Ideas about an upcoming automated trading website

Bone

It's back on!!!!!!!! Gimme suggestions

Hello People,

Before continuing, I'd like to make clear, if you are here to criticize, do so to help me. Please don't post things like "u srs m8?" Or "this is shit" or "scrap tf for life"(no offense)

Alright so,

You might be knowing me as the guy with bots. Well, its been my dream for long that I should have my own automated trading website on the internet and now that I have the funds and the resources, I'm making my dream come true.

It's probably gonna be named TF2 retailer

P.S. - no cash trades

Well, as I've already said, it's an automated trading website.. But I don't want it to be a copy of scrap.tf and I surely don't want geel storming here.. :/

In a nutshell, I am looking for ideas from you guys to help me make this truly unique. Please post below or PM me on the forums.

Don't add me on steam, I'm on phone ATM and I'm not running steam

-Bone

Features To Be Added:

• Unusual Hat Banking
  • Australium Weapon Banking
  • Item : Item trades with Overpay

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you plan to be better than Bazaar's buy now bots or even Dispenser?

My intentions aren't even related to those websites.

I am making a banking site, not something like bazaar buy now or dispenser

u srs m8? this is shit screp.tf 4 lief!

I like the idea. Please add me, maybe i can like invest or something.:3

Yeah, that's great idea, man. Good luck with that! Outpost & bazaar is really a nutshell, we need something new, changes.

u srs m8? this is shit screp.tf 4 lief!

I like the idea. Please add me, maybe i can like invest or something.:3

Nooooo

OP: you add me. I'll download steam on my phone. I don't really think I need funds though.

Yeah, that's great idea, man. Good luck with that! Outpost & bazaar is really a nutshell, we need something new, changes.

No offense dude but I want ideas, not criticism or good lucks.

Also, I'm not making a trading website. I'm making an AUTOMATED trading website.. Something like scrapTF

No offense dude but I want ideas, not criticism or good lucks.

Also, I'm not making a trading website. I'm making an AUTOMATED trading website.. Something like scrapTF

Will this website be along the lines of a collection of bots buying low/selling high for the organization's profit, or will it be like trading whereas you trade your items to bots and they sell them for you?

Will this website be along the lines of a collection of bots buying low/selling high for the organization's profit, or will it be like trading whereas you trade your items to bots and they sell them for you?

The first one.. Banking website..

Ah, okay. The term automated trading is a bit vague.

That's why I've written the whole thread.

This question has been asked before too.

• Buy/sell more obscure items. 

buy/sell unusuals. 

buy/sell items for other items (requiring a 30% overpay in items based off of bptf prices and have a "buffer", which would ignore any offers with new (unstable) items. 

buy/sell painted/parted items. 

If you really want to increase traffic, you have to have something original. Currently almost no site comes close to scrap.tf in terms of automated banking. You could implement more features such as stated above, very obscure items or even better selling the items for real money. It could be a store/ automated bot service. That's just my two cents, I wish you the best of luck, .tf sites are getting stale.

If you really want to increase traffic, you have to have something original. Currently almost no site comes close to scrap.tf in terms of automated banking. You could implement more features such as stated above, very obscure items or even better selling the items for real money. It could be a store/ automated bot service. That's just my two cents, I wish you the best of luck, .tf sites are getting stale.

selling for cash wouldn't really work considering the risks involved and the time required to verify buyers--it would only pay if the items were of larger values--which could be a secondary market on the site, but i seriously doubt unusuals/stuff like them would be the driving force. 

Is the website the recipient of the items?  E.g. I trade one of your bots 1 Team Captain, the bot gives me 6 ref, then stores it until it trades someone else for 1 key?  

Is the website the recipient of the items? E.g. I trade one of your bots 1 Team Captain, the bot gives me 6 ref, then stores it until it trades someone else for 1 key?

Kinda. That is, if I add a feature and allow it to buy and sell TC'S.

Well, I don't think so. I admire scrap.tf in a way but I don't think its hard to replicate if you know what you're doing.

