Why do you prefer Outpost over Bazaar?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

I don't really understand why people prefer Outpost over Bazaar. The only reason I can think of is that there are much more outpost users. Are there any other reasons you guys prefer Outpost over Bazaar?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason I could think of is already stated in your analysis: Much larger user base. Maybe also because outpost's layout is visually more basic, while bazaar's a little more advanced.

The only reason I could think of is already stated in your analysis: Much larger user base. Maybe also because outpost's layout is visually more basic, while bazaar's a little more advanced.

Meh, I find it relatively simple to use. I like the way you can edit items out and put in new items in a current trade without having to create a new trade.

more users. I like how on bazaar it auto bumps when you log in though :c

It's a handy tool, which can be taken advantage of by logging in/logging out, while the only way to autobump on outpost is donating

Meh, I find it relatively simple to use. I like the way you can edit items out and put in new items in a current trade without having to create a new trade.

It can be rather challenging to figure it out at first, honestly. My first reaction was "Okay, how do I use this?!"

In conclusion: They both have their pros, but there's also the cons attached to it.

It's a handy tool, which can be taken advantage of by logging in/logging out, while the only way to autobump on outpost is donating

It can be rather challenging to figure it out at first, honestly. My first reaction was "Okay, how do I use this?!"

In conclusion: They both have their pros, but there's also the cons attached to it.

It only autobumps when you log in after 30 mins

It only autobumps when you log in after 30 mins

10 minutes for me (they gave me Gold VIP for some reason, I don't know why...)

bazaar is the best...

outpost has more users but eh.. I still get a lot of trades from bazaar surprisingly..

lucky

I think it was because I reported a bug, it showed a Gen.Cleaver as 1 key instead of 2.33 ref.

Outpost: more people, simpler layout.

Bazaar: edit your trades. (the auto bump system Sucks because ut only works when you refresh the Page, so it requires my attention)

Outpost: more people, simpler layout.

Bazaar: edit your trades. (the auto bump system Sucks because ut only works when you refresh the Page, so it requires my attention)

if you install the bazaar plus plugin it'll bump as you're browsing elsewhere.  also, i would consider this a pro not a con...  the bumping on outpost means old trades that are no longer valid still appear at the top of the search.

the only thing outpost has going for it is the userbase - but bazaar is growing.  i see more and more of my trades happen through there.  the buy now bots are excellent, and the trade editor is much more advanced.

in conclusion, i use bazaar because i want to. i use outpost because i [still] have to...

I use both

Outpost for primarily trading

Bazaar.tf for regular items I have to resell. I dont have space on outpost for those. Single items I put in bots and they sell usually really fast.

It works great, at first I didnt expect much at bazaar.tf but it works way better then you think if you give it a chance. I use the chrome plugin and my trades gets auto-bumped every 10 minutes.

Team Fortress 2 trading sites are like my children. I love them all. Hence why I have $1 Donor membership (green text!) on Outpost and Silver VIP on Bazaar (which I got for 25% as part of their one-year anniversary). I'll probably both give them more money when I get the chance.

Outpost auto-bumps automatically, while for Bazaar, you need the plugin to do it (which is partly why I love using Chrome so much), but it's a much shorter bump period. Outpost has more users and a lot of highballing, while Bazaar has less using it and fewer lowballers. Bazaar has Buy Now and their large collection of trading bots, and so on.

I generally prefer to use Bazaar in most circumstances, but both sites are about equal to me.

outpost, just because it looks so much cleaner. requires less attension from me and its userbase.

i would only use bazaar if i got banned off op

The reason most traders don't like bazaar is that they display prices on the items which somewhat counters their ability to price the items how they want.  So, most traders went to OP and the buyers had to go there.

If anyone used bazaar I would go there.

Also, bazaar's layout is pretty meh; lot of things crammed everywhere and it's not easy to navigate

The reason most traders don't like bazaar is that they display prices on the items which somewhat counters their ability to price the items how they want.  So, most traders went to OP and the buyers had to go there.

which is why lots of sharks happen on outpost

Archived