SFM (small) Contest Round 4

andrew

I've talked to Sync and he has something in the works, but what's currently entered has a serious chance at first place in this competition.

A lot of the regulars are over-extending themselves into new territories of SFM and it's really cool to see, if you still think this competition is decided from the beginning then you obviously haven't been keeping track of the submissions ;)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've talked to Sync and he has something in the works, but what's currently entered has a serious chance at first place in this competition.

A lot of the regulars are over-extending themselves into new territories of SFM and it's really cool to see, if you still think this competition is decided from the beginning then you obviously haven't been keeping track of the submissions ;)

regulars and newcomers alike are making this contest really variant and showing how much talent and growth we all have as artists by working with a prompt that we likely havent explored before (historical recreation/interpretation) and creating really cool posters for everyone to see. its a shame that i havent seen these contests until this one! i would have loved to be a part of the others, and i hope there will be more in the future.

awesome entries everyone; gl to all, youre all cool people.

Gonna echo what everyone else has said, really nice job to everyone so far! I think this was a great prompt to make something out of, as it can be interpreted in different ways.

Very good effort all around from everyone! I loved making mine, and hopefully you all loved making yours.

Totally late to the SFM party overall but fell in love with it and don't want to do anything else now, my family probably misses me. This is my first render ever, I hope it's okay for the theme.

Backstory: Wanted to render a wartime scene that wasn't on a battlefield with bullets flying. Tried to stay true to the original photo's composition, focus, etc. while matching the Team Fortress 70's vibe. You probably know the reference photo without any explanation, but just in case you don't, it's from on or about May 1, 2011 as the White House senior staff and national security team reviewed live updates on Operation Neptune Spear, the DEVGRU operation to take down Bin Laden. I like how the photo leaves you to imagine what exactly they're looking at.

I know we were supposed to go "wayyyy back" on this one but yeah.

Here's my entry:

doYDvQF.jpg

Edit: The original photo for reference

I know we were supposed to go "wayyyy back" on this one but yeah.

anything in the past is considered history, especially events of importance/note

i really love the sassy look on spys face haha

Updated the entries ~

In bigger news I have decided to extend the contest for an additional two weeks to the equivalent of one month in total.

This has been bothering me for some time as I haven't advertised the contest very well until a week into the timeline, forcing other contestants to hastily make their entries.

While they still look fantastic I can't help bad for those who haven't yet joined and those you had to throw something together last minute, so I am extending the time.

"But andrew that's the other contestant's faults for not getting here ontime!"

Personally I feel it gave an unfair advantage to the regulars on BP.tf forums, so this would be to even out the playing field (and also give you other contestants that already entered more time for editing).

"I was going to win and you are diluting my chances!"

I'll be adding some extra 'fun' prizes in the honorable mentions to compensate along with the games.

"Well is there anything to work on if I already entered?"

Pattern wise most of the winners have been those who can make their SFM's look 'lifelike' and moving (or) a picture that tells a story itself

"I'm still mad!"

Feel free to add me if you have complaints.

The new date will be set for March 14 12PM Pacific Time

I have decided to extend the contest for an additional two weeks to the equivalent of one month in total.

Time for two weeks of finger posing and lighting sliders

My entry :V http://i.imgur.com/56BsfQS.png   a black death riddled battlefield medic is on his way home but makes an unfortunate encounter...  (i'm not too good at SFM but i tried, the little black dots are meant to be flies :3) no post processing accept adding my name  :D Title: Final Judgement

Thanks for the awesome competition :)

My steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ColdFusionSFM/

do i have to make another poster

im remaking mine since i wasnt aware that posters based on pics basically have no chance to win :V

Pattern wise most of the winners have been those who can make their SFM's look 'lifelike' and moving (or) a picture that tells a story itself

alright i redid mine because i can

based on kristallnacht, the night of broken glass

nazis terrorized many towns throughout germany and austria, broke the glass of shops and buildings everywhere, burned synagogues, and incarcerated many jews throughout a 2-day period (nov 9 and 10th, 1938)

the homes of jews were raided and other jewish-owned and run properties destroyed

as well as countless families.

Title: Kristallnacht

bRfzIpz.png

took about 14 hrs in sfm+minor photoshop touchups

im a lot happier with this entry than my previous one.

Whoo~. A lot of entries. I just got out of class so I'll probably try whipping something up. Hopefully I'll find the time to make one myself. I'm currently sick so I won't probably make it.

Probably won't reserve on this post, maybe another.

Here's my entry 'Crossing the Hale'. First time scenebuilding, I had fun making it.....except when wonkyness came up.UMxGuLQ.png

cant be bothered to make a new entry i got exams n stuff

having my finals right now

hard but still interneting

do my ways fellow one

Archived