• Buy/sell more obscure items.
  • buy/sell unusuals.
  • buy/sell items for other items (requiring a 30% overpay in items based off of bptf prices and have a "buffer", which would ignore any offers with new (unstable) items.
  • buy/sell painted/parted items.

Can you tell me what obscure items?

I was thinking about unusuals as well.

Item : item is something. Gotta look. There can be probs, suppose someone gave the bot an item which the bot might accept as overpay BUT it won't be able to sell it as it natively does not deal in that item.

I'll look into painted/parted items.

Meow. Woof.

Can you tell me what obscure items?

I was thinking about unusuals as well.

Item : item is something. Gotta look. There can be probs, suppose someone gave the bot an item which the bot might accept as overpay BUT it won't be able to sell it as it natively does not deal in that item.

I'll look into painted/parted items.

Meow. Woof.

Random items meaning like all hats/stranges/miscs.

i.e. buy/sell everything--then you'll be able to accept item offers no problem. 

Like, buy everything at 40% off bp.tf price (with a few exceptions--keys/buds/craft hats/etc...) and sell everything for bptf price. 

Random items meaning like all hats/stranges/miscs. i.e. buy/sell everything--then you'll be able to accept item offers no problem.

I'll have to do thousands of if...else conditions.. The code will be HUGE..

I'll have to do thousands of if...else conditions.. The code will be HUGE..

Couldn't you have it run through bptf once a day, generate a two-dimensional array containing the name/id and its price. And then compare whats in both side of the trades by looking up the name/id in the array? And just have one if else being: If his items are 1.3x my items then accept else, ask for more.

/I'm not really sure how the bot "sees" the trade. so....

Couldn't you have it run through bptf once a day, generate a two-dimensional array containing the name/id and its price. And then compare whats in both side of the trades by looking up the name/id in the array?

Well that's not the thing. I can get the prices of all itwms by doing that but consider this. (Not working code)

OnTradeAddItem

{

If(item.defindex == xx)

{

Add x amount of ref or whatever

}

}

I wrote it on the phone directly. Sorry for the indentation and stuff

Well that's not the thing. I can get the prices of all itwms by doing that but consider this. (Not working code)

OnTradeAddItem

{

If(item.defindex == xx)

{

Add x amount of ref or whatever

}

}

I wrote it on the phone directly. Sorry for the indentation and stuff

Couldn't you do something like: 

item[];

Price[]; 

double total; 

double hisTotal; 

Item was added to the trade. 

for(int i; i=0;i++){

if(item.id==item) his total +=price;

}

if (total==hisTotal) accept; 

else ask for more; 

Couldn't you do something like:

Price[][];

double total;

double hisTtotal;

Item was added to the trade.

x=item.id;

for(int i; i=0;i++){

if(x==price) his total +=price[

}

if (total==hisTotal) accept;

else ask for more;

According to that code, you're comparing an item Id with an array without values.

Can you tell me what you're trying to do there?

According to that code, you're comparing an item Id with an array without values.

Can you tell me what you're trying to do there?

I just showed the initialization of the arrays so it was clearer what i was referring to. 

Those arrays would be the item/price arrays that would be updated daily/every other day.

And to keep running time/demands lower you could create multiple item/price arrays. One for stranges, one for hats, one for paints, etc... And then update them all on different schedules (as some fluctuate more than others). And that would also make it so the code wouldn't have to run through a huge array to find the value of a paint being offered. 

I just showed the initialization of the arrays so it was clearer what i was referring to.

Those arrays would be the item/price arrays that would be updated daily/every other day

I guess I do have an idea. I'll look into it. The main problem would be, item qualities. I'll figure out something. I already have you in my friends list and then there's always stack overflow if something goes wrong.

I guess I do have an idea. I'll look into it. The main problem would be, item qualities. I'll figure out something. I already have you in my friends list and then there's always stack overflow if something goes wrong.

Why would qualities be an issue? 

Archived