Ideas about an upcoming automated trading website

Bone

Why would qualities be an issue?

Why do yiu keep editing your posts.. It was mmmm.. When I clicked on Aug the, it changed to a question..

Anyways, I am thinking instead of getting the specifc details from the bp api like price, Id and quality. I just copy over the api and do whatever I want

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do yiu keep editing your posts.. It was mmmm.. When I clicked on Aug the, it changed to a question..

Anyways, I am thinking instead of getting the specifc details from the bp api like price, Id and quality. I just copy over the api and do whatever I want

I like editing my posts :3 

I usually don't edit posts after a minute or two though.

Well, whether you constantly have the bp api running or have a price list generated doesn't really make a difference. Although, a definite price list might be simpler--since there would be no need to fetch data for each trade--just each time the price list gets refreshed. But the api would also be more up-to-date and/or less demanding in its own way. 

I like editing my posts :3

I usually don't edit posts after a minute or two though.

Well, whether you constantly have the bp api running or have a price list generated doesn't really make a difference. Although, a definite price list might be simpler--since there would be no need to fetch data for each trade--just each time the price list gets refreshed. But the api would also be more up-to-date and/or less demanding in its own way.

1. Getting a price list generated is faster.

2. Bp.tf api has a 1 minute cool down in refresh.

I guess I'll just run a timer to get updated prices from bp every hour or so

Try with quickbuy unusuals.

Dota2/CS:GO items.

Steam gifts.

Have as much info as possible for your items and what you sell - compare prices, wiki page, bp.tf price etc

Use a unique style, system and everything - so it's not a copy paste from the other sites.

Try with quickbuy unusuals.

Dota2/CS:GO items.

Steam gifts.

Have as much info as possible for your items and what you sell - compare prices, wiki page, bp.tf price etc

Use a unique style, system and everything - so it's not a copy paste from the other sites.

unusual quickbuying will be there

possibly gonna buy all unusuals for 8 keys, gifted for maybe 6 or 7

resell at 10/11

dota2/cs go sorry i wont implement that.. tf2 only

steam gifts, idk.. tbh, i dont know how to implement those.. it can be very simple but still, theres a reason i do tf2 only bots.

steam gifts, idk.. tbh, i dont know how to implement those.. it can be very simple but still, theres a reason i do tf2 only bots.

steam gifts....bad idea. Too easy for them to get revoked, which by itself is tolerable if you're able to keep a close eye on things--so on a bot, its just asking for trouble. 

steam gifts....bad idea. Too easy for them to get revoked, which by itself is tolerable if you're able to keep a close eye on things--so on a bot, its just asking for trouble. 

yus

yeah, one of the things that will make you remember the site

Make a card trading service that let's people store their cards on it until someone gives one of a set of specific cards for it.

So let's say that I have an extra TF2 Scout card and I am missing the Spy, Soldier, and Pyro.  I can store my Scout card up on your bot and specify that I want either Spy, Soldier or Pyro in exchange for it.

A listing is then created on your site that says a Scout card is available and lists each of the three cards that can be traded for it.  Someone selects this trade and specifies that they will trade a Pyro card for it, trades with the bot, and now the bot has a Pyro card ready for me to come get.

Now I check back on the website and see that someone traded a Pyro card for my scout card and I go and grab the Pyro card from the bot.

Make a card trading service that let's people store their cards on it until someone gives one of a set of specific cards for it.

So let's say that I have an extra TF2 Scout card and I am missing the Spy, Soldier, and Pyro.  I can store my Scout card up on your bot and specify that I want either Spy, Soldier or Pyro in exchange for it.

A listing is then created on your site that says a Scout card is available and lists each of the three cards that can be traded for it.  Someone selects this trade and specifies that they will trade a Pyro card for it, trades with the bot, and now the bot has a Pyro card ready for me to come get.

Now I check back on the website and see that someone traded a Pyro card for my scout card and I go and grab the Pyro card from the bot.

1. it's gonna be a banking website.. you're better doing that on bazaar.tf buy now trades

2. trading cards dont come under tf2

1. it's gonna be a banking website.. you're better doing that on bazaar.tf buy now trades

2. trading cards dont come under tf2

Fine!  I'll make my own lunar trading card bot!  With blackjack!  And Hookers!  :angry: 

This sounds pretty much exactly like TF2 warehouse.   You can buy all kinds of items (everything from low level stranges to unusuals) and you can deposit all kinds of items, provided the items aren't overstocked.  The overstock is the problem of course (but from what I can tell an absolute necessity or else they'd be swamped with strange bottles, etc.).  If you can find a way somehow to get around the overstock limit TF2 warehouse has, you've got a winner on your hands.  

