backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Hello,

Does someone know how to make it so that the bot accepts and confirms trades from Escrow and AUTH users? Not only AUTH users?

Because at this time... it says: 

15:25:43 - warn: Offer #910603961 would incur up to 3 escrow. Not accepting.

I have also entered in my "identity_secret <your base64 identity_secret>"  as Identity_secret = blahblahblahdsasdadsa
But still getting a msg: Successfully accepted; confirmation required.

does not confirm on its own.

Thank You,

Spirit

Add this to your config.json:

"acceptEscrow": true

Hey,

@Dr.McKay - Thanks for your support.

@Mr.Giang - I am not quite sure what the extention of the file is. Try looking up on google how to open such extensions. example: "How to open .txt files" "How to open .Spirit files" 

Thank You,

Spirit

The problem is that the file doesn't even have an extention to begin with, just "Steamguard-76561198092233343". It would be a lot easier if it had one :/

The problem is that the file doesn't even have an extention to begin with, just "Steamguard-76561198092233343". It would be a lot easier if it had one :/

If you're on pc open it with notepad++, it works fine without the file extension

Extensions don't mean anything. Windows uses them to quickly tell what type of data the file *should* contain, however you can just open that file in Windows Notepad or any other plain text editor. It contains human-readable JSON string.

The identity_secret looks like this, right?

-snip-

If I'm not mistaken your identity secret is something you REALLY don't want to share with others.

I wouldn't know how to abuse it, but with escrow seriously screwing over scammers there are probably dozens (if not hundreds) of scammers trying their very best to find a way to steal stuff again.

And where there is a will, there is a way. Or something like that.

Sharing your identity_secret makes you a prime candidate for hacking!!!

If that is really your actual identity_secret PLEASE delete it asap!

If I'm not mistaken your identity secret is something you REALLY don't want to share with others.

I wouldn't know how to abuse it, but with escrow seriously screwing over scammers there are probably dozens (if not hundreds) of scammers trying their very best to find a way to steal stuff again.

And where there is a will, there is a way. Or something like that.

Sharing your identity_secret makes you a prime candidate for hacking!!!

If that is really your actual identity_secret PLEASE delete it asap!

I have changed it into something weird similiar that, no worry, just want to ask if the value looks like that or not :P

Should have used plain Notepad, not MS Word.

Seems like the iOS app uses some proprietary encoding scheme and I believe your identity_secret is NOT what the green arrow points at.

Only sell orders are supported. I see all your sell orders with the lightning bolt and buy orders with double arrow as its intended to be.

woah, idk what happened. Previously i checked, half of my listings didnt have lightening bolt... now they do have. Weird, i will do a SS next time

Extensions don't mean anything. Windows uses them to quickly tell what type of data the file *should* contain, however you can just open that file in Windows Notepad or any other plain text editor. It contains human-readable JSON string.

Well that isn't true, the file is a binary plist, I doubt windows notepad can decode that, which is why people are suggesting to use Notepad++ on Windows and TextWrangler on OSX. -- If you check the original guide I made for getting the file on IOS there is a quick node script to decode / print that file so it is readable by a human.

Hello,

The bot keep saying "Confirm action required" as as if its unable to confirm on its own.

Thank You,

Spirit

It will say that even if it's going to confirm it on its own. Is it not? You probably have a wrong identity_secret.

so, i installed osx in vmware, got the darn identity_secret, added it to automatic aaaaaaaaand it crashes at start.

Remember login? (no) Desktop\automatic 1.0\app\steamclient.js:180
                                                steam.startConfirmationChecker(1
0000, config.steam.identitySecret[sid]);
                                                ^
ReferenceError: steam is not defined
    at C:\Users\MI51\Desktop\automatic 1.0\app\steamclient.js:180:7
    at Request._callback (Desktop\automatic 1.0\node_modules\steam
community\index.js:146:5)
    at Request.self.callback (\Desktop\automatic 1.0\node_modules\r
equest\request.js:198:22)
    at Request.emit (events.js:110:17)
    at Request.<anonymous> (\Desktop\automatic 1.0\node_modules\req
uest\request.js:1035:10)
    at Request.emit (events.js:129:20)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (Desktop\automatic 1.0\node_mod
ules\request\request.js:962:12)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:129:20)
    at _stream_readable.js:908:16
    at process._tickCallback (node.js:355:11)
Press any key to continue . . .

automatic 1.0 / node release/v0.12.9/x64/

any ideas? thanks

LE: it does not crash without identity key

How did you add it to automatic? did you edit the file manually, because it looks like you broke something in the config file.

i added in console with identity_secret. it confirmed it was saved and all trade confirmation will be accepted and after i restart it, i get that error. i've made no manual changes to config.json

LE: found the error. the variable for identity secret from the config.json is identitySecret. i added _ and now it's not crashing anymore

i guess now i need to wait for someone to buy something from my listings to see if it works

i added in console with identity_secret. it confirmed it was saved and all trade confirmation will be accepted and after i restart it, i get that error. i've made no manual changes to config.json

LE: found the error. the variable for identity secret from the config.json is identitySecret. i added _ and now it's not crashing anymore

That doesn't sound like a fix, now it's probably ignoring it. McKay fixed this bug now (but not released in the download yet) -- just wait for new version (or do git pull if you have git installed) then try the identity_secret command again

It will say that even if it's going to confirm it on its own. Is it not? You probably have a wrong identity_secret.

It is not confirming on its own.

How did you add it to automatic? did you edit the file manually, because it looks like you broke something in the config file.

I added it the way it was instructed = "identity_secret blahblahbalbhaalbah"

i guess now i need to wait for someone to buy something from my listings to see if it works

It is true... that in the Config it does display as IdentitySecret not Identity_Secret. Perhaps that is my issue aswell.

Thank You,

Spriit

EDIT: GONNA TEST THE 1.1.0

Hello,

@Dr.McKay - Thank you for your support - Testing new version right now. I will edit this post with the results

Thank You,

Spirit

EDIT: It has worked =D at least once =P gonna try to add acceptEscrow: true into the config also

EDIT2: thanks for having that already in the confirm just set to false =D

It's supposed to be identitySecret, not identity_secret.

sorry, i have absolutely no knowledge of programming and i've never seen the steam API. i assumed that was the correct variable because that's what i've seen the those files from iphone.

anyway, i can also confirm it works, thank you very much.