, and cameras in the animation set: http://i.imgur.com/ULWO9LU.gif
2 cameras, 4 lights, and a lot of models.

Low aperture and high AO really brought this poster together! My idea for the recreation of Abraham Lincoln's first reading of the Emancipation Proclamation on July 22, 1862, was to capture the poses and scene of this memorable moment in history, while giving a bit of energy into the Mercs to make the scene feel alive; like a more modern recreation, rather than a carbon copy. Using expressions that fit each Merc better and creating warm lighting was the key to bringing this moment to life.

For historical accuracy, I imported a saber which could have been seen during the painting's time period, as well as included crates in the background, despite looking different than the original. I aimed for as much historical accuracy wherever possible for this poster, and worked incredibly hard on it.

I hope you enjoy! :)

well by that logic, everything is pretty much related to anything

roman armor+bear skin clothing (as many britons/people from the north were portrayed as wearing)+dead Roman legionnaires (which commonly played a part in Roman mythology) should obviously lead you to believe that my poster is based off of this image

grilled-cheese.jpg

I'd be happy to remake one based off of photographic evidence, it's not like I'll win, so I don't see why this is an issue

roman armor+bear skin clothing (as many britons/people from the north were portrayed as wearing)+dead Roman legionnaires (which commonly played a part in Roman mythology) should obviously lead you to believe that my poster is based off of this image

grilled-cheese.jpg

I'd be happy to remake one based off of photographic evidence, it's not like I'll win, so I don't see why this is an issue

iirc pretty sure the romans were grilled cheese sandwiches.

Sorry for the late posting folks - all entries have been posted now and I will try to be more current with coming entries.

Great work all around so far guys, I like how this competition is turning out!

Archived