This sounds pretty much exactly like TF2 warehouse.   You can buy all kinds of items (everything from low level stranges to unusuals) and you can deposit all kinds of items, provided the items aren't overstocked.  The overstock is the problem of course (but from what I can tell an absolute necessity or else they'd be swamped with strange bottles, etc.).  If you can find a way somehow to get around the overstock limit TF2 warehouse has, you've got a winner on your hands.  

Excpet warehouse does it on a credit based system, which sucks to deal with and has terrible prices. Not to mention, only warehouse would be stupid enough to have an overstock limit on keys/ref/buds, fucking dumbass system. 

Excpet warehouse does it on a credit based system, which sucks to deal with and has terrible prices. Not to mention, only warehouse would be stupid enough to have an overstock limit on keys/ref/buds, fucking dumbass system. 

Agreed it's not the best, however it does prevent the stocking of a mass amount of ref which is beneficial to the site for obvious reasons.  But yeah, the prices aren't great, however they're not terrible either.  They don't overcharge for any of their items, but then again, they don't give you much in terms of credit for what you deposit either.  I don't get the key/bud limit either.    

I use the warehouse for items that are tough to get rid of that I don't feel like sitting on any longer.  That's about it.  

On another note (and maybe more relevant to the topic), anyone with a dispenser account knows that 90% of the traders out there cannot actually figure out how that system works.  The concept is great - trade whenever you want with other traders that set their own prices.  The problem is that it's just too complicated for the majority of traders out there.  I'm pretty sure one thing they all get stuck on is the credit system the site employs (or offline trades as it's called for some reason).  This is where dispenser fucked up, it's not user friendly enough, and there's an opportunity there for someone else to take advantage of.  

Agreed it's not the best, however it does prevent the stocking of a mass amount of ref which is beneficial to the site for obvious reasons.  But yeah, the prices aren't great, however they're not terrible either.  They don't overcharge for any of their items, but then again, they don't give you much in terms of credit for what you deposit either.  I don't get the key/bud limit either.    

I use the warehouse for items that are tough to get rid of that I don't feel like sitting on any longer.  That's about it.  

On another note (and maybe more relevant to the topic), anyone with a dispenser account knows that 90% of the traders out there cannot actually figure out how that system works.  The concept is great - trade whenever you want with other traders that set their own prices.  The problem is that it's just too complicated for the majority of traders out there.  I'm pretty sure one thing they all get stuck on is the credit system the site employs (or offline trades as it's called for some reason).  This is where dispenser fucked up, it's not user friendly enough, and there's an opportunity there for someone else to take advantage of.

So it'll be like http://tf2mart.net/ except without a credit system and a larger stock limit?

@Gren - It's probably not gonna be like Warehouse. more like Scrap.TF with much more features and bankers

@Cranwell - ^^

Fairly interesting idea, I'm looking forward to see how it turns out in the end. Do you plan to use a more developed dialogue for your bots? That may honestly be a wonderful division between you and scrap.tf or any other automated bot site/hoster. 

I suppose I just figured that having more options available once the user has added the bot would make things more interesting. (More coding though, I'd imagine.)

Fairly interesting idea, I'm looking forward to see how it turns out in the end. Do you plan to use a more developed dialogue for your bots? That may honestly be a wonderful division between you and scrap.tf or any other automated bot site/hoster. 

I suppose I just figured that having more options available once the user has added the bot would make things more interesting. (More coding though, I'd imagine.)

Don't worry about coding, I have all the time in the world.

What do you mean by dialogues??

Don't worry about coding, I have all the time in the world.

What do you mean by dialogues??

Nothing more than more options. If the bots will be banking, may as well have more options within the bots to narrow the search down. Much like scrap.tf's selection page, just a bit more compact and in more of a "Search Bar" format. That is, of course, if you're going to be banking random items. Perhaps implement backpack.tf's pricing into that somehow? 

Nothing more than more options. If the bots will be banking, may as well have more options within the bots to narrow the search down. Much like scrap.tf's selection page, just a bit more compact and in more of a "Search Bar" format. That is, of course, if you're going to be banking random items. Perhaps implement backpack.tf's pricing into that somehow? 

Yes. That's what I am (kinda) going to do.

Updated the main thread with features to be added.

AwesomeMcCoolname was onto something on page 1. Try an unusual scraping site. That might shake the economy a little.

read the main thread

im doing it to buy unusuals at 9 keys.. 7 for gifted and slel for 11

might add something later to buy unusuals at 50% bp.tf value

Archived