backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

I could really use some help getting bp.tf to work. I've encountered an error that is on the bitbucket tracker as #50. I found the tutorials and readme to be kind of contradictory.

I'd just throw linux in a VM, but i'm on a computer with limited ram. I'd really like to get this working on Win7. Can someone add me to chat?

that's a known issue on https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic/issue/43/bot-crash-- was waiting for feedback from cares but he's ignoring me

I think that's a bug in steamtradeoffers actually

Result isn't checked here: https://github.com/srabouin/node-steam-tradeoffers/blob/master/index.js#L326

@Both of you, how do I fix it? I am not really good with programming and stuff.

@Both of you, how do I fix it? I am not really good with programming and stuff.

Brad will fix the tradeoffers thing sometime, the issue he linked is already fixed on the master branch.

thank you so much. this made my life easier. best christmas gift so far. donated 20$ just cuz of this its awesome. saved me a lot time making an own bot... i guess im just too lazy

however i have a few wishes, can you make it accept scrap.tf offers if they are valid and maybe add custom trades so that i can also accept idk key buying offers. i have few more wishes but they are more related to backpack.tf not to this bot. like allowing 0.01 for listings (selling 5 crates for a weapon) would be great if the bot could accept that aswell for sure. or maybe something like batch listing (listing more then one copy of whatever item without having to click every single item choose a price and list it) ohh and about the wallpaper maybe add an option so that people can choose a color which will be displayed behinde the picture so that you dont have to make your wallpaper a huge black picture so that it doesnt mess with the style or an no-scroll option.

I really love how it is kinda colorful - the new updated one that is.

How it is purple when it accepts a trade. Brad, you should make it more colorful next update ^_^

I really love how it is kinda colorful - the new updated one that is.

How it is purple when it accepts a trade. Brad, you should make it more colorful next update ^_^

I was the one who made that change, glad you like it.

If you have any suggestions let me know.

Please help me.

there's an error that say:

warn : Error occured contacting backpack.tf

please help

Provide more insight so we can help you. This is most likely a temporary problem, try restarting the bot.

I was the one who made that change, glad you like it.

If you have any suggestions let me know.

You should totally add more colors; it is absolutely sexy, lol. It really catches the eye and I just downloaded this one so when I seen it, I kinda jumped a little and it actually made me feel good about my offer getting accepted.

Maybe I have problems, maybe I don't, but it's good Cares! :D

EDIT: If I have any suggestions/ideas, I will post here :D

EDIT: If I have any suggestions/ideas, I will post here :D

If you want my attention specifically it's best to message me on Steam since I don't check here all the time, or you can create an issue on the bitbucket repository.

If you want my attention specifically it's best to message me on Steam since I don't check here all the time, or you can create an issue on the bitbucket repository.

Alright :D

Since about an hour or 2 ago, i have been getting this. 

debug: steam: web authentication Error: connect ETIMEDOUT, retrying

Steam seems to work fine though. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Since about an hour or 2 ago, i have been getting this. 

Steam seems to work fine though. Any help/advice is appreciated.

API has been down, apparently.

Hello, was wondering if I have identical items, but I'm only selling 1 of them, does the buyer need to specifically pick the 1 that i set up, for the bot to work?

Hello,

Just wondering, is there a way to run the Automatic.bat as a Service on my pc? or in someway in the background? and even best when the pc hybernates and or is asleep?
If you have the answer to any of these questions, Please respond as i would love to know how.

Thanks,

Spirit

Hello,

Just wondering, is there a way to run the Automatic.bat as a Service on my pc? or in someway in the background? and even best when the pc hybernates and or is asleep?

If you have the answer to any of these questions, Please respond as i would love to know how.

Thanks,

Spirit

Use Google. http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/running-program-batch-service-t83515.html

If you want to run the bot while your PC is off you need to look into cloud computing. You can try AWS (Amazon Web Services) for free, after several months you'll have to pay a little bit (not much though). I'm sure someone else can help you with that.

I'm having an issue where the trade offer being sent isn't being accepted automatically. It recognises that it's there but it says "Error 24 when accepting"