backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Good work.

I have a problem however. Downloaded the new 1.00 Version, unzipped and ran it. Unfortunately, it always crashes instantly after it says: "Logged into Steam!".

Updated to new node-v0.12.9-x64 as i was unsure what version i was running and if that may be the cause of the problem. Same result, though. 

20:57:40 - info: backpack.tf Automatic v1.0.0 starting

20:58:01 - info: Logged into Steam!
20:58:02 - verbose: Setting Trade Offer Manager cookies.
20:58:03 - info: Trade manager ready to go.
backpack.tf token C:\Users\e\Desktop\BA1_0\node_modules\steam-tradeoffer-mana
ger\lib\classes\TradeOffer.js:115
        offer.escrowEnds = data.escrow_end_date ? new Date(escrow_end_date * 100
0) :
                                                           ^
ReferenceError: escrow_end_date is not defined
    at createOfferFromData (C:\Users\e\Desktop\BA1_0\node_modules\steam-trade
offer-manager\lib\classes\TradeOffer.js:115:53)
    at C:\Users\e\Desktop\BA1_0\node_modules\steam-tradeoffer-manager\lib\cla
sses\TradeOffer.js:90:12
    at Array.map (native)
    at C:\Users\e\Desktop\BA1_0\node_modules\steam-tradeoffer-manager\lib\cla
sses\TradeOffer.js:89:55
    at TradeOfferManager.<anonymous> (C:\Users\e\Desktop\BA1_0\node_modules\s
team-tradeoffer-manager\lib\assets.js:123:3)
    at C:\Users\e\Desktop\BA1_0\node_modules\steam-tradeoffer-manager\node_mo
dules\async\lib\async.js:52:16
dules\async\lib\async.js:361:13
dules\async\lib\async.js:52:16
    at done (C:\Users\e\Desktop\BA1_0\node_modules\steam-tradeoffer-manager\n
ode_modules\async\lib\async.js:246:17)
dules\async\lib\async.js:44:16

I redownloaded your latest upload to bitbucket and now once I logged in I got

20:39:13 - info: backpack.tf Automatic v1.0.0 starting
20:39:13 - verbose: Using saved Steam cookies
20:39:14 - verbose: Setting Trade Offer Manager cookies.
20:39:15 - info: Trade manager ready to go.
20:39:16 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.

20:40:03 - verbose: Offer #xxxxxxxxxxxx changed: InEscrow -> Canceled
20:40:25 - verbose: Offer #xxxxxxxxxxxx changed: Active -> InvalidItems
20:40:25 - info: Offer #xxxxxxxxxxxx is now invalid, declining

Wast the phone 2FA added? I so it may be good to tell the user the escrow stuff started

It's using the saved cookies, you don't need 2FA unless the cookies expire.

I thought you needed to add your phone number so the escrow is bypassed, do you not need to add a mobile number?

Hello,

@alewisGB - You need to enable Steam Mobile Guard on your IOS or Android Device. There is a Steam App. Also you will need to get a Secret Shared Key from your device when enabling Steam Guard, while watching your network =P

Good Luck,

Spirit

Hello. im getting this:

20:49:41 - info: backpack.tf Automatic v1.0.0 starting
Steam username (...)
Steam password (...)
Steam Guard app code (...)
Remember login? (no) yes
20:50:12 - info: Logged into Steam!
20:50:13 - verbose: Setting Trade Offer Manager cookies.
20:50:14 - info: Trade manager ready to go.
backpack.tf token (...)

Unknown command '(...)'
20:50:44 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.

And it nothing else happens. Also the token is duplicating every char.

Hello,

@Gleo1942 - "Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf." Should repeat it self every couple mins... and if you receive an offer then it should say unable to process because new device blah blah 7 days =P

This is based on believe and what i have received =P I believe that it sends a heartbeat once in a while and if it gets an offer it will handle it. umm also since we have logged into the device just now it will take 7 days for it to handle offers =P because of the steam new device block.

Thanks!

01:57:06 - info: [U:1:182379158] Incoming offer #909881926 from 76561198142644886
01:57:06 - info: [U:1:182379158] Offer #909881926 contains non-currency item Unusual Respectless Rubber Glove, skipping

he dont show price and which items added from me , and he dont show how much offers now exist, only show "verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf." in last version that functions was so usefull

01:57:06 - info: [U:1:182379158] Incoming offer #909881926 from 76561198142644886
01:57:06 - info: [U:1:182379158] Offer #909881926 contains non-currency item Unusual Respectless Rubber Glove, skipping

he dont show price and which items added from me , and he dont show how much offers now exist, only show "verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf." in last version that functions was so usefull

Well the things you have displayed i am actually very used to now seeing.

I don't even see what items it is. You should be happy it works this early =P i was expecting it to take month or months =D.

Also it is in its beta stage.

Might take some time to perfect it to user wants.

