Why do you prefer Outpost over Bazaar?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

Well one reason I tend not to use bazaar much is the fact that you get bans/warnings for not sticking to bp.tf prices. Already have 2 bans for that. Other than that, technically I like bazaar much better. Just the fact that you can re-open a trade is great. 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outpost now has the best bump method and the problems from when it first updated where fixed and now is 100% better once again. 

But i really like reddit to be honest lots of traffic and things sell faster there. 

Even Trading post is still better then bazaar. Bazaar is only for the people perma banned on outpost. 

Bazaar isn't full of people who constantly lowball / highball. Bazaar is full of traffic, and recently I have been getting 5x more offers on Bazaar than Outpost. 

How does outpost have the best bump method?

By the way, it's not for people perma banned. It's for people wanting to see legitimate trades, try new functions and trade types and have total customisation on the way you trade.

The only thing I agree with you on is that the user base is lacking. For now.

Well one reason I tend not to use bazaar much is the fact that you get bans/warnings for not sticking to bp.tf prices. Already have 2 bans for that. Other than that, technically I like bazaar much better. Just the fact that you can re-open a trade is great. 

I believe the rules have changed recently. You just can't do ridiculous trades like a bud for a scrap, etc. But I believe they do want you to stick somewhere close to the price for buying.

Well I would like to have the written word of an admin that they changed that before I would use the site more. Especially since they applied for SR. I do not want my account caution tagged for buying/selling an item outside of the "permitted" pricerange...

Well I would like to have the written word of an admin that they changed that before I would use the site more. Especially since they applied for SR. I do not want my account caution tagged for buying/selling an item outside of the "permitted" pricerange...

They changed the rules of that. Quickbuyer trades are allowed too.

They changed the rules of that. Quickbuyer trades are allowed too.

Idiots. They removed the only thing that was making Bazaar a good place to trade at.

Idiots. They removed the only thing that was making Bazaar a good place to trade at.

Whats wrong with quick buyers? I use them too, very helpful for quick keys. Only people who dislike them are morons who can't sell their stuff and think everyone needs to pay bp tf prices

Without quickbuyers the economy would fall apart since there would be no incentive to trade for profit. 

Whats wrong with quick buyers? I use them too, very helpful for quick keys. Only people who dislike them are morons who can't sell their stuff and think everyone needs to pay bp tf prices

+1

There's still an option to hide quickbuyer trades. Just go to your settings. Oh and quickbuyers get nowhere with their trades on bazaar.

Outpost has a more friendly layout to mobile users unlike Bazaar, where everything's shown in a vertical column. I also like Autobump on Outpost instead of the shorter amount of time to bump your trades on Bazaar.

@McCoolName, I don't think I need to check your outpost profile to say that you're one of them lol

Nope, i buy items for full price then sell them for less.

Did Accell hire Chigga to advertise for them or something? 

I don't think Accell likes me. I think I made too many support tickets.

Uhm I don't like outpost over bazaar. So why ask why I do? Bazaar is harder to find nubs underpricing their shit though, because of the suggested value. But I love auctions

I don't think Accell likes me.

no admins or mods like me anywhere(i hate dem too), except here :C

You hate erryone, wonder why you have no friends

because steam friends matter just as much as irl friends

because steam friends matter just as much as irl friends

irl friends? irl friends....IRL friends...

the fuck is rl?

/sarcasm

• 2 weeks later...

Pros of Outpost:

Lots of users

Can check item history, easy for doing price suggestions

Cons of Outpost:
Phishers

Lowballers

Shitty layout

Tons of quickbuyers 

Dumb traders: Left hand side: A hat Right hand side: A ref. *Opens trade* Notes- selling this hat for 1.33

Pros of Bazaar:

Buy Now (Bot does the trading for you)
Auctions (Great way of getting rid of special vintages, painted items, genuines, etc.)

Better way of bumping

Bazaar Plus (Gives you an immediate notification)

Able to post more than 8 items on one side of your trade

Ability to show your item (add item function) when offering on a trade/auction

Shows the price of an item so people don't get sharked.

Doesn't ban you if you shark.

Bans phishers immediatley (took literally 5 seconds). That's the only phisher I've ever seen on bazaar.

You can customize bazaar to suit you (color, trade signature, filtering quickbuyer trades, etc.)

Cons of Bazaar:

Not as many users as Outpost

Pretty much sums it up :/

I don't really understand why people prefer Outpost over Bazaar. The only reason I can think of is that there are much more outpost users. Are there any other reasons you guys prefer Outpost over Bazaar?

Because you're not on outpost.

Outpost is great for normal trades (massive userbase), but bazaar's buy now is a nice feature. Took me 2 days to sell a bp expander on outpost for 2.33. Put up a buy now trade for one at the same price and it was sold within 2 hours, was then able to buy another for 1.66 quickly. Auctions are also a nice way of getting rid of useless crap for a decent price.

edit: wtf I've currently bought and sold 5 bp exps in 4 hours using the buy now bots compared to one every 2 days on tf2op  :o

Archived