3rd SFM Contest

2nd SFM Contest

1st SFM Contest

n4aFIM8.png

The new date will be set for March 14 12PM Pacific Time

Entries are now closed and judging has begun - expect results in 2-3 days

Results posted

What's that? Andrews not dead?

That's right folks, after a painstaking couple months of inactivity on the forums and non-contest filled time spand I decided this forum needed a touch up. This'll be the fourth something-something-anual SFM Contest hosted by your's truely. So come one come all who can work a mouse correctly, it's time to make some more awesome SFM's!

Theme:

Time to go way back and I mean wayyyy back in time to a moment where large armies rained and who had the biggest stick didn't have to speak softly. This contest's theme will be scenes of history depicted by each of the contestants. They can be historicly accurate (what I recommend) or a depiction of what it was like, but try to keep it somewhat realistic and if you can't try to go all out.

It's also suggested to give details on the peticular scene you are showing, to help others get more connected with the SFM.

Pre-note: This was probably one of the hardest contests to judge - it's the reason why the results were a bit delayed since I had to bring some extra opinions in. Overall great work, regulars definitely showed improvements and newcomers really brought some new life to the contest, great work guys!

How were the contestants judged? The Strawpoll gave us our top five contestants along with my input, then given to an assortment of judges who ranked them from favorite then scored. The scoring was very close together, but had clear cut points. I took myself out of the judging this time since I personally couldn't decide one over the other.

1st Place

Stairs - Sync

sqCDSBH.png

2nd Place

Kristallnacht - Lictor G6

yNcUQYQ.png

3rd Place

Born To Die - Nicerafi

T8XFlx0.png

Honorable mentions:

Samurai - Tacoman_

Goner - Cryserc

One Free Bird - seenee

Enough words, what can I win?

There will be 3 places and prizes are as follows:

1st: Massed Flies Triboniophorus Tyrannus

2nd: Stormy Storm Buckaroos

3rd: Gifted Massed Flies Magnificent Mongolian

Honorable mentions: Copy of a random game from my steam inventory

Rules:

1. Only original NEW content

2. All work must be signed by the artist (you)

3. You may only submit one final result, but may change your work and resubmit within the time limit

View Entries in Imgur Album

Entries List____________

9joao6

(No Title)

Volt

(No Title)

seenee

One Free Bird

nicerfi

Born To Die

Kevin the Chicken God

Fallen Comrades or something

Z-Wasp

War At Its Finest

Lictor G6

Kristallnacht

Sting

Across No Man's Land

Tacoman_

Samurai

Cryserc

Goner

Rektangle

Christmas Day Truce

Pappy Dage

(No Title)

Cold Fusion

Final Judgement

Time Pool

Crossing the Hale

SquidCubed

Speakeasy

MisterWonka

(No Title)

Wannabe Batman

(No Title)

Pyingyongyang

The Execution

Sync

Stairs

Ban List

swaveboard SKREECH)))

(Any users found with these names in past history will also be banned)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theme:

Time to go way back and I mean wayyyy back in time to a moment where large armies rained and who had the biggest stick didn't have to speak softly. This contest's theme will be scenes of history depicted by each of the contestants. They can be historicly accurate (what I recommend) or a depiction of what it was like, but try to keep it somewhat realistic and if you can't try to go all out.

It's also suggested to give details on the peticular scene you are showing, to help others get more connected with the SFM.

I'm going to whip something up for this because prizes. Any set perameters for what it can be? or just let your heart out?

Suppose just follow the theme guidelines, otherwise whatever goes.

fuckin' finally andrew's back

Not good in english and metaphors, can you explain the theme?

Btw, count me in. Might as well try.

haven't won past 3 contests gib chance pls

Not good in english and metaphors, can you explain the theme?

Btw, count me in. Might as well try.

So for instance could I depict the 300 story in an SFM?

Correct - History in general can date back to old civilizations dating BC or something that happened 10 years ago.

Correct - History in general can date back to old civilizations dating BC or something that happened 10 years ago.

so I couldnt do Obama's acceptance speech?

I have to ask, why is swaveboard banned from this contest?

I'm pretty sure swaveboard has been banned from every contest

I'm pretty sure swaveboard has been banned from every contest

Why?

Also I've decided to do the Last Supper, good luck to all participating!

Why?

Also I've decided to do the Last Supper, good luck to all participating!

in the first contest he took a poster made by someone else and uploaded it, pretending it was his own

shit im first one to make poster

Title: Untitled

imdjl7d6qIXqi.png 

This poster depicts what it would be like in desert warfare (if it was actiony and cool)

lets hope andrew likes it D:

610292-paths_battle.jpg

eilgnq.png

Glad to see Andrew's back! I was told to participate in this contest again, so why not? This was a fun lil thing to do, especially all the headhacking I had to get around. So yeah, a Trench Warfare poster! Good luck everyone! :D

7uiJVYV.jpgMy first time entering a contest, I call it "Pool Party"

uhh 

Theme:

uhh 

Theme:

i just realized by the way

Archived