Ideas about an upcoming automated trading website

Bone

might add something later to buy unusuals at 50% bp.tf value

I'd have a dynamic percentage based on the effect and the hat (i.e. is the hat new or not).

Also you have to be careful, you don't want to be buying hijacked unusuals. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have a dynamic percentage based on the effect and the hat (i.e. is the hat new or not).

bots cant really detect hijacked unusuals :/

Or outdated hats. I've sold hats 50% at backpack.tf value and it was still a pain to sell said hat.

bots cant really detect hijacked unusuals :/

Not directly anyway. 

Options:

1) Have someone look over the bots--and get a notification whenever an unusual is offered (not super practical) 

2) Have a script, which looks at bp values/play time/games/account level/etc... 

Or outdated hats. I've sold hats 50% at backpack.tf value and it was still a pain to sell said hat.

Thats only really the case for new effects--hence the separate percentage for different effects. 

Not directly anyway. 

Options:

1) Have someone look over the bots--and get a notification whenever an unusual is offered (not super practical) 

2) Have a script, which looks at bp values/play time/games/account level/etc... 

Thats only really the case for new effects--hence the separate percentage for different effects. 

it can be exploited at points when the value of a certain hat is dropping on BP

like, a suggestion has been made darned to be accepted but hasnt been accepted yet

ppl be like, lets get all i can

it can be exploited at points when the value of a certain hat is dropping on BP

like, a suggestion has been made darned to be accepted but hasnt been accepted yet

ppl be like, lets get all i can

Well you could have something which also looks at open suggestions. But, thats kind of irrelevant--If you set up the right percentage of bptf price than the suggestion won't matter. For example, Most third gen effects which are priced on bptf will realistically sell for half the listed price. So, new effects would require a 75% discount. Older effects, on the other hand, are relatively stable and accurate (assuming its not on a new hat) and 50% of bp prices will likely be perfect 95% of the time. But of course, some overpriced hats will slip through, i'm sure, but worst case scenario is that you break even on those--but thats just part of the risk of venturing into a more risky (and more lucrative) field. 

Well you could have something which also looks at open suggestions. But, thats kind of irrelevant--If you set up the right percentage of bptf price than the suggestion won't matter. For example, Most third gen effects which are priced on bptf will realistically sell for half the listed price. So, new effects would require a 75% discount. Older effects, on the other hand, are relatively stable and accurate (assuming its not on a new hat) and 50% of bp prices will likely be perfect 95% of the time. But of course, some overpriced hats will slip through, i'm sure, but worst case scenario is that you break even on those--but thats just part of the risk of venturing into a more risky (and more lucrative) field. 

the bp.tf doesnt provide a way(not that i know of) to check at open suggestions

the bp.tf doesnt provide a way(not that i know of) to check at open suggestions

You could just make a minimum price for hats/effects. 

I.e. ANY burning hat will get at least 2 buds. ANY Team Captain will get at least 1.5 buds. 

And if someone wants more than that then they have to submit a request on the site listing their own unusual along with what they want, and then you'd just run through it and accept the good ones and decline the crappy ones.

Going through unusuals and deciding if they're good or bad, as a person, is quite easy. So, use the site to draw in traffic and bring in lots of quick sellers and then just make the decisions in person.

You could just make a minimum price for hats/effects. 

I.e. ANY burning hat will get at least 2 buds. ANY Team Captain will get at least 1.5 buds. 

And if someone wants more than that then they have to submit a request on the site listing their own unusual along with what they want, and then you'd just run through it and accept the good ones and decline the crappy ones.

Going through unusuals and deciding if they're good or bad, as a person, is quite easy. So, use the site to draw in traffic and bring in lots of quick sellers and then just make the decisions in person.

quite similar to aquick buying trade..

and im VERY choosy in quick buying

i got my trade on OP.. around 60-70 offers.. only bought 1 of them yet xD

quite similar to aquick buying trade..

and im VERY choosy in quick buying

i got my trade on OP.. around 60-70 offers.. only bought 1 of them yet xD

Its not that you're picky, most aren't quicksells. I've done the same thing. But the difference is that if the site works out well, then you'll get a lot more traffic, which means more offers, which means more actual quicksells. 

nah. it's my signature which comes when i post using tapatalk

Make up your damn mind. You're either a cat or a dog. Not both. 

Make up your damn mind. You're either a cat or a dog. Not both.

I like cats.

I own a dog.

I love cats.

Dogs are the best.

I'm catdog.

Google it :)

Meow. Woof.

Will your site support the function for buying:

• Fabricators & Kits
    • Buy each at a set price?
  • Stranges
    • Stranges with parts too?
  • Crates
  • Collectors Items
  • Hats
    • Hats with paints / Strange hats

Overall, really love the idea. Hope it becomes a reality. 

Good luck in your future endeavors. 

​​

• Fabricators & Kits
  • Stranges
  • Crates
  • Collectors Items
  • Hats

​​

Since we will either be using Trade.TF's api or backpack.TF's api. If they have a price in there, it's probably gonna be included. No idea about paints/parts as of now.

• Fabricators & Kits
  • Stranges
  • Crates
  • Collectors Items
  • Hats

​​

Since we will either be using Trade.TF's api or backpack.TF's api. If they have a price in there, it's probably gonna be included. No idea about paints/parts as of now.

I wouldn't use trade.tf's api. I've been selling a pro unique knife for 15 keys (50% of trade.tf's value) no luck. SCM has them at 8 keys apiece. May want to try using SCM for any fabricators/kits etc.

I wouldn't use trade.tf's api. I've been selling a pro unique knife for 15 keys (50% of trade.tf's value) no luck. SCM has them at 8 keys apiece. May want to try using SCM for any fabricators/kits etc.

If only valve made an api. No idea how trade tf detect scm trades

Meow. Woof.

If only valve made an api. No idea how trade tf detect scm trades

Meow. Woof.

You can scrape it. Market actually has *sort of* a json API but you need to parse HTML.

I've actually been working on sort of the same thing. :P Using Ruby on Rails and Node-Steam. Already functional, but it needs a lot of refinement. 

Dunno about adding value when buying items that have strange parts or paints. You probably wouldn't want to pay a whole lot more for a S. Wrap Assassin with critical kills. You'd need to make specific rules for individual items and then it gets messy :/. I have a decent idea of how it could work, but eh. Painted hats wouldn't be as much of a problem. 

If you want to take a look at some of my progress or talk about it, add me on Steam. 

Archived