Google is now a scammer

Micah ΧΞΣ

A lot more than $7000 mate. I've got people who are quick buying hats. I've got 15 alts and my backpack is private so it doesn't show all of what I've got.

Like [F2P] Lone Knight, Penek and all of the other "I need a proof" scammer's fences?

Loving all the assmangled faggots ITT

Don't be a dumbass online or you're gonna get rekt by someone that's not. It's plain and simple.

It's not like Google held everyone he "scammed" at gunpoint to make the trade. They consented and they got rused hard.

Oh, now, at least just openly declare that you're a secondary account.

Real lesson honestly is to report scammers IMMEDIATELY once you are scammed.

I understand people before JollyDoctor were scammed. Why did you guys stay silent? Why was it only JollyDoctor that stated anything?

This scum would have made FAR less money if he was called out earlier.

Don't sit around and expect him to get away with it. In the future, report as soon as you are scammed please, so we don't have a mess like this ever again.

While we're on that topic, I'll just leave these here. http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/66699 http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198052501579-ryno%E2%9C%BF-worstspyugc.38718/ He scammed a kid out of an Orbiting Fire Charmer's Chapeau a long time ago and got away with it purely because the incapable kid didn't say anything. http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/12627749 http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/12699899 The (gift-wrap-) scammer paid with what he knew well was not what he was saying was wrapped up in there. http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/12690981 Yeah, I've been waiting for an excuse to revive that story.

I know that it's easy to ask this in hindsight, but.... Why am I not surprised by Google?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most obvious suspicious thing is that he has an extremely low time for paypal trading for tf2 purposes. 415 hours? Sounds like something fishy since he started using paypal.

The most obvious suspicious thing is that he has an extremely low time for paypal trading for tf2 purposes. 415 hours? Sounds like something fishy since he started using paypal.

Wow, let's look at stuff in retrospect.

Not to mention 4 games and level 5

Well fuck then. I always knew he was sort of an ass but I didn't truly expect him to go full scammer mode. Welp he is marked on Steamrep trade banned and banned on the forums. Time to move on now I guess.

MHIPJLo.png

I'm LEGIT guise! Scammer nubs stay away.

I know hindsight is 20:20 but this would have happened sooner or later so remember kids. NEVER SELL UNUSUALS FOR CASH!

• Administrators

That's just the internet for you. Even the "cool people" might turn to the dark side.

I completely disagree with you. Google was and has been a shady user since beginning but he has gained trust through tricks and all but he had flaws that people overlooked. Such as...Low steam level, low game hours, low amount of games (Less than 10 games) and many other things.

When you have people who is high on all those numbers and things that I mentioned of, the chance of them to not scam you are incredibly high, because they don't want to loose the credibility they earned through trading, they don't want to get trade banned and not to mention, they don't want anything thrown by Valve to their account because that would mean all their hard work would go to complete waste. That is why many traders say, paypal trade with legitimate people not shady ones.

People turning to dark side means that they will loose their steam account as well, I don't think anyone who has reasonable amount of steam level, amount of games, amount of time they devoted would ever completely risk their steam account.

This type of horse shit is what pisses me off the most in life...people with high credibility that either are able to get away with what they do or, in this case, use their credibility to dish out damage in as little as time possible. With this happening, now who the hell can we trust without middlemen? This whole act pretty much punched credible traders' reputation in the face, because how the hell do we know that they won't do it too? Diarrhea donkeys like this just further crush faith in humanity. Pretty soon we're going to need trade codes, finger prints, a blood test, and a signature from the secretary of the department of homeland security.

Is that a pun? Am I missing something? I feel like I'm missing something. Does it have to do with iggy azalea? 

Super Mario Brothers 3. That is Iggy Koopa.

I completely disagree with you. Google was and has been a shady user since beginning but he has gained trust through tricks and all but he had flaws that people overlooked. Such as...Low steam level, low game hours, low amount of games (Less than 10 games) and many other things.

