Ideas about an upcoming automated trading website

Bone

I've actually been working on sort of the same thing. :P Using Ruby on Rails and Node-Steam. Already functional, but it needs a lot of refinement. 

Dunno about adding value when buying items that have strange parts or paints. You probably wouldn't want to pay a whole lot more for a S. Wrap Assassin with critical kills. You'd need to make specific rules for individual items and then it gets messy :/. I have a decent idea of how it could work, but eh. Painted hats wouldn't be as much of a problem. 

If you want to take a look at some of my progress or talk about it, add me on Steam. 

alrighty. that's cool

added

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

If you're going to try to compete with Scrap.TF you should probably know exactly what you're doing. Do you really have the currency, know-how and money to maintain a competitor?

If you're going to try to compete with Scrap.TF you should probably know exactly what you're doing. Do you really have the currency, know-how and money to maintain a competitor?

I think those are 'fightin' words'.

EDIT: As you think.

I think those are 'fightin' words'.

:3

Have strange banking

Have Donation Ranks Better than "priority" "priority +"

Give like more item options then scrap tf like weps to buy

Make it trade offer based from the start

Have staff that isnt bronies or die hard MLP fans (no hate)

Options to buy/sell Regular/Spec/Prrof KS kit/Kit Faricators

Just to list a few

Have strange banking

Have Donation Ranks Better than "priority" "priority +"

Give like more item options then scrap tf like weps to buy

Make it trade offer based from the start

Have staff that isnt bronies or die hard MLP fans (no hate)

Options to buy/sell Regular/Spec/Prrof KS kit/Kit Faricators

Just to list a few

probably wont add the killstreak part.., there are no collectors too.. too unstable and risky

Whats the situation on staff...will there be any? What are the requirements?

there will be any. but in the beginning, it will probably only be a 2 man staff.. me and my partner

Can you let me know when applications become available, I have an available knowledge of python java and html/css 

Can you let me know when applications become available, I have an available knowledge of python java and html/css

Add me on steam maybe

Meow. Woof.

Hey bone, gonna add you later with some ideas. Not sure if it'll fall into what you want to achieve or not but it will be unique as far as i can tell and interesting for users.

Hey bone, gonna add you later with some ideas. Not sure if it'll fall into what you want to achieve or not but it will be unique as far as i can tell and interesting for users.

Sure. I'll be waiting

Meow. Woof.

Archived