backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

I click on the 1.1.3 download. It downloads a zip with 1.1.3 in its name.

However, once unzipped, the package.json says 1.1.1 in it.

Is that intentional?

Someone forgot to change it. But it's 1.1.3, it works better than 1.1.1.

Suggestion: return feature from the old bp.tf version, which was:

a) showing how much keys and metal is asked and how much was offered - now it sometimes shows "asked 4 ref, offered 0,33" when asked 1 key 4 ref and he offered 1 key 0,33 ref. No note of the key asked and offered ...
B) I used automatic a lot to check fast, how much was I asking - it doesn't show now when there are incorrect items offered.

c) when there is no matching trade, it doesn't show anything. It used to be "offered X keys and metal, asked X metal and keys" before. 

i was not talking about brick or anything only that some samsng devices will remeber if you ever had a cutsom rom installed aka root so basicly unrooting wouldnt helo since they still can tell you had a custom rom before. that might be the reason why some people do not want to root their phones. after allits up to them and since you can get the file without root why not?

And? what does change if "they" know that this device had root or custom rom? I mean, what it will change? Nothing. Just no warranty support for software. And rooting is not just for that steam identity_secret, It's a lot more, so yeah, was thinking that almost all people will have rooted their phones already, sry.

Hi everyone. Confirmation dont work for me. I enter identity_secret but bp automatic dont confirm offer. Where can I be wrong?

attachicon.gifauto.png

same here, nothing we can do, just wait for fixes in new version of automatic.

You can be Spirit =P

Even tho, Steam Api is down... so its kinda hard to list your items for sale =P

Hi everyone. Confirmation dont work for me. I enter identity_secret but bp automatic dont confirm offer. Where can I be wrong?

attachicon.gifauto.png

Try removing the = sign? I entered my code and its been working fine since

v1.2.0 is now available for download. It features an update checker (it only notifies you on startup if there are updates available; it doesn't automatically update itself) and a fix for people whose sessions are expiring.

Not helped :(

there must be a sign "=" your command about identity secret must look similiar like this

identity_secret SFH65ddfs52SDFGH3d=

and then press enter and this should work as i have set it up and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt after some time so yeah.

What happened here?: v1.2.0

Avdmjkd.png

Automatic is acting weird, everytime i restart automatic, i must put credentials again and again, also when i run automatic, i get this "steam username(asdfaf) info "new version available" why steam username is not going after it checks new version? thanks

ZhtXlrR.png

Ok mine seems to just say "Offer #XXXXXXXX successfully accepted; confirmation required"

It does not automatically accept the trade I looked into the config.json for the it has an oauth token and not a cookie for whatever reason;

Does the code still work to automatically authenticate the trades? Do I have to wait another 7 days? Can I use the cookie to trade now?

Also can I use the cookie for the next 7 days and switch to the oauth token when the 7 days has been up?

Looks like you did not update dependencies, only the script itself.

I have updated my config from that v1.2.1 downloaded on pc, ran on windows, replaced config on my vps, just copied sentry to be the same as it was. Replace steamclient.js file and i still get that error, while i have no problems on pc, what is goin on.

also how do i update dependencies?

updated whole "APP" folder on vps, also uploaded new config.json file from pc, and automatic even crashes at the start about same client.oauth, uploaded my old config, and it successfuly logins but informations does not get saved

Yeah i have that problem too, it says "trade offer accepted" but confirmation "required", what???!!! How to fix it?

Mine says "Confirmation required" but still confirms on it's own. Did you put in the identity_secret in correctly? Should look something like:

"identity_secret ddf65D0H345dfgfdfg345FD="

Mine says "Confirmation required" but still confirms on it's own. Did you put in the identity_secret in correctly? Should look something like:

"identity_secret XXXXXXXXXXXXXX="

Don't distribute your identity_secret (remove that if it is your real one)

Yeah i have that problem too, it says "trade offer accepted" but confirmation "required", what???!!! How to fix it?

You have to manually type in your identity_secret every time you start up the program. If you don't, it will not confirm any trade offers for you, all will have to be done manually by you through your phone. 

I have updated my config from that v1.2.1 downloaded on pc, ran on windows, replaced config on my vps, just copied sentry to be the same as it was. Replace steamclient.js file and i still get that error, while i have no problems on pc, what is goin on.

also how do i update dependencies?

updated whole "APP" folder on vps, also uploaded new config.json file from pc, and automatic even crashes at the start about same client.oauth, uploaded my old config, and it successfuly logins but informations does not get saved

Since you are connecting via Putty, I'm assuming you are using VPS or other sort of unix shell. You should use git for code management - updates can be executed by running "git pull".