When you have people who is high on all those numbers and things that I mentioned of, the chance of them to not scam you are incredibly high, because they don't want to loose the credibility they earned through trading, they don't want to get trade banned and not to mention, they don't want anything thrown by Valve to their account because that would mean all their hard work would go to complete waste. That is why many traders say, paypal trade with legitimate people not shady ones.

People turning to dark side means that they will loose their steam account as well, I don't think anyone who has reasonable amount of steam level, amount of games, amount of time they devoted would ever completely risk their steam account.

I do agree that about Google, but there is also people who has many hours on TF2, many games, and many +rep, ect. can be scammers too.

The smart people always win. Still got a good 100 left on my friends list, this isn't over yet. Here's my alt - http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198107915875

Think you might know why I did this ;)

So you figured since you were done with this game you might as well scam some people out of 1000s of dollars...because #yolo?

That's not smart.   Intelligent people feel empathy and have a moral compass.  You clearly don't.  You're not smart, you're just a dick.   Also, paypal scamming doesn't exactly require a lot of cunning, a fucking 12 year old could do it. 

So you figured since you were done with this game you might as well scam some people out of 1000s of dollars...because #yolo?

That's not smart.   Intelligent people feel empathy and have a moral compass.  You clearly don't.  You're not smart, you're just a dick.   Also, paypal scamming doesn't exactly require a lot of cunning, a fucking 12 year old could do it. 

Ehhh, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one although I'm not condoning what he did. What he did was incredibly thought out. To build up that much trust with the sole intention of a mass amount of chargeback scams at a later date is a pretty smart concept that not many people would be able to execute effectively. As for intelligent people feeling empathy and having a moral compass, that is not always true. The smart detach themselves from such concepts since they cloud judgement of issues at hand. This could turn into another debate entirely and I'd be willing to discuss this with you in the right subforum if you wish.

Ehhh, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one although I'm not condoning what he did. What he did was incredibly thought out. To build up that much trust with the sole intention of a mass amount of chargeback scams at a later date is a pretty smart concept that not many people would be able to execute effectively. As for intelligent people feeling empathy and having a moral compass, that is not always true. The smart detach themselves from such concepts since they cloud judgement of issues at hand. This could turn into another debate entirely and I'd be willing to discuss this with you in the right subforum if you wish.

Yeah, there's certainly been extremely intelligent people that have done some terrible things.  You're right about that.  But I would argue that these individuals lacked emotional inteligence and empathy, two forms we often sweep aside in favour of inteligence that's easier to measure (math, logic, etc.). 

As for Google, I'm still not impressed.  I don't even think he had these intentions all along.  He may say that he did, but I doubt that these were his intentions from day 1.  All of us who've been around for a while could do the same thing (i.e. start cash scamming people) and then go "hahah losers, this was my plan all along". 

Why are you guys acting so shocked?  It's as if you don't know what people are really like, even after spending so much time trading.  I'm reminded of that steamrep mod who went rogue a while back during a trade he was being a middleman for.  What was said about him was very telling.  I'm paraphrasing here, but it went something like this: "What is to stop someone from building up a ton of rep and then cashing it in like this?".

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/comments/1s2oez/psa_steamrep_adminmiddleman_scammer/

Only sell keys for cash to game traders if you are truly paranoid. Their entire business relies on being able to buy keys for less than steam market cost and nobody will buy games from marked sellers because you can't be sure that it is actually going to work. And like plaxorous said. High Steam Level, Massive Number of games, and Months worth of Paypal Purchases. 

Also, Middlemen are completely USELESS from a seller's perspective in a Paypal Trade simply because the Buyer can Still chargeback after they get the stuff from the Middleman. Anybody who thinks a middleman is actually preventing them from getting scammed is deluding themselves.

All the victims' fault. You're all dumbasses for not being careful and not using a SR MM or MCT, whatever community I guess that has a MM.

otherwise he might have used chargeback eitherway then it wouldnt be your fault

Even with a middleman he could still charge back.*derp* didn't read the second line :unsure:

Although, I still wouldn't have gone near him with a 50-foot pole. 

Archived