Hello,

@Gleo1942 - "Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf." Should repeat it self every couple mins... and if you receive an offer then it should say unable to process because new device blah blah 7 days =P

This is based on believe and what i have received =P I believe that it sends a heartbeat once in a while and if it gets an offer it will handle it. umm also since we have logged into the device just now it will take 7 days for it to handle offers =P because of the steam new device block.

Thanks!

About the heartbeat im aware, but in the old version it would say something like "0 pending offers; 0 new offers" or something. Is it not happening in this version?

Hello,

@Gleo1942 - We have to be happy with what we get at this time.

I bet more fixes and updates will come out as things settle down with this escrow update.

Thank You,

Spirit

PS: Secret Shared Key hint hint hint for all users of new update version. HINT HINT HINT

Does this mean that the shared key auto accept is fully functional and not gonna poop on me?

Hey,

@Khaos it was mentioned that it is in beta... you never know.. it is good to be prepared tho. I do know that if you do have the secret shared key.... in the end.... it will be able to confirm trades on its own.

This means you would meet the requirements for instantly trading (Having AUTH for atleast 7 days + Confirmation of trades on) and the confirmations would be accepted by the bot if secret shared key is added.

Thank You,

Spirit

Does this mean that the shared key auto accept is fully functional and not gonna poop on me?

I definitely would not use that yet if it's going to auto accept all in coming trades which Brad Pitt's blog post seemed to allude to. That would mean anybody sending you a lowball offer would auto accept, and then if you cancel you're on trade hold for 7 days, so that would be counterproductive.

Agreed on the earlier post about the heartbeat including the pending and offers info.

Has anybody actually received an automatic offer yet that has worked without needing to use the mobile app to confirm? Really curious if it's working without having to manually accept via the mobile app every time.  

I definitely would not use that yet if it's going to auto accept all in coming trades which Brad Pitt's blog post seemed to allude to. That would mean anybody sending you a lowball offer would auto accept, and then if you cancel you're on trade hold for 7 days, so that would be counterproductive.

Agreed on the earlier post about the heartbeat including the pending and offers info.

Has anybody actually received an automatic offer yet that has worked without needing to use the mobile app to confirm? Really curious if it's working without having to manually accept via the mobile app every time.  

I dont think it means that all offers are accepted, but instead it works tangent with backpack auto, where it can confirm the trade thru automatic for you instead using the dumb app 

I dont think it means that all offers are accepted, but instead it works tangent with backpack auto, where it can confirm the trade thru automatic for you instead using the dumb app 

This is per the blog post. Based on that last sentence, it would accept any confirmation that came through, so read into that what you will. 

"It also has a console input, where you can type "identity_secret <your base64 identity_secret>" if you've extracted your identity_secret from your phone. Doing so will make Automatic confirm all confirmations automatically. (Not just the offers handled by automatic, all confirmations) "

Hello,

You need to have Confirmations on... in order for the trade to be instant and not be placed on hold.

I believe so too. The bot will decline if incorrect amount and accept if correct then confirm. =P

This is per the blog post. Based on that last sentence, it would accept any confirmation that came through, so read into that what you will. 

"It also has a console input, where you can type "identity_secret <your base64 identity_secret>" if you've extracted your identity_secret from your phone. Doing so will make Automatic confirm all confirmations automatically. (Not just the offers handled by automatic, all confirmations) "

If a confirmation comes in it means the bot has accepted the offer....

You are confusing accepting a trade offer and confirming a trade offer. You still need to accept the offer before you can confirm it in the mobile app (or in this case, automatically if you provide your identity key -- which is different than the shared key, by the way -- the shared key is used to generate the tokens, the identity key is used in trade confirmations)

You are confusing accepting a trade offer and confirming a trade offer. You still need to accept the offer before you can confirm it in the mobile app (or in this case, automatically if you provide your identity key -- which is different than the shared key, by the way-- the shared key is used to generate the tokens, the identity key is used in trade confirmations)

Thanks for making that clearer, I think I got it now, I'm trying out the secret key, we'll see how it goes. 

Also, FYI, I just had a trade offer come through on a crate for example. Automatic said it was skipping the offer because too much metal was offered (.11 instead of .05). However I had overpay as "true" in the settings. Not sure if that's a bug or something else. It seemed to work with overpay as "true" before the update about a week ago when I last saw an overpay offer accepted. 

Thanks for making that clearer, I think I got it now, I'm trying out the secret key, we'll see how it goes. 

Also, FYI, I just had a trade offer come through on a crate for example. Automatic said it was skipping the offer because too much metal was offered (.11 instead of .05). However I had overpay as "true" in the settings. Not sure if that's a bug or something else. It seemed to work with overpay as "true" before the update about a week ago when I last saw an overpay offer accepted. 

settings.json or config.json? The new version uses config.json instead of settings.json.

admins, maybe you will block people on site who will not have eskrow?) for example. when somebody registered he need send something in your bot. and if its hold on. he will not be shown green buttoms with link tokens on other traders.