Why do you prefer Outpost over Bazaar?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

Outpost is so simple an baby can use it. 

Bazaar isnt. 

Outpost has a large userbase. And when it comes to sell thats all that matters, how many are going to see and how much higher of a chance you have that, that one guy who was looking for your salmon lv 42 flop, that you were trading for a musk lv 46 stick, is going to see your trade. 

The only thing chigga has is not banned from bazaar which leaves him to defend bazaar and completely disregard the fact that numbers matter when it comes to trading. 

Buy it now isnt useful to its full potential unless you are premium. And auctions are nice and if they had a larger userbase can be a tool that you'd be foolish to not use. 

Unusual trading is best done via outpost. Not question about it.

Chigga only likes bazaar because its the best trading site he's not banned from

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chigga only likes bazaar because its the best trading site he's not banned from

ever hear of alts?

Bazaar = better features, better place to sell low tier stuff

Outpost = good for unusuals, more users

ever hear of alts?

Chigga, I only trade unusuals now.

I think reddit tops bazaar when it comes to low tier stuff. Thats how i sell all my cheap stuff. It goes quick and can list all in one trade. And very mobile friendly. And dont have to auction and force sell

ever hear of alts?

You cant use alts on outpost. They would get banned. Reason why you dont have alts on outpost. And no one can broker for you without getting banned

I think reddit tops bazaar when it comes to low tier stuff. Thats how i sell all my cheap stuff. It goes quick and can list all in one trade. And very mobile friendly. And dont have to auction and force sell

You cant use alts on outpost. They would get banned. Reason why you dont have alts on outpost. And no one can broker for you without getting banned

I do have alts that are unbanned, 3 are undiscovered....some people broker for me and never get caught. Although tbh I never use my alts for trading, only for suggesting.

I do have alts that are unbanned, 3 are undiscovered....some people broker for me and never get caught. Although tbh I never use my alts for trading, only for suggesting.

Because no one reports.

Because no one reports.

Well how will people report my alts/brokerers if they don't know they are brokering for me?

Well how will people report my alts/brokerers if they don't know they are brokering for me?

It happened to Long. He asked to borrow one of my alts (i had assumed for storage--turns out he was using it for OP), and he was banned within a day or two.

I want premium on OP, cause I'm that type of person, the kind who wants premium on everything, but I do use it a lot. I think outpost is simpler, and I'm stoopid, so me cannot understand all duh complexity of bazaar.

(Spells stupid wrong, but complexity right, visual proof dere.)

-Edit Site colors

-Trade signature

-Edit Text color

-Edit foreground color

-yay pwitty colorz

-unnecessary

-Outpost has that

-yay pwitty colorz

Bazaar has useful utilities like auctioning and buy now as well as a simpler bump system, but it also has a set of rather unclear and draconian rules, and overzealous mods to enforce them.

/r/tf2trade is a terrible trading site IMO - it's just really not designed for that sort of thing.  People can downvote your trades if they don't like them, resulting in them being less visible; you can't bump trades; and you can only post 1 trade per 24 hours, making for a really primitive trading site.  On top of that, very little people use it.  I don't recall ever having someone respond to any of my trades there, and I use reddit fairly often.  I think the mods could have done a better job of making that subreddit.

Bazaar has useful utilities like auctioning and buy now as well as a simpler bump system, but it also has a set of rather unclear and draconian rules, and overzealous mods to enforce them.

How are the rules unclear...

And how are the mods overzealous...

and overzealous mods>mods who sit around and don't do anything

I can honestly say after using bazaar again (after not using it for like 4 months) it's 100% more useful, alot more tools to use. Plus buy nows and auctions are hella convient.

Userbase.

Bazaar needs more of it. If it had even half the userbase of tf2outpost...

First they need to fix the layout...its just too cumbersome. They really need to streamline it.

First they need to fix the layout...its just too cumbersome. They really need to streamline it.

How the hell is the layout too cumbersome...

Quote from Fiskie: "The layout has been worse - just a few months ago there were useless buttons cluttering the main interface. It's been toned down a lot, but at this point I'm stuck on how to appeal to people who are completely technologically inept.

If you're used to it you won't see the issues, but there are probably some there. However, Outpost is prone to the same issues (there are a lot of unexplained buttons there, don't make me get started on the whole click-username-to-see-trade thing) so people who use that site yet complain about confusing stuff here just aren't bothering to give it enough of a chance."

How the hell is the layout too cumbersome...

Quote from Fiskie: "The layout has been worse - just a few months ago there were useless buttons cluttering the main interface. It's been toned down a lot, but at this point I'm stuck on how to appeal to people who are completely technologically inept.

If you're used to it you won't see the issues, but there are probably some there. However, Outpost is prone to the same issues (there are a lot of unexplained buttons there, don't make me get started on the whole click-username-to-see-trade thing) so people who use that site yet complain about confusing stuff here just aren't bothering to give it enough of a chance."

i used both bazaar and op for quite a while, trust me, i've given bazaar a chance. I still use bazaar, OP is just more user friendly. 

i used both bazaar and op for quite a while, trust me, i've given bazaar a chance. I still use bazaar, OP is just more user friendly. 

First used bazaar 8 months ago when it was crap, quit for 6 months, came back 2 months ago.

Hates bazaar because

>Quickbuying sucks there

>Has never tried auctioning

>Has never tried buy now

First used bazaar 8 months ago when it was crap, quit for 6 months, came back 2 months ago.

Hates bazaar because

>Quickbuying sucks there

>Has never tried auctioning

>Has never tried buy now

>Selling sucks there

>Tried auctioning, get shit offers. You're literally one of the only people who get good offers

>Buy Now is pointless since most people end up adding you anyway, plus i'd much rather have a 100% overpay (something buy now is too stupid to do)

>Selling sucks there

>Tried auctioning, get shit offers. You're literally one of the only people who get good offers

>Buy Now is pointless since most people end up adding you anyway, plus i'd much rather have a 100% overpay (something buy now is too stupid to do)

http://bazaar.tf/trade/401938 - lel

buy now = don't have to deal with illiterates

http://bazaar.tf/trade/386785

http://bazaar.tf/trade/393261

http://bazaar.tf/trade/384190

http://bazaar.tf/trade/380114

http://bazaar.tf/trade/378989

http://bazaar.tf/trade/380050

http://bazaar.tf/trade/379906

And now, most people don't end up adding you. So far I've gotten like 2 adds from bazaar nubs who didn't know what buy now was, and I've made at least 30 buy now trades

>Selling sucks there

bazaar is the average buyer's paradise. Little arbitrage due to the blatant bp.tf prices.

I have completed my first unusual auction. Profit. I have two more up and already have the price I want bidded on one. I have my orb fire juju up now and will use that sale to reprice that hat.

and overzealous mods>mods who sit around and don't do anything

Outpost mods do plenty.

How are the rules unclear...

And how are the mods overzealous...

They're very unclear.  One example would be the rule stating that in an auction, if you turn down an offer after you've marked it as the highest bid, you're liable to lose rep.  This leads people to think that they have the choice between losing rep and accepting the bid, which is exactly what the rule implies - but no, Bazaar tries to ban people who don't honour an accepted bid.

Archived