Why do you prefer Outpost over Bazaar?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

If anyone used bazaar I would go there.

Also, bazaar's layout is pretty meh; lot of things crammed everywhere and it's not easy to navigate

outpost is a mess as well.  the only reason you put up with the UI is that we've all gotten used to its many quirks because it hasn't been refreshed at all in more than 6 months.  and look at what happened when sneeza change the item search system to require the RETURN key being pressed.  pandemonium.  traders are lazy and stupid :P

bazaar has recently cleaned up their interface so it's less confusing.  there's still work to do for sure but the feature set is lightyears ahead of outpost (outpost is really just a cleanup of tf2tp - no new meaningful features)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybodies logic: I would use it if there were more users. I wonder why there are no users...

'cause outpost has the vast majority of marketshare right now.  it came to market first and has retained most of the userbase from when only the awful tf2tp was a reasonable alternative.

as a comparison/analogy, backpack.tf supplanted spreadsheet very quickly because spreadsheet owners got caught doing shady shit.  otherwise it would have taken a long time despite backpack.tf being superior in every way to spreadsheet.

(it took years for facebook to pass myspace in marketshare despite one being clearly much better than the other)

'cause outpost has the vast majority of marketshare right now.  it came to market first and has retained most of the userbase from when only the awful tf2tp was a reasonable alternative.

as a comparison/analogy, backpack.tf supplanted spreadsheet very quickly because spreadsheet owners got caught doing shady shit.  otherwise it would have taken a long time despite backpack.tf being superior in every way to spreadsheet.

(it took years for facebook to pass myspace in marketshare despite one being clearly much better than the other)

instagram 4 teh win

Outpost was always my trading site. I used others too but I'm way to lazy to edit my trade when I sell a item on 4 sites. Also bazaar is even slower than outpost. :P

Outpost was always my trading site. I used others too but I'm way to lazy to edit my trade when I sell a item on 4 sites. Also bazaar is even slower than outpost. :P

Outpost=crashes

Bazaar= never crashes

Woifi= bad internet :P

Outpost=crashes

Bazaar= never crashes

Woifi= bad internet :P

Haven't used bazaar for months though, maybe it's faster now. And not true, when outpost was on a crash streak bazaar crashed too. Anyways I'm pretty much done trading right now.^^

Haven't used bazaar for months though, maybe it's faster now. And not true, when outpost was on a crash streak bazaar crashed too. Anyways I'm pretty much done trading right now.^^

They came out with several major updates

I think it was because I reported a bug, it showed a Gen.Cleaver as 1 key instead of 2.33 ref.

bugs not fixed. I auctioned off one of those just today. no wonder my starting bid made no sense for that item

Personally, I prefer OP for the higher-up things like unusuals and USD trades. However, this may be a biased opinion since I have never used bazaar in all honesty.

Personally, I prefer OP for the higher-up things like unusuals and USD trades. However, this may be a biased opinion since I have never used bazaar in all honesty.

I like auctioning unusuals.

And use bazaar goddamnit

which 4 sites

Im starting to hate outpost cus it's flooded with traders that list their items for like refs and you click the link only to find they want a key :P

Eg a craft hat selling for 1.33 refs??? click the link find that they want 2 refs instead...

I like both for different reasons. I feel like Outpost gets more visits, but Bazaar lets you put more than 8 items in the selling/buying boxes which means your trade request can be more detailed. I'm not really sure which I like better.

Im starting to hate outpost cus it's flooded with traders that list their items for like refs and you click the link only to find they want a key :P

Eg a craft hat selling for 1.33 refs??? click the link find that they want 2 refs instead...

Report 'em.

I always preferred outpost to bazaar, because, lets be honest, they get over 10 times the traffic that bazaar does. Unusual trades get next to no attention on bazaar for some reason.

So I just want to bump this and see what people think now that outpost has completely changed the look. Don't discuss the new layout (Do so here ), but discuss why you still prefer it. 

I like both for different reasons. I feel like Outpost gets more visits, but Bazaar lets you put more than 8 items in the selling/buying boxes which means your trade request can be more detailed. I'm not really sure which I like better.

http://bazaar.tf/trade/213016

http://bazaar.tf/trade/213015

I always preferred outpost to bazaar, because, lets be honest, they get over 10 times the traffic that bazaar does. Unusual trades get next to no attention on bazaar for some reason.

if you make auctions for unusuals...THEN you get a lot of attention

Outpost now has the best bump method and the problems from when it first updated where fixed and now is 100% better once again. 

But i really like reddit to be honest lots of traffic and things sell faster there. 

Even Trading post is still better then bazaar. Bazaar is only for the people perma banned on outpost. 

Outpost now has the best bump method and the problems from when it first updated where fixed and now is 100% better once again. 

But i really like reddit to be honest lots of traffic and things sell faster there. 

Even Trading post is still better then bazaar. Bazaar is only for the people perma banned on outpost.

Are you saying tf2tp is bad? Besides from the fact I have to remake my trades daily and no search when making trades, it's an amazing site.

Are you saying tf2tp is bad? Besides from the fact I have to remake my trades daily and no search when making trades, it's an amazing site.

You listed the problems to the site. It's not super user friendly. You can't even ask for stranges.

But it's amazing. Overpricing? Doesn't matter it sells :)

Bazaar not very user friendly. Over pricing? Won't sell. Underpricing? Still won't sell. Any views? No.

Archived