backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Ehm, how do I get the identity_secret file from my phone? I have already exported the Steamguard-(my ID) file from my iPhone's backup but I have yet to figure how to extract the identity_secret file though (Ye, I completely don't understand Brad Pitt's step 3)

i'm getting a  new error: cannot check escrow duration. both users involved in the trade are escrow-free. i,m using version 1.0, downloaded after that 'need to rebuild some dependencies' comment. i accepted the trades manually  and there was no escrow activation.

thanks

Ehm, how do I get the identity_secret file from my phone? I have already exported the Steamguard-(my ID) file from my iPhone's backup but I have yet to figure how to extract the identity_secret file though (Ye, I completely don't understand Brad Pitt's step 3)

if your phone is rooted, download root explorer, find com.valvesoftware folder, find your steam id steam guard .txt. click on it and here you go, find a line "secred_key" or something like that.

Edit: nvm its iphone, ur fucked up.

Hello,

@Mr.Giang - I would supose that you need to install TextWrangler on OSX and then open the file that you have found in your phone with it, in order to read the file... Then you will be able to see the file properly.

I believe this is what you need to do. Since Brad is actually reading this post at the moment. He might give a better reply.

Hi Brad

Thank you,

Spirit

Can someone tell me if my automatic is broken or function is really removed for writing node stuff in <steamid>.txt ? i have set my automatic on vps server and made it to stream on a website, but it seems that stuff isnt going.

Hello,

@Edvis_Knife - I believe it only sends out a heartbeat to backpack.tf once a while. and when you do get a offer only a limited amount of stuff is writen.

Thank You,

Spirit

Hello,

@Spirit - That's what i just noticed. Also noticed its now not settings.json but config.json. Do u know if this swap changes sentry file? do u think if i am now on 7days ban again because of swap?

Thank You,

Spirit Edvis_Knife

if your phone is rooted, download root explorer, find com.valvesoftware folder, find your steam id steam guard .txt. click on it and here you go, find a line "secred_key" or something like that.

Edit: nvm its iphone, ur fucked up.

If you can reach com.valvesoftware steamid + steamguard . txt file then what is wrong? lol, just open it, find "Identity_secret" part and right after will be a code like "identity_secret":"padfg54DAFg65aadFGadf=",

So if you found that part then go in your automatic, type help to see commands. Then type "identity_secret" after that put in that from " identity_secret padfg54DAFg65aadFGadf= " without quotion marks and click enter. And here you go.

-derp

If that is your secret key, I'd suggest you edit it out, never know if it can be taken and exploited.

I entered my secret key into backpack auto, but I still gotta confirm the trades on mobile. Not sure if I did it wrong or what?

(The trades do go straight to mobile now)

If that is your secret key, I'd suggest you edit it out, never know if it can be taken and exploited.

I entered my secret key into backpack auto, but I still gotta confirm the trades on mobile. Not sure if I did it wrong or what?

Make sure you used identity_secret. There are 3 secrets, and only identity_secret works.

Probably you use email trade confirmations. Turn them off for using automatic i think.

Make sure you used identity_secret. There are 3 secrets, and only identity_secret works.

Hi do you know if logs were removed from automatic? like <steamid>.log also <steamid>.trade.log I was using them ;-; but now it seems there are no text.

help me solving this http://i.imgur.com/wHCZ7pU.png

It was "i think" working. But i noticed that it stopped working on my vps, i went to vps, started service and everytime i login says cookies expired... what kind of magic is this? it doesnt even make tokens and yeah throws out error now. dunno how to fix.

Exactly! =D

Probably you use email trade confirmations. Turn them off for using automatic i think.

Nope =P Confirmations need to remain on.

I wouldn't share anything from the File =P

Thank You,

Spirit

Exactly! =D

Nope =P Confirmations need to remain on.

I wouldn't share anything from the File =P

Thank You,

Spirit

wat, i must enable trade email confirmations? how it will bypass my email?

Thank You,

Spirit Edvis_Knife

wat, i must enable trade email confirmations? how it will bypass my email?

Thank You,

Spirit Edvis_Knife

The confirmation goes to the mobile (or desktop) authenticator if you have that turned on, so no email.

Is it possible to get the identity_secret from the desktop authenticator?

I would hate to switch authenticator for it, because I will get a new 7 day trade escrow if I switch.. :(

Thanks!

Hello,

The confirmation goes to the mobile (or desktop) authenticator if you have that turned on, so no email.

Is it possible to get the identity_secret from the desktop authenticator?

I would hate to switch authenticator for it, because I will get a new 7 day trade escrow if I switch.. :(

Thanks!

Correct, and Yes you would be able to get the Secret Shared Key file and all its information like the Identity_secret and such from the desktop authenticator....

You do have limitations. https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamBot/comments/3ung8o/steam_mobile_auth_workarounds_etc/

As well as yes 7 day wait. If you are using Iphone or Ipad its a easy method. If you are using Android its a bit trickier but doable. And i haven't done the Windows PC Method since i do have Android.

Thank You,

Spirit

Hello,

Does someone know how to make it so that the bot accepts and confirms trades from Escrow and AUTH users? Not only AUTH users?

Because at this time... it says: 

15:25:43 - warn: Offer #910603961 would incur up to 3 escrow. Not accepting.

I have also entered in my "identity_secret <your base64 identity_secret>"  as Identity_secret = blahblahblahdsasdadsa
But still getting a msg: Successfully accepted; confirmation required.

does not confirm on its own.

Thank You,

Spirit

Thanks Dr. McKay. Backpack.tf automatic is now auto accepting trades just as it used to before escrow.

Thanks for all your hard work. 

If you can reach com.valvesoftware steamid + steamguard . txt file then what is wrong? lol, just open it, find "Identity_secret" part and right after will be a code like "identity_secret":"padfg54DAFg65aadFGadf=",

So if you found that part then go in your automatic, type help to see commands. Then type "identity_secret" after that put in that from " identity_secret padfg54DAFg65aadFGadf= " without quotion marks and click enter. And here you go.

The problem is that it isn't .txt file and when I open it after changing it into .txt file, just a bunch of weird stuffs.

Hello,

3. Once you export it, you can open it up using an app like TextWrangler on OSX (Not sure what to use on PC, don't have a PC right now - if someone with a PC fiddles with it, post here what you're using to open the file)

4.The file will contain your shared_secret, secret_1, identity_secret, revocation_code, etc. This is the information you will need to use backpack.tf-automatic in combination to Steam Mobile if you wish to use both.

If you cannot open that file using TextWrangler on OSX or can't figure out which line is what, you can use a little script I created using node, which you can find here.

@Mr.Giang - I belive you need TextWrangler if using a Mac.

Thank You,

Spirit

Hello, does this new version support buy orders? or will that be added in future version?

Hello,

@Absolutezeo - No not at this time. And lets all hope it wont.

Thank You,

Spriit

TnQRX6v.gif