Google is now a scammer

Micah ΧΞΣ

Also, Middlemen are completely USELESS from a seller's perspective in a Paypal Trade simply because the Buyer can Still chargeback after they get the stuff from the Middleman. Anybody who thinks a middleman is actually preventing them from getting scammed is deluding themselves.

A middleman is not a 100% guarantee, of course.  But there are benefits to using a good middleman, because they can actually be helpful in the sense that they have the experience to know what to look for when profiling a person and what signs to look for during a transaction, and will at least be able to offer advice during the trade and in the event that something does go awry, and they know how to properly document things and can push through a scammer tag.  So you're wrong.  A middleman is not completely useless.

And of course there are situations where a middleman is useful which have absolutely nothing to do with paypal.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there's certainly been extremely intelligent people that have done some terrible things.  You're right about that.  But I would argue that these individuals lacked emotional inteligence and empathy, two forms we often sweep aside in favour of inteligence that's easier to measure (math, logic, etc.). 

As for Google, I'm still not impressed.  I don't even think he had these intentions all along.  He may say that he did, but I doubt that these were his intentions from day 1.  All of us who've been around for a while could do the same thing (i.e. start cash scamming people) and then go "hahah losers, this was my plan all along". 

True. There is intelligence in emotional understanding and empathy, I'm not going to deny that. What you alluded to in your original post was that all intelligent people have those emotional connections.

I will agree with your viewpoint on the second part. If this was not planned from the start, it would empower and enrich the effect of the scam to go out with a grandiose display and mockery saying that the whole plan was deep-seed.

*snipping of some old scams*

I know that it's easy to ask this in hindsight, but.... Why am I not surprised by Google?

LET IT GO, LET IT GOOOOOOOO THAT SHIT IS TOO DAMN OOOOOOOLD

But srsly It was not really surprising to me. I never knew/traded with him but hell he had all the tell-tale signs of scamming.

I don't mind scamming on tf2 since its just a video game but paypal scamming is akin to fraud imo. A lot of people work hard for their money. It's a bit of a dick move to not care and steal actual dollars from peoples paypals.

People who do credit card fraud and straight up social engineering to attain access to credit cards are the worst tho. I seriously hope you are not even considering doing that.

Is that a pun? Am I missing something? I feel like I'm missing something. Does it have to do with iggy azalea? 

"Fancy"

no not the song, I know the song i was tlaking about the koopa. Apparently his name is Iggy.

Oh never knew the monsters names though Ive payed most Mario's before.

Cept Bowser

I don't mind scamming on tf2 since its just a video game but paypal scamming is akin to fraud imo. A lot of people work hard for their money. It's a bit of a dick move to not care and steal actual dollars from peoples paypals.

People who do credit card fraud and straight up social engineering to attain access to credit cards are the worst tho. I seriously hope you are not even considering doing that.

He didn't get any cash, only Unusuals and high tier hats. From what I know atleast

lol you actually did called it. xD

Seriously,I have no idea how people didn't see it. Out of nowhere it started buying crappy stuff overpaying. Standard chargeback once he got the max in those 60 days.

He had few hours,few games,few hours,few trades,few everything.

• Administrators

Seriously,I have no idea how people didn't see it. Out of nowhere it started buying crappy stuff overpaying. Standard chargeback once he got the max in those 60 days.

Like I said on my post... Everyone overlooked those things and just saw the "paypal" trusts stuff. Nobody bothered to check anything regarding to his game hours, trades, level and so on and so on. He had big flaws but everyone who did paypal trade with him overlooked those.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/16829-google-is-now-a-scammer/?p=186864

This type of horse shit is what pisses me off the most in life...people with high credibility that either are able to get away with what they do or, in this case, use their credibility to dish out damage in as little as time possible. With this happening, now who the hell can we trust without middlemen? This whole act pretty much punched credible traders' reputation in the face, because how the hell do we know that they won't do it too? Diarrhea donkeys like this just further crush faith in humanity. Pretty soon we're going to need trade codes, finger prints, a blood test, and a signature from the secretary of the department of homeland security.

lol wat? He wasn't a reputable trader. Never been one.

Well, not everyone who overpays and starts from nowhere turns out to be a scammer --> Neymar. 

lol wat? He wasn't a reputable trader. Never been one.

+1

A middleman is not a 100% guarantee, of course.  But there are benefits to using a good middleman, because they can actually be helpful in the sense that they have the experience to know what to look for when profiling a person and what signs to look for during a transaction, and will at least be able to offer advice during the trade and in the event that something does go awry, and they know how to properly document things and can push through a scammer tag.  So you're wrong.  A middleman is not completely useless.

And of course there are situations where a middleman is useful which have absolutely nothing to do with paypal.

I don't know know about you but the whole point of getting a middleman is to prevent chargebacks rather than help you report people when it happens. I have sold over 2000$ worth of keys/buds and never been chargeback scammed. I have gone first in EVERY instance except with Bobsplosion since I do not maintain nor wish to maintain a rep thread. All a middleman does for the seller in a paypal transaction is provide a false sense of security.

Also, I consider seller rep almost completely meaningless. The buyer is the one that must be trusted. The seller either delivers or not but if not the buyer can just chargeback the payment.

Archived